Solo: A Star Wars Story

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Josh Trank was allegedly fired for allegedly being tranked on the set of Fantastic Four.

Now Christopher Miller and Phil Lord are taking over.

Give their show Last Man on Earth a look, it's
part space and part western too.

Pale Horse

Staff member
featofstrength said:
Star Wars is already enough of a "space western." And would be more so if they stuck with Luke Skywalker as the lone Jedi.

Or maybe even a Lonestar Jedi!

AndyLGR

If they get the casting right then Han Solo had the potential to be in more than one anthology film , much like Indy IMO.

Duaner

AndyLGR said:
If they get the casting right then Han Solo had the potential to be in more than one anthology film , much like Indy IMO.

It certainly has that potential. I really hope they don't make the mistake of trying to cram Han's whole backstory into one 2 hour movie. Han and Chewie's adventures spanned 10-15 years, so I hope they just focus on one adventure at a time. I always loved the old Brian Daley Han Solo novels. They should use those for inspiration. Also, I really don't want to see Han as a little kid. The film should just introduce him as the smuggler we all know and love and take off from there.

Raiders90

Finn said:
My thoughts exactly when I saw the above sentiments. Unknowns are exactly that, unknowns. They're not good nor garbage before shown their work. Way the jump the gun, gang.

"Sir, the possibility of successfully creating a hit with a rookie director is approximately 3,720 to 1!"

Weren't George and Steven rookie unknowns who were given a shot?

Raiders90

Duaner said:
It certainly has that potential. I really hope they don't make the mistake of trying to cram Han's whole backstory into one 2 hour movie. Han and Chewie's adventures spanned 10-15 years, so I hope they just focus on one adventure at a time. I always loved the old Brian Daley Han Solo novels. They should use those for inspiration. Also, I really don't want to see Han as a little kid. The film should just introduce him as the smuggler we all know and love and take off from there.

The first Han Solo film starts with Han being told about the Angels on the Moons of Iago by a spice pilot...This encourages him to become a spice pilot himself.

"Again it's like poetry, so that they rhyme."

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
Isn't the Han Solo Movie a Lego Movie

There's evidence floating around to support this:

lego-movie-2014-review-millennium-falcon-han-solo-c-3po-chewbacca-star-wars.jpg

Some would even go so far as to say "It's Awesome".

TheFedora

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/11/harrison-ford-is-not-involved-in-star-wars-han-solo-standalone-m/

In a universe where heroes and villains can harness supernatural abilities from the light and the dark of The Force, it is a testament to Harrison Ford's acting skills and how well his character was written that has made Han Solo one of, if not the most, popular Star Wars characters. With a Han Solo prequel film in the works, which will open May 25, 2018, LucasFilm needs to find an actor as charismatic as Ford.

However, Ford has a different perspective on the casting process. "I don't think it's about being like me," Ford told Reuters, "it's about us being like Han Solo." And will Ford offer any advice to the actor that lands the role of a young Han Solo? ""No, I'm not going to do that," Ford said.

And maybe that's a good thing because the upcoming prequel Han is in his early 20s and hasn't become cynical or hardened up like when we first met him in 1977's Star Wars. The script is being currently penned by Lawrence and JonKasdan and is being directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. "Let's make them responsible for those questions you might think to ask me because I'm not involved," Ford added.

So...Ford is saying its not about being like Ford, its about being Solo...:gun:

Grizzlor

I'd like to see Ansel or Franco, but Miles Teller is a smug little punk (I've met all three - first two are really nice guys).

Lambonius

I could actually see Logan Lerman looking the part of a teenage Han, with the right hair and costume, provided he was able to get the mannerisms down. He's the only one with a similar facial shape to a young Ford. The rest just seem like there's no resemblance at all, or are too recognizable from other roles.

Duaner

The story did not list all 12. I only counted 8. Hopefully Anthony Ingruber and/or Taron Egerton are in the running still. Either is a better choice than what we have here. Miles Teller and Dave Franco are terrible choices. Scott Eastwood is an interesting choice, but of the names listed, I like Logan Lerman the best. "Fury" and "3:10 to Yuma" show that he has tremendous acting ability. But he's already been Percy Jackson. I think the actor needs to be someone who is not identified with a particular role already.

Lambonius

I forgot Lerman was Percy Jackson. Never saw those movies. I generally agree that a lesser-known would be better.

As much as I would love to see Ingruber in the role, I think it's far more likely that Disney agrees with Harrison Ford on the matter, and are looking for a talented actor that can make the role his own, rather than merely aping Ford's take on it. I would bet that they're looking for someone with some existing star power, too, though I guess they did go with lesser-knowns for the new main characters in The Force Awakens, so maybe they'll surprise us.

I don't know how you get away from fan expectation of seeing someone Ford-like in the role though. Han Solo and Ford are one and the same in most movie-goers' minds, I think.

*The article does indeed say that those actors are "among the names," so we're not seeing the complete list.

Duaner

Lambonius said:
I forgot Lerman was Percy Jackson. Never saw those movies. I generally agree that a lesser-known would be better.

As much as I would love to see Ingruber in the role, I think it's far more likely that Disney agrees with Harrison Ford on the matter, and are looking for a talented actor that can make the role his own, rather than merely aping Ford's take on it. I would bet that they're looking for someone with some existing star power, too, though I guess they did go with lesser-knowns for the new main characters in The Force Awakens, so maybe they'll surprise us.

I don't know how you get away from fan expectation of seeing someone Ford-like in the role though. Han Solo and Ford are one and the same in most movie-goers' minds, I think.

*The article does indeed say that those actors are "among the names," so we're not seeing the complete list.

I never watched the Percy Jackson films either and they never really have reached the status of films like the Harry Potter ones. So I think a lot of people overlook and forget about them. So maybe Lerman could still work.

I am hoping though that maybe the four or so unnamed actors still on the list are actually the frontrunners and there is some "perfect choice" among them.

Of course, even if they cast some guy like Teller who I cannot stand, who am I kidding? I will still be there opening night to see the film!