Ancient aliens

Stoo

Gear said:
I'm not saying Mr. Tsoukalos IS right (and I still don't get the hair and beard thing), but when I look over this thread, I just mainly see a bunch of squares happily dwelling within the box. Remember, DON'T STRAY FROM THE HEARD! :rolleyes:
Personally, I try to have an open mind towards the subject but the main proponent of this thread, Matt deMille, didn't do a very good job of supporting his arguments. (As for Giorgio, he makes ancient alien connections everywhere & ANYWHERE!:eek:)

Gear, what is your take on the Dogon tribe and their knowledge of the Sirius star system?
Montana Smith said:
Nope. I can't spot the difference. You'll have to point out the Collider. :confused:
The Hadron Collider is the image on the right.:p
Gabeed said:
Oh, look! I found this random image on Google Image search! Clearly the ancient Mesoamericans knew from their alien masters that someday some CEOs would be bored to death by physical data security policy graphs during Powerpoint presentations . . .
"Is it coincidence? I think not.":D
IndianaJones said:
I caught Giorgio A. Tsoukalos lecture last weekend at X-Con 2012. It was entertaining.
Entertaining in a fascinating way or in a comedic way? What did he talk about?

Gabeed

Gear said:
I'm not saying Mr. Tsoukalos IS right (and I still don't get the hair and beard thing), but when I look over this thread, I just mainly see a bunch of squares happily dwelling within the box. Remember, DON'T STRAY FROM THE HEARD! :rolleyes:

If the "box" is "logic and common sense," then goddamn right I'm a happy square in the "HEARD." :hat:

lndianaJones

"Entertaining in a fascinating way or in a comedic way? What did he talk about?" from Stoo.

Both... He did a Q&A style lecture. The first question was "If aliens had multiple hearts do you think they would be more compassionate" I thought Giorgio's head was going to explode. Most of the rest seemed a lot like his shtick from the TV show. I must admit I am a skeptic. Mr. Tsoulkalos is convinced and also very convincing.

Gear

Stoo said:
Gear, what is your take on the Dogon tribe and their knowledge of the Sirius star system?

Sorry to keep you in suspense for such a boring answer, but I don't know enough about the Dogon to really have an opinion. So, in other words; aliens.

But seriously now, the Dogons' accounts DO correlate with other 'primitive' tribes around the world. Some Native American tribes have stories of 'star beings' visiting them and sharing knowledge, as do some tribes native to Australia, for starts. Of course, this doesn't definitively mean any one thing, but, well, I don't much believe in coincidence.

Stoo said:
(As for Giorgio, he makes ancient alien connections everywhere & ANYWHERE!:eek:)

Have you seen the recent Ancient Aliens Thanksgiving episode of South Park? Lulz.

Montana Smith said:
Some things are just too silly to accept. The promoters of the weird and the wonderful are in it for the money, or the buzz of being controversial.

I think that's a bit of a narrow-minded response, I say running the risk of sounding like a rosy-eyed neo hippie. I do agree that everything should be taken with a grain of salt, and I'm not standing in line to pay $20 to listen to some guy talk for an hour about aliens being the baby daddy, but many things that sounded silly yesterday don't seem so today.

Gabeed said:
If the "box" is "logic and common sense," then goddamn right I'm a happy square in the "HEARD."

... Interesting.

Orellana

FedoraHead said:
Is it funny of it's aliens they only helped with little stuff? I mean why not give them pens and paper to write, give them power so they can light up the homes. Why just show them how to move rocks. Give them soap, toothpaste, or drugs to fight sickness.
You're reasoning is completely logical, ditto. The aliens
probably couldn't even build spacecraft ( let alone fly it to
Earth) if all they could show early man is how to push a
rock!!

Gear

The idea isn't that any extraterrestrial beings taught humans how to move rocks around, but partially the theory that they taught these people how to align their structures with stellar ones, for specific reasons.

