Guardians of the Galaxy

Montana Smith

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hbFPyMOHcHQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kongisking

featofstrength said:

Which one, the "splitting hairs" remark or the naked man at the piano? :p

And I don't see it as splitting hairs. Your comment was hilarious to me since Green Lantern itself was significantly borrowing elements from a really neat concept too. It's the way of fiction: things get recycled and become special again.

Le Saboteur

kongisking said:
And I don't see it as splitting hairs. Your comment was hilarious to me since Green Lantern itself was significantly borrowing elements from a really neat concept too. It's the way of fiction: things get recycled and become special again.

You're wasting your time. Fozzie's all ZOMG Dee Cee and thinks everything created in the sixties was a bastion of originality, just like Lucas! He's had ideas that have never been ideered before!

Pale Horse said:
It's the Disney Way.

You, sir, are not helping. Perhaps a Twitter account would be more to your liking?

For the rest of you A-holes, peep your leer orbs this way:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TjmxiqiozBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

old-spice-guy-nodding.gif

giphy.gif

If you're high on believing, then swing by this site for a handful of screen grabs.

Rocket Raccoon said:
He's the only one I want, but it'll probably mean having to buy a tree to get him.

Well, at least Rocket will be firmly planted.

I'm not a toy person, but I have a couple (literally, two) of figurines lying around. I think these three will be adding themselves to that "collection" as soon as I can get my hands on them.

20140216-155228-640x453.jpg

You can find a lot more from Toy Fair '14 over here and here.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Not a bad trailer. Made me convinced to watch this if I have two hours on a Tuesday night while TBS streams it censored for our viewing pleasures.

Le Saboteur said:
You, sir, are not helping. Perhaps a Twitter account would be more to your liking?

I know, I know. I'd of shut this sort of thing down long ago, but now that Disney owns it all, including Indy...I have to tolerate it. :whip: :p

Montana Smith

Le Saboteur said:
Well, at least Rocket will be firmly planted.

I'm not a toy person, but I have a couple (literally, two) of figurines lying around. I think these three will be adding themselves to that "collection" as soon as I can get my hands on them.

You can find a lot more from Toy Fair '14 over here and here.

There's the Kotobukiya,

attachment.php

but I'll be waiting to see Hot Toys' one sixth version.

Spurlock

Can I just say that that very first seen proves that my suggestion to have Chris Pratt replace Ford was rightfully dignified. Pratt truly did a great job recreating Indiana Jones, Impressed me greatly.

As for the movie, this trailer has got me interested, looks like a lot of fun, fireflyesque adventure.

kongisking

Spurlock said:
Can I just say that that very first seen proves that my suggestion to have Chris Pratt replace Ford was rightfully dignified. Pratt truly did a great job recreating Indiana Jones, Impressed me greatly.

As for the movie, this trailer has got me interested, looks like a lot of fun, fireflyesque adventure.

I personally got more of a Nathan Drake vibe than Indy from Pratt here. Indy's not the boyish, goofy type, he's more of a dry-witted, gruff badass.

The new Indy?

Naaahhh.

The live-action Nate Drake?

need-it.gif

HenryJunior

I was a little worried about this one, but the trailer for the time being has proved me wrong. I'm glad it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, evidenced by "Hooked on a feeling" underscoring nearly the whole trailer. I love how the these heroes are supposed to be a little strange, and they're all underdogs. I usually hate when people use this term but it really does give me some Star Wars vibes. There was so much hype leading into the Avengers, I think this will be refreshing.

Genuinely interested now, can't wait.

Montana Smith

HenryJunior said:
I'm glad it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously, evidenced by "Hooked on a feeling" underscoring nearly the whole trailer.

It's funny as the trailer begins with an overly earnest Nolanesque soundtrack, then at thirty seconds drops the act and heads into full-on comedy mode.

Seems to be the Downey Jr. Tony Stark approach to the characterization, which should help it along.

Certainly looks more fun than the covers on my old GotG comics.

Le Saboteur

Spurlock said:
Can I just say...

kongisking said:
The new Indy?

No. There's another thread for that discussion, gentlemen. Sofa king typical, though. One of you twelve year olds were bound to bring up that most obvious of connections.

