new Indy Answer from Hasbro

Shemp

Sounds cool enough! The relics sound very interesting. It's a shame we won't know what relics come with what figures, I guess we'll have to find that out on our own :whip: !

masterJ

Hey Indy_skin, I revised my last a question a bit to see if these are at least on the radar for possible future waves:
- Have you considered the opening scene in the Temple of Doom, for a possible 2009 wave? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would fit in great with this fantastic line!

Also have a new one:
So you mentioned in a previous Q&A that a Henry Sr figure is on the way, could that mean we could possibly see the motorcycle with sidecar for indy and his dad in the future?

ChromiumBlue37

Hi Inky_Skin.

Could you please ask Hasbro if they would consider creating large vehicles, (the flying Wing and Dessert Tank), more to scale with the figures in a $40 price point?

Hasbro is convinced that they are offering the fans and kids a deal by only offering vehicles that are small enough to sell for $19.99. At least with a $40 price tag, we could get decently-scaled vehicles, instead of mini-rig versions.

I've looked on eBay and people are trying to sell the new stuff that they don't even have for two times the list price. I hope no one is really buying that stuff.

The_Raiders

Edward The Head said:
I've looked on eBay and people are trying to sell the new stuff that they don't even have for two times the list price. I hope no one is really buying that stuff.

Yeah I've seen all that stuff too, I'm not bidding on any of it. I'm just gonna wait for May.

Arab Swordsman

indy410 said:
LOOK ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:whip: :gun: :sleep: :hat: (n) (y) :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D :) ;) :( :confused: :sick: :eek: :dead:

SHUT IT DOWN!

ramsay.jpg

inky_skin

Hey guys - if you have further Q's for Hasbro, please submit them to askhasbro@theprivateuniverse.net (due today, then again in a fortnight etc), as I'm dropping off the site here until the new movie opens (I want to avoid any possible further spoliers). In the meantime - enjoy the ride !

Crayfish

I keep trying to email that address but it keeps coming back to me so if a kind forum memebr can try and send this I would be greatly appreciated. This was my question and email to them:

Hello Inky skin,

Could you please ask Hasbro:

"Will Hasbro be enforcing a 'definitive' release of the toys on May 1st like they did with the Star Wars line (meaning the toys WILL DEFINATELY be on the shelves of all major retail stores on that day) or will it be something more of the lines of Iron Man where the toys will just not be allowed to be stocked before that day and will 'trickle out' shortly after. This is something that a lot of fans and collectors want to know so to either plan on unofficial 'toy release parties' or whether it will be hit or miss searching stores on 5/1/08. I know I, as well as quite a few others, are hoping for something closer to a Star Wars movie release."

Thanks

Last edited:

IrishJedi

Crayfish said:
Could you please ask Hasbro:

"Will Hasbro be enforcing a 'definitive' release of the toys on May 1st like they did with the Star Wars line (meaning the toys WILL DEFINATELY be on the shelves of all major retail stores on that day) or will it be something more of the lines of Iron Man where the toys will just not be allowed to be stocked before that day and will 'trickle out' shortly after. This is something that a lot of fans and collectors want to know so to either plan on unofficial 'toy release parties' or whether it will be hit or miss searching stores on 5/1/08. I know I, as well as quite a few others, are hoping for something closer to a Star Wars movie release."

Thanks

They should organize "Midnight Madness" events at Toys R Us stores.

ChromiumBlue37

Unfortunately, the fan base that warranted Star Wars Midnight Madness events just is not as high as that for Indiana Jones.
Hasbro stated months ago that there would not such events taking place at retailers.

I really think everyone on these boards will be surprised. There will be enough of the figures and toys to go around until the movie hits on May 22. Then the general public, (parents/kids) will start feasting.

Billy Ray

From Jedidefender's Hasbro Q&A:

3. A few questions on the Deluxe Map Room Indy with Ark set. Why no poles (or even rings for poles) on the Ark? Will there be another Ark released later with the rings and poles? And where?s the Staff of Ra? Will there be a single-carded Map Room Indy released on down the line, with the Staff of Ra included?

** The Deluxe pack is a bit of a hybrid but one we felt we needed to get out early since both this version of Indy and the Ark are so important. It was added later, so that is why the staff is in with the Belloq in Ceremonial disguise basic figure. The rings and poles weren't in the scope for this one, but could be a possibility down the road.

Ummm....what? Belloq doesn't come with the staff of Ra! The rings and poles "weren't in the scope"? I'm not even sure what that means. Ah well, I dig it as is, but it would have been perfect with both the staff and the rings/poles.

ChromiumBlue37

Yeah - sometimes I wonder if the folks at Hasbro even know the basis for the toys the are creating.

There is no reason that Ceremonial Belloq was not the deluxe figure packed with the Ark. The Indy in Desert disguise was horribly executed. It's a great figure, but it should have included the Staff of Ra and a Map Room Base. The vintage base could have been duplicated easily, (lost Kenner templates or not), and packed in flat behind the figure in the Deluxe-sized bubble.