Indiana Jones on South Park

loganbush

I think the went too far. Just from knowing 2 people that have been raped, this is disgusting. I never liked South Park anyway. Also all the complaints they had took up about 3 minutes of screen time on the movie. Indiana Jones was still Indiana Jones.

Last edited:

No Ticket

Forbidden Eye said:
Why do some people say, "The fact they're spoofing Indiana Jones proves they're fans!" Can you actually quote Matt and Trey saying they are?

South Park simply spoofs what's current. Just like Saturday Night Live simply spoofs anything(mostly in politics) that's current. Outside of those two episodes(which were made when Indiana Jones was in "mainstream news"), I'm unaware of any time South Park has spoofed Indy. Just because they've bothered to spoof Indy in their main story-line doesn't make them fans. By that account, Trey and Matt are "big fans" of Passion of the Christ and Tom Cruise. They probably just looked at anything news-worthy event and any big occurrence that happened in the past year and said, "Hey, Indiana Jones was big in the news, and it'll be a piece of cake to make fun of Indy, lets combine that with the Olympics and we've got a show!" They could've just said the same for that Raiders Special Edition episode, "Hey, there's rumor of Special Editions of Indiana Jones, lets make fun of anything "special edition" and recreate the end of that first Indiana Jones movie(what's it called again?) when they explode and replace it with Lucas and Spielberg." I'm 100% sure they didn't do it of a labor of love. If it was, they would make fun of Indy on a regular basis.

If they were truly huge Indy fans, I would've expected something smarter as a spoof. Then again, I don't believe either Trey or Matt are actually smart, but that's another story. :rolleyes:

I knew somebody would pull out the lame "OH YEAH... QUOTE THEM IF U WANNA PROVE THEY'RE FANS!!"

Look, I don't need to prove crap to you. I've been a fan of Indy, Star Wars AND South Park for a long long time. South Park since it came out in 1997 or so...

I can't and won't go look for some video/article/whatever. I've seen plenty of footage of Matt and Trey, not to mention many episodes of South Park. Trust me. They're fans. Probably not "Let's go sign up on an Indy message board and post all the time" fans, but neither was I until a year ago. But I've loved Indy since 1989.

Here's another fun thing for you to know... they're fans of anime which is why they made the episode "Good Times with Weapons" and Matt or Trey (I forget which) actually knows Japanese because he is fascinated with their culture. The whole bit was a reference to, I believe, the Street Fighter anime during the fight with the song "Let's Fighting Love."

In addition, Matt and Trey write many of the shows songs. Same for the movie. I think they're pretty talented in that field too and they have a love of show tunes and things like that... so I respect them at some level here. They can write catchy and funny tunes. I think intelligence factors in a bit when it comes to writing music.

Some people take themselves too seriously. No, rape isn't funny. But George Lucas and Steven Spielberg raping Indiana Jones (based on all the fans saying so) is. They just have a bizarre sense of humor. You can say what you like, but I don't think they're stupid. That's just their humor.

Family Guy did a funny bit on that. Where some guy was making fun of religion or something and another guy said "They can't get away with that!" And the other guy turned to him and said, "But there's nothing you can do." And he said, "Yeah, I guess I'll just have to get a sense of humor."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think TheRaider mentioned the "Free Hat" episode in 2002, but they did link to this editorial in 2003.
Which was actually more newsworthy.

Crusade>Raiders

I'm pretty sure they made the episode over-the-top to spoof people like Sankara as well. The vomiting, the rape, the crying...kinda sticks out to the fanboys who take Indy too seriously and feel deprived that they didn't get some great film.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
Yes, the "raping my childhood" complaint was stretched to the limit. Hopefully it broke.

I think the beards can take a joke. After all, Spielberg already gave Indy the S+M treatment back in 1983...
http://moedred.livejournal.com/2008/08/05/

OMG! How did you find those pics?! I heard that it was filmed, but have never seen it till now and every book I've read said that no one has the pics or the footage...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Violet Indy said:
How did you find those pics?!
In some ancient spielbergfilms forum thread, which I revived. Before the site shuttered, some foreign blog grabbed them, and I figured I'd better do the same!

Nurhachi1991

While I was watching the Phillies I saw a prievew for the new episode of family guy next week.

It had Stewie and Brian on a plane the plane gets shot Brian grabs a raft and Stewie goes

" Where not sinking were crashing AHHHHHHH in a high pitched voice"

It seems everyone is making Indy referances.

StoneTriple

Nurhachi1991 said:
While I was watching the Phillies I saw a prievew for the new episode of family guy next week.

It had Stewie and Brian on a plane the plane gets shot Brian grabs a raft and Stewie goes

" Where not sinking were crashing AHHHHHHH in a high pitched voice"

It seems everyone is making Indy referances.

I saw it too during the game. Very clever.:)

Sankara

Boy, so many pages in the worldwideweb report about this great episode... but nothing on Theraider.net or harrisonfordweb. Strange, isn't it? :confused:

I bet if say in this episode "Indy 4 was great!" we would see this news on Theraider.net or harrisonfordweb. And everybody would say "South Park is so great... very funny!"

Major West

The fact you think there should be a headline just goes to show utterly detached from reality you are. You seem to think it holds some kind of monumental importance.