Marvel Cinematic Universe News & Speculation

jsarino

Looks like Marvel just did a "..you can do anything, I can do better..." to DC :p Instead of an Avengers 3, it'll be a two-parter...wow! Captain Marvel, which is cool, but no Black Widow stand-alone?

TheFedora

jsarino said:
Looks like Marvel just did a "..you can do anything, I can do better..." to DC :p Instead of an Avengers 3, it'll be a two-parter...wow! Captain Marvel, which is cool, but no Black Widow stand-alone?

And they get Black Panther out before Cyborg movie so yeah.

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, you get the edit, if only for your conscious avoidance of Marvel synergy.

Note for mods: Kong chose a rather limited/timed/whatever heading for this thread, and Marvel's movie output has been begging for a general news & info thread for a while. So, how about retitling the thread (again) to, say, the Marvel Cinematic Universe News. You would then have a general repository of information, and individual threads could be saved for when there's something concrete to talk about; i.e., a trailer, cast photo, etc.

jsarino said:
Looks like Marvel just did a "..you can do anything, I can do better..." to DC.

I disagree. We've known that Marvel has had a road map for quite some time, and Black Panther and (not necessarily) Captain Marvel would have to show up at some point in time. They were both Avengers after all, and with the now confirmed rumors leading up to Civil War there has to be a new team assembled. Especially if we're ever going to get the West Coast Avengers. The Great Lakes Avengers would just be too much.

That said, I don't find having heroes with high melanin counts to be particularly daring. Since DC is still a blank slate, Marvel's subject matter is far more intriguing. They're tackling weightier material than DC appears to be willing to attempt.

TheFedora said:
And they get Black Panther out before Cyborg movie so yeah..

Luke Cage will hit the small screen well before either strides into theatres.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
Note for mods: Kong chose a rather limited/timed/whatever heading for this thread, and Marvel's movie output has been begging for a general news & info thread for a while. So, how about retitling the thread (again) to, say, the Marvel Cinematic Universe News. You would then have a general repository of information, and individual threads could be saved for when there's something concrete to talk about; i.e., a trailer, cast photo, etc.

Objection sustained.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Avengers double dip: Infinity War? Called it:
Does it all really culminate in Avengers 3 with Galactus collecting the six Trivial Pursuit pie pieces?
Check your long boxes for future eBay geek bait!
Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over one aspect of the multiverse: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power. Thanos erases half the sentient life in the universe (including most of the X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four) quite literally with a snap of his fingers.
That oughta free up the release schedule. I'm assuming Disney ran this by legal.

Le Saboteur

Grizzlor said:
Sorry if I'm not having a party due to this announcement.

Would you care to elaborate or do we just assume that your mangina is sad because Ford is nowhere to be seen?

Moedred said:
Avengers double dip: Infinity War? Called it:

It wasn't a hard call to make exactly. In the same way that Star Wars IX will be split into two parts as well. It's practically SOP in Hollywood.

After some thought, I still would have rather not known the full scope of Marvel's plans, but it's a good list. Black Panther should be topflight (it has to be), but the one I'm looking forward to most is Doctor Strange.

At least until they officially announce that he's not actually a sorcerer, but a quantum physicist.

Attila the Professor said:
Objection sustained.

It wasn't an objection, but thank you just the same, Professor. Kong will live forever now.

TheFedora

I've been hearer that Strange might focus more on dimensional travel. A good way to get the GOTG over from the next galaxy over? Anyways might be a way to have it be kind of unclear whether its science or magic he's doing.

To me, cosmic adventures in the Marvel Universe will always be lacking without Reed Richards and the Silver Surfer.

jsarino said:

How about a 3rd chance for the Hulk? *cricket* *cricket*

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:
At least until they officially announce that he's not actually a sorcerer, but a quantum physicist.

Well, they rejiggered the Asgardians to be super-super-advanced aliens as an easy sci-fi handwave for their 'magical' powers, and it worked completely fine for me. If there's some pseudo-sciencey excuse for what is still depicted like, for all intents and purposes, magic, then I'm down with it. Then again, I've never gotten uptight over midi-chlorians for similar reasons... :rolleyes:

Le Saboteur said:
It wasn't an objection, but thank you just the same, Professor. Kong will live forever now.

...until that truck rapidly speeding in my direction finally reaches me. :p

Le Saboteur

While not exactly a trailer, Marvel has released a full clip from the forthcoming Agent Carter mini-series(?). We get our first look at Dominic Cooper's return as Howard Carter and the introduction of James D'Arcy (Lt. Tom Pullings) as the original Jarvis, Stark's butler.

Oh, and, of course, the lovely Haley Atwell reprising her role as Agent Peggy Carter.

We're definitely working with a teevee budget here, but they've definitely gone to great lengths to keep the same visual look and tone of The First Avenger.

Stoo

Le Saboteur said:
Marvel's movie output has been begging for a general news & info thread for a while.
The Raven needs another superhero thread like it needs a hole in the head.:sick: (n)

Unless, of course, the banner graphic up on top there is going to be changed from Marion & Indy into Stan Lee & Walt Disney.:rolleyes:

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
The Raven needs another superhero thread like it needs a hole in the head.:sick: (n)

You can delete every single superhero thread at the exact same time every single thread on Star Wars gets excised from this forum. That will never happen though, 'cause this place can be quite predictable in its interests.

In the meantime, I get to talk about the lovely Haley Atwell's full-fledged return to the small screen as Agent Carter!

There's about a week until the mini-series debuts, but, man, they've really captured the look of The First Avenger. I expect big things with the Russo Brothers and Joe Johnston coming back to direct. Plus, they got Dominic Cooper to reprise his turn as Howard Stark, and are introducing James D'Arcy (Master & Commander) as the original, flesh-and-blood Jarvis. Hopefully the entire Howling Commandos make more than a cameo as well.

Dig the poster!

agent-carter_612x816.jpg

Anybody else suddenly humming this?

This one's pretty sweet too.

agent-carter.jpg

Agent Carter Synopsis said:
It's 1946 and peace has dealt Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field, putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers ? a.k.a. Captain America. When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, "Captain America: The First Avenger?) finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy -- the only person he can trust -- to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D'Arcy), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for selling these weapons of mass destruction. If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison ? or worse.

Dr. Jones is about to get schooled in Hollywood spycraft by a girl.

curmudgeon

Marvel has fun with the 16-second "teaser for a trailer" format with this "tiny" look at Ant-Man.

The teaser trailer airs during the premiere of Agent Carter next Tuesday.

Maenwhile, the next new trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron is airing during the College Football Championship Whatever on ESPN on Monday the 12th.

Ant-man trailer: more tired jokes about companies/screenwriters being embarrassed by their property's name?

We get it, we all get it. We've stuffed money into the pig over and over thus far, yet here we go again. For all they do that is right, Marvel could always tone down their brand of "comedy" a degree or two.

TheFedora

Duaner said:
Did anyone watch Agent Carter last night and have any opinions of it?

I personally liked the episodes of Agent Carter that we got to see. It seems they are really dedicated to making it a period piece and their time and dedication really shows. Too bad, its only a miniseries.