China Jim

Two things I would like to tell those guys on Ancient Aliens

First off I would say to them paraphrasing Sir Richard Colt Hoare "I speak from facts not theory"
Second SHUT THE HELL UP not everything our ancestors did can be attributed to little grey and green guys I think they need to watch ancient discoveries and engineering an empire to see how all those great monuments and techno stuff was done. Von Daniken and all the rest of those yahoos on that show with a few exceptions dont wish to give our ancestors any credit. I also like what Aristotle said and I quote " A likely impossibility is always preferable to a unconvincing possibilitie" I am unconvinced that ET came down and effected our development a good plot for Quatermass and the Pit but not a very viable idea about mans development I would put more faith in what Oxely said in Crystal Skull "Not extraterrestrial pandimensional to be precise. To be honest I think that if any ET or Extra Dimensional travelers would show up they would do a Jane Goodal and just watch record and never interfere but enough on that I am glad I am able to get back to the raven for a while Missed you guys :)

foreverwingnut

I've always been on the fence about the ancient alien theory. I agree with China Jim that we don't give enough credit to our ancient ancestors because recent discoveries continue to reshape our knowledge of their ingenuity. We are also constantly having to admit that man developed much earlier than previously believed. But let's not be closed minded here and at least ponder the other mysteries for which science can't even chance a guess. Sites like Puma Punco defy all logic. The stones are perfect, identical, puzzle shapes that even the most skilled stone cutter in the world admits he couldn't replicate or even attempt. The stone is of the hardest variety on earth and can only be shaped with a diamond-tipped cutter. There is a good theory that the stone walls throughout the Pacific side of South America could have been shaped by super-heating them, but there has been no evidence of any smelting factories. Only a loose legend remains that the Incas perhaps understood how to "soften stone". Sacsahuaman has a stone carving called the Great Idol that really needs to be studied further. This 24' long 20-ton stone makes an account of how our moon was created. It claims that a satelite was pulled down by the Earth's gravity and disentegrated to become the moon. Symbols record that this new moon was making 425 revolutions around the Earth annually in a year with 288 days, occuring around 2700 years ago. Astronomers are only now beginning to agree on the origin of our moon and it is surprisingly agreeable with the account on the Great Idol. Whether you believe in aliens or not, the Great Idol is awe-inspiring. The famous Piri Reis maps show a perpsective of an aerial photo directly above the pyramids. The outer land masses on these maps are oblong just as they would appear when viewing the world from the air. I agree that simply moving stones around seems to be a mute skill for aliens to teach ancient man, so I am forced to scratch my head when I try to wrap my mind around the theory that man, barely out of caves, could suddenly build these structures all over the world.

HenryJunior

THEY KNEW THE TRUTH.

images

images

:whip:

Finn

Staff member
Good catch. Apparently they're involved in the Templar conspiracy as well:

M3l0b.jpg

Scary stuff.

Stoo

A 3 hour home-made documentary called, "Ancient Aliens Debunked". The first 20 minutes tell me that the the whole thing will be well worth watching. Exposing von Däniken's & Tsoukalos' false claims and outright lies is marvelous. The History Channel should show this instead!

Thanks so much for the link, Gabeed!:hat:

Agreed!

Had this running in the background for the past few hours and its what they should have had Indiana Jones do throughout Crystal Skull.

A great link, thanks...probably watch it a few times, (and show it to my children!).

The "History" Channel...yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Gabeed

One of things I often wonder about is whether guys like Von Daniken and Tsoukalos are snake oil salesmen, insane, zealots, or some odd mix of the three. As said in the first portion of that video, Puma Punku is described on the History Channel as being made of granite and/or diorite and thus could be "only cut by diamonds," something that is disputed and disproved with a cursory look online. Why then are they saying this? They must have been to the site . . . are they willfully misleading us? Are they just that unprofessional when it comes to geology? Does the History Channel not do fact-checking and just let them say what they want for the the sake of getting viewers? Do they not care about the quality of what they present, and the implicit responsibilities entailed in being called "The History Channel?" And why are my fists angrily clenched right now?

Stoo

O.K., I just finished watching the whole thing and it is very well done & vastly informative. Highly recommended viewing. (I already knew about the new pyramid building theory but it was good to see more info on it.)

The 3rd hour, dealing with ancient texts, is the most interesting part for me but the final 15 minutes about the Nephilim is almost as silly as the the show it debunks. Exposing von Däniken's lies is necessary here but a portion of this segment is based more on opinion than fact. It takes the Bible too literally and presents angels as real beings/entities, or rather, ancient descriptions of angels are used as "evidence" to refute the alien theory. Pardon me, but the existence of angels is just as suspect as little, green men.

Same goes for the segment about Ezekiel's Wheels (a pet favourite of mine). For every question it answers, 10 more are raised!:eek:

For a completely unbiased desconstruction, some parts should have been left out. That said, 95% of this documentary is worth watching.

Now...what I would love to see is: "The Last 15 Minutes of Ancient Aliens Debunked" debunked!:p

Last edited:

Gabeed

I'm admittedly only 40 minutes in thus far--I'll have to let you you know what I think of it when I get to it. I actually hadn't heard of the new pyramid theory, and it is pretty intriguing.