This ought to even up the odds...

monkey

Canyon,
Please don't apologize. It truly was a great read. You could have posted it as an essay.

Johnny'99

intergamer said:
maybe IJ4 won't be as good as the OT
But, would you prefer to never have these movies made?

That's exactly the way I feel!

When the movie comes out, I bet some people are gonna be saying that the original trilogy was much better, that Ford was really too old to do Indy, etc etc. The thing is, I don't care what everyone else will say, specially the usual lot of whiners (there's always those guys)!

I know I will probably love the movie, regardless of whether it's gonna be up to its predecessors or not. I will love it simply because it's gonna be a new Indiana Jones adventure, something I've dreamed of ever since I can remember! I think we all ought to be grateful for the trio for having the guts to get back to Indy one more time. If you don't like it, too bad, you probably missed your last chance to enjoy a new IJ movie.

Of course, I'm not exactly saying I will love whatever they come up with. I just believe, as some here, that Ford, Spielberg and Lucas are aware of the special movie they're making. Hell, that's why it's taking them so long to finish the script! I know they're gonna do their best, and that should be enough for me.

As long as we keep Lucas away from his computers... :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Re: This is WAR!!! (that was unnessecary)

sorry, I don't want to get in this arguement, but the above is just a dumb post...

Seriously, we are both on an Indiana Jones chat room

actually, this is a Message Board (aka Forum)

Actually, that was pretty funny what you wrote. I do however feel you may be a little insecure.

I know ren, and you couldn't be more wrong........

Being cofident as I am, I think you are quite witty and probably a little obsessed with Lucas. Is it the beard or the thought of him sweating, shirtless that does it for you?

that's kinda funny, because you seem 10 times more like what you discribed then renderking fisk

I was kidding about the quiz you shmuck.

dude? is this the first non-sarcastic thing in this discussion........so was Ren!

You need to take off the fedora, wipe the blotch marks off your Lucas autographed photo and get yourself a clue. Play with your crayons..."silly"

you know someone is running out of Ideas is they use the 'sarcastic child' routine to someone who just did the 'sarcastic child' routine to them...

sorry, just had to enter that one........

I think we've had enough of this discussion, now let's kiss and make up....er, uh....shake hands and such....

Johnny'99

Now come on, guys... There's never any good in that kind of argument. Can't you just be nice and accept other people's opinions, or at least refrain from name-calling when you disagree with them? I'm sure both of you will agree with me when I say this argument will lead nowhere (it never does).

This thread has been great so far, please don't ruin it.

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread.

00Kevin

Indyfan
oh, look at the little newbie.....j/k

again, enuogh of this mess, let's get back to the usual....

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread.

bwahahahaha! that's a good line

00Kevin

Indyfan
temple of john said:
00Kevin,
I'm having a ittle fun with the guy. He doesn't need you to hold his hand. Don't take all of it so seriously. I'm kidding around. It's the drama I love to see. Really man, relax. Childish humor is fun sometimes when you rarely get a chance to regress to being 8 and on a playground. I'm actually curious to see what he says because I find his humor quite amusing. Just yanking his chain a little.

(sarcasm)ya, whatever(/sarcasm)

oh, and in case I forgot........Welcome to the Raven, where Paths Cross

Attila the Professor

Staff member
temple of john said:
00Kevin said:
temple of john said:
00Kevin,
I'm having a ittle fun with the guy. He doesn't need you to hold his hand. Don't take all of it so seriously. I'm kidding around. It's the drama I love to see. Really man, relax. Childish humor is fun sometimes when you rarely get a chance to regress to being 8 and on a playground. I'm actually curious to see what he says because I find his humor quite amusing. Just yanking his chain a little.

(sarcasm)ya, whatever(/sarcasm)

oh, and in case I forgot........Welcome to the Raven, where Paths Cross

And...that means what exactly?

That should be fairly obvious, but okay...

"Oh" - a thought occurs to Kevin

"and in case I forgot" - Kevin remembers something he usually does for new members

"........" - typical way of expressing thought/pause on the internet

"Welcome" - typical greeting for people new to a place

"to the Raven" - prepositional phrase indicating where something is

"where paths cross" - additional phrase describing the Raven; it refers to the fact that a bunch of different sorts of people meet here to talk

That help, my friend?

Please, temple, you're insulting us, and you're embarrassing yourself. And also, if you don't want this sort of incident to happen again, play your games with people other than Ren, Kev, and I.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Still having fun, you ol' masochist, you?

Temple?

Temple o' John?

Masochist, it's someone who gets pleasure out of pain.

Okay John...that is your name isn't it? You seem like you might be the type to worship themself. Narcissist? Or just typical, regular Joe selfishness?

Still enjoying this?

Canyon

monkey said:
Canyon,Please don't apologize. It truly was a great read. You could have posted it as an essay.

