Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Coming July 22, 2018. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard signed. We'll have an idea in 2017 by the filming locations where they're going with it. Writer Colin Trevorrow says:
"What if this went open source? It's almost like InGen is Mac, but what if PC gets their hands on it? What if there are 15 different entities around the world who can make a dinosaur?"

Dr. Gonzo

Túrin Turambar said:
It was pathetic zero charm of the original

It (Jurassic World 2) was?

How can you have already seen and have an opinion on a film that hasn't even been filmed yet?

Oh wait I forgot Indiana Jones 5 is gonna be great :rolleyes:

TheFedora

Im down. and on a Jurassic Park forum im a member on (and on twitter) im laying bets that this movie will be called "Jurassic War" or something similar.

IndyBuff

curmudgeon said:
It's now being reported that Jeff Goldblum is will be back as Ian Malcolm.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-997569?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Everyone loved him in the original but I felt his character didn't work in The Lost World, though to be fair that entire film is pretty much a mess. The novel wasn't perfect either but it was far better than the film and Malcolm at least came off as a bit more natural in that one. Hopefully they're able to do him justice this time around.

JasonMa

IndyBuff said:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Everyone loved him in the original but I felt his character didn't work in The Lost World, though to be fair that entire film is pretty much a mess. The novel wasn't perfect either but it was far better than the film and Malcolm at least came off as a bit more natural in that one. Hopefully they're able to do him justice this time around.
I always thought it was funny that the sequel novel was clearly written as a basis for a sequel movie after the success of the first movie, then the second movie had almost nothing in common with the second novel.

IndyBuff

JasonMa said:
I always thought it was funny that the sequel novel was clearly written as a basis for a sequel movie after the success of the first movie, then the second movie had almost nothing in common with the second novel.

I remember Michael Crichton being pressured by Spielberg and others to write a sequel, which is something he admitted he'd never done before. Then they took most of his book and discarded it, with even Spielberg later claiming that he lost interest during the making of the film and had trouble connecting with it.

Spielberg confessed that during production he became increasingly disenchanted with the film, admitting, "I beat myself up... growing more and more impatient with myself... It made me wistful about doing a talking picture, because sometimes I got the feeling I was just making this big silent-roar movie... I found myself saying, 'Is that all there is? It's not enough for me.'"

I find that pretty reckless and irresponsible. He pushed so hard for it and then just kind of gave up in the process. Jurassic Park 3 is no masterpiece but at least it's a tight and coherent film that feels like real effort was put into it. I thought Jurassic World was great and I hope the sequel can maintain that kind of momentum.:)

Last edited:

Lambonius

JasonMa said:

The Lost World novel really is a great read though. I frankly like it better than Jurassic Park. The movie is a huge let-down though, no question.

IndyBuff

Lambonius said:
The Lost World novel really is a great read though. I frankly like it better than Jurassic Park. The movie is a huge let-down though, no question.

The novel was great, especially the second half. I'm still stunned that they left so many of those scenes out of the film. I really hope a future installment includes them, especially the scene of Sarah having to creep through the field of sleeping raptors. That part alone is worth the price of admission.

TheFedora

IndyBuff said:
The novel was great, especially the second half. I'm still stunned that they left so many of those scenes out of the film. I really hope a future installment includes them, especially the scene of Sarah having to creep through the field of sleeping raptors. That part alone is worth the price of admission.
Yeah, the TLW novel was excellent, Ive read it so many times. I hope that they really capture the feel of that in future installments. Particularly the character of Dodgson in the novel is a more compelling human antagonist then was in any of the JP films.

curmudgeon

The official title was revealed now that we're on the "one year away" mark...

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/jurassicworld?src=hash">#jurassicworld</a> <a href="https://t.co/gu19BV5Gzz">pic.twitter.com/gu19BV5Gzz</a></p>— JA Bayona (@FilmBayona) <a href="https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/877908843933519872">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Which is cool. I already thought changing the name from "Park" to "World" for the last one was a Disney World reference, so "Fallen Kingdom" seems like an even bigger allusion to the Magic Kingdom.

TheFedora

I think I like the title. It does kind of highlight how the new park got destroyed and is now...basically both new and old parks failed. The kingdom has fallen. And maybe the island may be in danger this time or something, idk.