Trilogy on Blu-Ray

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
:confused: With all due respect, digitialfreak, that doesn't make any sense.

No region is currently getting individual releases. Do you have information to the contrary?

Also, box art wouldn't be considered a "scoop?" :confused:

You seem to like to be contrary just to be that.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
No region is currently getting individual releases. Do you have information to the contrary?
No, I don't...but that wasn't my point. You wrote: "there's no reason for each film to have individual cover-art". To that, I say: Huh? Eh? What? :confused:
digitalfreaknyc said:
Also, box art wouldn't be considered a "scoop?" :confused:
If it was the actual, CONFIRMED box art then, yes, it would be something worthy!

Thus far, the "scoop" is akin to something like this:
"Hey folks, here is a crappy image of something that will be different when it becomes available to buy in a few months."
digitalfreaknyc said:
You seem to like to be contrary just to be that.
Not at all, my friend. I just like getting to the bottom of mysteries and try not to take everything at face value (like our good friend, Indy.):cool:

Henry W Jones

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZyKBTML3Mm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like it's all 4 films!!! Good stuff!!!!(y)

Stoo

Henry W Jones said:
Looks like it's all 4 films!!! Good stuff!!!!(y)
Henry W, maybe you missed it but Le Saboteur already posted this trailer exactly 3 weeks ago (post #223), on the very 1st day the Blu-ray news was announced. All 4 have been advertised since the beginning. ;)
Henry W Jones said:
I don't understand the worry about only a box set and not separates. I'm pretty sure that you will be able to buy the four film separate and as a set.
In all likelihood, the initial release will probably be only the boxed set (as digitalfreaknyc foresees) with the individuals becoming available sometime later on. Remember that the original 3 weren't available seperately on DVD until May 2008 (which was 4 and a half years after the 2003 boxed set). Anyway, only time will tell...

Henry W Jones

Stoo said:
Henry W, maybe you missed it but Le Saboteur already posted this trailer exactly 3 weeks ago (post #223), on the very 1st day the Blu-ray news was announced. All 4 have been advertised since the beginning. ;)
In all likelihood, the initial release will probably be only the boxed set (as digitalfreaknyc foresees) with the individuals becoming available sometime later on. Remember that the original 3 weren't available seperately on DVD until May 2008 (which was 4 and a half years after the 2003 boxed set). Anyway, only time will tell...

I did miss that post. So why all the speculation if all 4 films will be in the set? Also I have never looked into buying them separately since they have been in a set so I had no idea they were not available separately at one time. Interesting. Thanks for the info Stoo :hat:

indyclone25

Henry W Jones said:
I did miss that post. So why all the speculation if all 4 films will be in the set? Also I have never looked into buying them separately since they have been in a set so I had no idea they were not available separately at one time. Interesting. Thanks for the info Stoo :hat:
yeah when they first released the set of dvd's in 2003 they released the indiviual movies as "special editions'' in 2008 , each with the kotcs trailer and special little documentaries about different things . but with kotcs being out on blu ray already , it would kinda **** some people off that they would get another copy , but in this day in age where you can sell back movies to different stores ( i think best buy takes back movies to give you discounts on newer movies ) so check it out .:D

Henry W Jones

indyclone25 said:
yeah when they first released the set of dvd's in 2003 they released the indiviual movies as "special editions'' in 2008 , each with the kotcs trailer and special little documentaries about different things . but with kotcs being out on blu ray already , it would kinda **** some people off that they would get another copy , but in this day in age where you can sell back movies to different stores ( i think best buy takes back movies to give you discounts on newer movies ) so check it out .:D

I bought KOTCS on DVD so I will not have a duplicate on Blu ray. But I would buy it again if I had it on Blu ray already just to get a nice and tidy 4 pack of all the films.

The Drifter

Henry W Jones said:
I bought KOTCS on DVD so I will not have a duplicate on Blu ray. But I would buy it again if I had it on Blu ray already just to get a nice and tidy 4 pack of all the films.

This was the reason why I held out on the KotCS Blu-ray, and just bought the dvd. I knew one day that all of them would be released in a nice set for Blue-ray.

Henry W Jones

The Drifter said:
This was the reason why I held out on the KotCS Blu-ray, and just bought the dvd. I knew one day that all of them would be released in a nice set for Blue-ray.

Exactly. Plus I needed all 4 on DVD too. Right? Now if they only made a VHS of KOTCS. J/K :D

ROB98374

Stoo said:
Anyway, when I buy the new set, I'll have 3 copies of "Crystal Skull" on Blu-ray!:eek:

I have the Steel Book, the Target exclusive book set, the Best Buy pack w/Sideshow Crystal Skull, the 4 movie DVD pack w/fedora, the 2 disc special edition, and the single disc version.
I think that's it...
And I will still buy the 4 pack on Blu-ray.

Henry W Jones

ROB98374 said:
I have the Steel Book, the Target exclusive book set, the Best Buy pack w/Sideshow Crystal Skull, the 4 movie DVD pack w/fedora, the 2 disc special edition, and the single disc version.
I think that's it...

No wonder it was so hard to find a copy in WA. ;)

ROB98374 said:
I think that's it...

Fans like you are funding extension work on George Lucas' 15th neck.

indyclone25

i mean i will buy the set if it is sold as a set , , it's not like i haven't bought all the different vhs , dvd and bluray version of the star wars films ? oh yeah i also have the laser disc of the trilogy. :eek:

michael

No deleted scenes = No purchase from me for a while!

I hope they get some commentary on these too.

I hope they understand that Indy V has a very slim chance of happening and that will make them go ALL OUT on these blu-rays.

The Drifter

michael said:
No deleted scenes = No purchase from me for a while!

I hope they get some commentary on these too.

I hope they understand that Indy V has a very slim chance of happening and that will make them go ALL OUT on these blu-rays.

I want commentary more than anything. Would LOVE if Ford, Steve, George, Karen, and the rest done commentary. It's a shame that Denholm can't do it, because I would love to have heard him on there most of all.

Crack that whip

Steven Spielberg just doesn't do commentary tracks. George Lucas does, and perhaps he'd do them for Indy discs (though he hasn't yet), but I don't think Steven ever will.

I wonder whether this set will include all the extras from the existing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Blu-ray, or whether there'll reason to get / keep that release alongside this new set...

Edit: Just noticed something I said earlier...

Crack that whip said:
(Hm. Now that it's been nearly five years already [!!!] since we finally got a fourth movie, and most new releases and developments dealing with the Indy series have been addressing all four movies together for most of that time

Gahhh - I think I meant to say "four years," not five. Oops. :eek:

michael

Temple of Doom with the 3 heros in a commentary track.

Last Crusade with a Ford and Connery commentary track warms my soul.

One can dream can't he?

Dr. Gonzo

Edward The Head said:
Brings a tear to my eye knowing I'll never have to buy them again.

In 10 to 20 years you will. 4k cinema red-ray. They already exist. No joke.

They're just waiting for consumers to catch up. We're almost at a point where everyone has an HD tv.
The next step is 4k or 5k televisions...