Doom Town's Scene, on the media...

Kingsley

I think Doom's Town scene is pretty much the best thing Indy 4 gave us, and its influence seems to be reaching other media... even here in Argentina:

Quilmes Rock 2009 - Prueba de sonido # 1

It may have "nuked the fridge", but it caused an impression that will last longer than the swinging monkeys and the 'space between the spaces' aliens.

Last edited:

James

Ha...that's great!

I agree about Doom Town. It's the kind of escapism that would've been huge in the eighties. Now everyone just worries about the physics of it. :rolleyes:

Doomtown is certainly the most exciting part of KOTCS and the most fun part to watch. I think they should have used it as the climax of the movie!

so wah mu

Oh no! that can't be good!

Kingsley said:
I think Doom's Town scene is pretty much the best thing Indy 4 gave us, and its influence seems to be reaching other media... even here in Argentina:

Quilmes Rock 2009 - Prueba de sonido # 1

It may have "nuked the fridge", but it caused an impression that will last longer than the swinging monkeys and the 'space between the spaces' aliens.

...I second that emotion.

Did anyone see 'Fred' from 'I am Legend' performing a cameo??

Morning Bell

The Doom Town sequence was great and something totally unique to the series. Indy's reaction was priceless and it shows that resourcefulness that makes Indy part of who he is.