Pale Horse said:
Not a bad trailer.

Hope: It springs eternal.

Montana Smith said:
There's the Kotobukiya...

Eh, it's a nice sculpt. It's just not something I would have on a shelf. There's just something very appealing about those Funko Pop! figurines.

The fallout as it were following the trailer has been impressive as well.

Fizziology said:
After debuting Tuesday on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” the footage for the upcoming outer space adventure attracted 88,000 mentions across Twitter, Facebook and various blogs in a 12-hour period between 11 p.m. EST until 11 a.m. EST. By way of contrast, in the first 24 hours following their trailer debuts, “Man of Steel” attracted 75,000 social mentions, and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2″ inspired 96,000 mentions — and those were released at a reasonable hour.

“The Guardians of the Galaxy” trailer has drawn more than 4 million views on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s” YouTube page.
“The reaction was giddy,” Ben Carlson, president and co-creator of Fizziology, said. “I think a lot of people didn’t know how the film was going to work, it’s five superheroes and one of them is a raccoon and another is a tree. But they nailed the tone. It was light and fun and full of action and you see that reflected in the social media reaction.”

Carlson’s description of the film’s off-beat appeal is accurate. “The Guardians of the Galaxy” centers on a cadre of intergalactic misfits, one of whom is a raccoon adventurer named Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper) and another is a tree-like creature called Groot (vocal honors come courtesy of Vin Diesel). Rocket Raccoon was mentioned in 3 percent of conversations, while Groot was only brought up in 1 percent of the social media back-and-forth. But those characters weren’t generating the lion’s share of buzz.

Buzz doesn't guarantee revenue, but it certainly got people talking and that's always a good thing. Since I was so damn close to being spot-on with Thor: The Dark World's box office, I'm going to make a bold prediction: $1.1-billion in global box office, more if some version of this is the bridge to Age of Ultron.

For those of you who are really, really curious at breaking down the trailer stop by and check out some of the super sharp images.

ndta.png

James Gunn, the director, helps break down the trailer for the flick and teases the "full trailer" in a couple of months. (That does coincide with Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

For everybody else though, just remember: It's only another year-and-a-half for another Batman trailer! Whoo!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Le Saboteur said:
Eh, it's a nice sculpt. It's just not something I would have on a shelf. There's just something very appealing about those Funko Pop! figurines.

There's something appealing about the 'little guy'!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0Udzfdl2xuw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Montana Smith

Rocket speaks some more:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ULXqMQLLFU4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:p

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bg7bpzUIDEA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Montana Smith

A retro update.

Mainly because I liked the attached photo.

Rocket Racoon has enter the set. Update for Guardians of the Galaxy

June 6, 2013

A very interesting story has come from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. The past few updates have been more additions to the cast. However this report from WhoSay features another addition to the cast but of a different kind.

Today, the film received its Rocket Raccoon, and the actor performing the role is none other than a raccoon. Director James Gunn met with a trained raccoon on the set. The furry performer will help in the portrayal of the intergalactic raccoon.

1cd6c906a9cdafce753f5e3ca9a14ffa.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/rocket-racoon-has-enter-the-set-update-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:
Don't discount Star Lord either.

10268640_584894874958872_5576532394311655788_n.jpg

10177287_584894871625539_9129011513665962283_n.jpg

Pirates.. in SPA-ACE!

If I had 100 bucks to spare, I'd bet that in the movie, Star-Lord very rarely wears the mask....and whenever he does, he's constantly taking it off. Because there's this idiotic phobia to having heroes with their faces covered nowadays. Some excuse that sounds like, "you can't see their faces, so you can't see them act!"

Especially annoying in the Spider-Man movies. I still remember visibly groaning at the moment in ASM 1 where Spidey gives his mask to a kid while saving him from a burning car. The excuse they give is unbelievably cheesy, and its clear as day they just wanted an extra moment to see Andrew Garfield's face. Ugh.

Which is why I'll always give props to the Iron Man movies for finding an ingenious way around this problem with the HUD idea. You can see the actor emote....but he still keeps the badass helmet on. :cool: