TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #26
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Dear patrons of The Raven,
this is going to sound really strange and I am not quite sure I believe it myself but i drove by downey studios a few days ago after dropping my girlfriend off. I was on lakewood blvd and drove all the way down the front of the studios. i made the first right turn i could make closest to the studios and i was in kind of an alley between a strip mall located next to the studio and the studio itself. i am not lying to you when i tell you i saw torn down walls and pieces of set that were aztec temple in nature. i want to share the cell phone photos with you but i dont know how to add a picture. if some one could tell me how ill do it.

i had some questions though...

was downey being used at all for aztec stuff because i thought they were using it for the raiders werehouse?
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #27
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Dear patrons of The Raven,
this is going to sound really strange and I am not quite sure I believe it myself but i drove by downey studios a few days ago after dropping my girlfriend off. I was on lakewood blvd and drove all the way down the front of the studios. i made the first right turn i could make closest to the studios and i was in kind of an alley between a strip mall located next to the studio and the studio itself. i am not lying to you when i tell you i saw torn down walls and pieces of set that were aztec temple in nature. i want to share the cell phone photos with you but i dont know how to add a picture. if some one could tell me how ill do it.

i had some questions though...

was downey being used at all for aztec stuff because i thought they were using it for the raiders werehouse?

No one knows what the hell it was being used for...

...as for uploading photos... Go to ImageShack.Us and upload them there. Paste the link it gives you on the forum.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #28
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

DrGonzo is probably legit. I went to the same exact location (a couple months ago) - the alley between Best Buy and Downey Studios. I was only able to see actor/crew trailers and a boat under construction in front.

And I'm sure Downey Studios was used for more than one setting.

Dr.Gonzo: you can also try using imagevenue to upload photos.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 AM   #29
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Dr.Gonzo: you can also try using imagevenue to upload photos.
... or photobucket.com!!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #30
arkfinder
IndyFan

I agree nothing too spoilish about the pic.'s. There still cool. But, I'd like a little more info on them.
arkfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #31
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkfinder
I agree nothing too spoilish about the pic.'s. There still cool. But, I'd like a little more info on them.

Did you at all read the topic?

They are not from Indy 4.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Patrons of the raven,

this is one of the pictures that i took on my cell phone in the alley between that strip mall and downey studios. these are torn down pieces that were loaded into the back of a big truck. the other picture i took is in the "filming at downey studios" thread. the only question i have to ask myself before getting excited for taking a genuine indy 4 set picture is, does anybody know if another movie was being filmed at downey studios at the same time with aztec like sets? i know in the past that some sets have been mistaken for indy 4 sets but they were really for national treasure 2. are we sure that only the genre project was filming there? if the answer to that is yes, then i am proud to say i have taken a genuine indy 4 set picture and here it is for you guys to view.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #33
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

the picture in the "filming at downey studios" thread is closer and a little clearer.

what do you guys think?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #34
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
Did you at all read the topic?

They are not from Indy 4.

The "spoilerish set photos" that sparked this thread are not from Indy 4. But these new ones probably are--they are not the same thing.

From all I've read Indy pretty much took over Downey, and built several huge sets there, because they needed that kind of enormous space. So it seems very unlikely that another Aztec movie was being filmed in the back corner or something.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #35
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by commontone
The "spoilerish set photos" that sparked this thread are not from Indy 4. But these new ones probably are--they are not the same thing.

From all I've read Indy pretty much took over Downey, and built several huge sets there, because they needed that kind of enormous space. So it seems very unlikely that another Aztec movie was being filmed in the back corner or something.

And did you read the topic? My response was in reference to the first group of photos--it was after all posted before the second lot even surfaced.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #36
commontone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
And did you read the topic? My response was in reference to the first group of photos--it was after all posted before the second lot even surfaced.

Ah, you were responding to Arkfinder's late comment about the NT2 stuff, gotcha.
commontone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #37
Ska
IndyFan

OK so we thought this was probably from National Treasure 2...and since said movie has been released, we now 100% know it to be true (at least I think).

***SPOILER WARNING (for National Treasure 2)***

This set was used in the lost city under Mt. Rushmore. It was the room under the gold pyramid where the water drained out...and Gates and Mitch had to turn the lever to open the door to allow Ben's parents, Riley, and Abigail out.

The pictures posted on page 1 of this thread look very similar to the room mentioned above. Can anyone else confirm this?
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #38
Dr. HenryJones.jr
IndyFan

ah, no Indy set anymore, but in the Hawaii shooting sets... very other.

National Treasure 2, I have saw the movie, it is good movie and this photo is from water scene!
Dr. HenryJones.jr is offline   Reply With Quote