Eye (Love You) Lid girl in Raiders...

Lance Quazar

There was a very early draft of "raiders" I read a long time ago where Indy is entertaining a woman in his home with Marcus arrives.

I'm very glad they cut all of that, it would have made Indy way too much like a Bond rip-off.

Indy obviously does well with the ladies, but I like to think he was home that night reading up about Egypt and the Ark before heading off on his big adventure.

muttjones

Kooshmeister said:
Yeah, Omar is a garage owner and a friend of Sallah's. It's Otto I'm curious about. :p

Are you certain? I know he can be seen behind Sallah when they close the lid to the Well of the Souls but I didn't know he was amongst the soldiers eating.

Noticed it when watching the bonus features of raiders. They show bits of the "sallah execution" scene and they show the young nazi.
Then later when I watched the film I noticed that the Nazi sitting on the end of the bench was the young nazi. I think Sallah pats him on the shoulder or he looks at them or something.

Niteshade007

Niteshade007 said:
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd add onto this one...

In Last Crusade when Indy is in his classroom, I'm fairly certain that it's Melora Hardin as an extra in the front row. Hardin is probably most famous for playing Jan Levinson on NBC's The Office, and the ghost of Adrian Monk's wife in the television show Monk. I don't know how to do screen grabs, but maybe that might help with some confirmation.

She's shown first in a pan after Indy gives his "if it's truth you're looking for..." line, and then later after Brody enters.

Um...anyone?

Stoo

FILMKRUSC said:
By headshot I mean the 8x10 the actors use to submit for jobs.
I haven't had the time to look for it.

But her name is Pola Churchill

Her website is:
http://www.polachurchill.com/pc.html

Hope that helps.
Are you sure that's the right Pola Churchill website?:confused:

Niteshade007 said:
She's shown first in a pan after Indy gives his "if it's truth you're looking for..." line, and then later after Brody enters.
The girl in question certainly looks similar to Melora but it's hard to say. Since that scene was shot in England,
I would imagine the students were local extras. According to her website and IMDB, most of M.Hardin's work
seems to have been done in the States but she's in "The Jeweller's Shop" (1989) which is a Euro film shot in Poland.
Also, '88 was her stint shooting the TV series of "Dirty Dancing"!:sick: She would have been 21ish then which looks
about right for the girl in class, so who knows? Indy Connection: Her mother was River Phoenix's acting coach.

Damn, "The Office" is funny! Different but just as hilarious and cringe-inducing as the U.K. version.(y)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Niteshade007 said:
Um...anyone?

I do know that "Jan" from The Office is the singer in The Rocketeer at the South Seas Club except she's a bruenette in that one -- knid of a long about Indy connection as dave Stevens who made the Rocketeer was a storyboard artist on Raiders!

dont know about the Last Crusade bit.......

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
knid of a long about Indy connection as dave Stevens who made the Rocketeer was a storyboard artist on Raiders!
As was "The Rocketeer's" director, too! Good 'ol Joe Johnston.(y)

Melora Hardin was also cast as Marty McFly's girlfriend but ended up being too tall after Eric Stoltz was let go.

Niteshade007

Mitchellhallock said:
I do know that "Jan" from The Office is the singer in The Rocketeer at the South Seas Club except she's a bruenette in that one -- knid of a long about Indy connection as dave Stevens who made the Rocketeer was a storyboard artist on Raiders!

dont know about the Last Crusade bit.......

I knew about her being in the Rocketeer (she also sang in a made-for-tv-movie I loved as a kid, Tower of Terror) but I didn't know the thing about the storyboards.

michael

Does anyone know the name of this actress??

Can't find it anywhere and don't have the Ultimate guide available.

and yes, I know you know what she looks like....it just completes the post.

082.jpg

harvey

michael said:
Does anyone know the name of this actress??

Can't find it anywhere and don't have the Ultimate guide available.

and yes, I know you know what she looks like....it just completes the post.

082.jpg

Blu-ray will not be kind to her complexion.

The Drifter

I do see two blackheads peeking out from the corner of her mouth. The freckles say "Hey...." but those blackheads scream "WUZ UP!!!".