Aww, Monkey. Thanks. I'm very touched by your words

To: Some of You, guys. Calm down! I merely began this post as a way of stating how I feel...it is fun to read, though. :D Oh and Temple of John, if you pick on Fisk, he'll defend himself (and I'm defending him because he's an absolute sweetie!!!)

monkey

'And now for something completely different...'

This has been very entertaining.

Both of you guys come up with some great lines. You're both very clever writers. I wish I could write comedy so well.

But can we move this to a different thread, and re-post Canyon's great opening post. That way we can pick up what was a very interesting discussion.

Venture

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ren, Attila, it's times like these I sit back and applaud you both. Of course, when I applaud a computer screen, my wife looks at me like I just sprouted antennae out of my forehead. Not the razzing, just the wit behind it...

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
Canyon? you?re just saying that because I think your guy is the second luckiest man I know, I love your writing, and that you know that I feel you embody the elegance of Audrey Hepburn and the spunk of Karen Allen.

By the way? why don?t you ask Aaron to print your article on TIE?

Wow Fisk, I'm honoured! :D

I would just like to say that you guys have now inspired me to <big>write an essay for The Indy Experince about this very same subject!!!</big>

monkey said:
But can we move this to a different thread, and re-post Canyon's great opening post. That way we can pick up what was a very interesting discussion.

Thank you very much Monkey! Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated! :D:D:D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Cain said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ren, Attila, it's times like these I sit back and applaud you both. Of course, when I applaud a computer screen, my wife looks at me like I just sprouted antennae out of my forehead. Not the razzing, just the wit behind it...

Thanks Cain, I appreciate that. I'm sure Kevin doesn't not being mentioned and all, but... ;)

Monkey is right though...we didn't quite get out of hand with the jibes, but it was off-topic. We've had our fun. And if I know Ren, you'll have an opportunity to see some more of this stuff. ;)

00Kevin

Indyfan
It is amusing that you guys just spent oodles of time attempting to rip me. Who cares anymore?

You Obviously care because you posted a whole bloody article here trying to fight back.....

I was having a little fun with you, Renderking Fisk. You obviouslt take things a little too much to heart. Relax stud.

OH MAN! LOL! DO you even read your own posts befor posting them? or do you just type random words

Not only you and your little clan of little people.

uh oh, the 'Clan' of Ren, beware citizens

[quoute]Also, some of your comments are obviously meant at no other point but to some how be injurious to my character. Who cares.[/quote]

what's with all the who cares? Are you really fooling yourself that much...or are you trying to fool our 'clan'

Frankly, I enjoy the opinions of most of the people on this site. Be thankful that your probably in some basement in Boise. Share your opinions with me in the future but don't make it personal.

again...do you...aww forget it

By the way jag-off, I am pretty succesful with a beautiful girlfriend who I usually don't forsake for a website. When I start replying 4 or 5 times a day for 6 months straight, then maybe I'll need a life.
I hope to enjoy your commentary in the future and not your self-promoting. Also, the name Temple-of-john is an inside joke between myself and a friend. My personality is not condusive to narcissism. Know what your talking about meathead. What a jag-off! [/B]

man, you are quite clever, you use the same 3 arguements and 4 taunts again....and again......and again.....

Beware of the Evil Clan! :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'm not prepared to take issue with everything temple of john said here, mainly because I don't feel like it. However, we are not a clan, and nor did we spend oodles of time on our responses.

monkey

Well, I was going to try to stay out of this but I just have to comment.

I kind of hate to see this stuff on the Raven. This is a fun place to come to and discuss some great topics that center around the great character of Indiana Jones, films and film making, fiction and literature, etc. etc.

I hate to see the kind of animosity that's being expressed by all parties here.

Heck, people are even being criticised for how much time they spend on the Raven. That's kind of illogical.

Am I a loser, or a geek because I come here? Shoot, I've got over a thousand posts, I must be a total loser.

I don't think so. And I don't think it has anything to do with your success with the opposite sex either.

Come on guys, shake hands and let's forget about it.

Let's move on.

bob

I agree with Monkey (Well mostly)

I think that we should always try to stay vaguely on topic

Finn

Staff member
<small>Yeah, especially 'cos the all-seeing mod happens to be the bastard he is...</small>

Canyon

Woah, this thread has it all. Interesting ideas, the cool, funny comments from Fisk, Temple, Kevin et all. You guys are hilarious! :)

Staying back on topic though, I'm currently typing up other comments and stuff to go with my new article, and I wanna thank everyone for their positive comments, enthusiasm and inspiration! :D

Keep an eye out for it on The Indy Experience... ;)

Canyon

Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
You're just sucking up cause you want to be in our clan! You've been in from the get-go.

Clan? Clan! I wasn't aware that there was a clan as such.

Oh, BTW, Canyon never sucks up! :mad:

<small> and you might want to check out my reply on the
'Renderking Fisk should mow my lawn with...A SHRUBBERY!!!!' thread</small>

Canyon disappears off into the distance...