TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2004, 12:03 PM   #26
Onya
IndyFan

Well, he's still a kid in the series. I know very few 16/17 year olds (and whatever other ages he played) who have a true dark gruff side that you see in Raiders. I think it's something that's developed as you grow older and see more.

And at the time of the series, I felt Indy was sort of... inexperienced.
Onya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #27
LaoChe
IndyFan

In Peacocks Eye Indy gave up at the end! HE GAVE UP?!?!?!?!?!

BOGUS. PERIOD.
LaoChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #28
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by LaoChe
In Peacocks Eye Indy gave up at the end!

In Last Crusade Indy gave up at the end, too. He let the Grail go in order to save Elsa, and then himself.

In Peacock's Eye Indy realized the difference between passion and obsession. You have to evaluate the reasons you do what you do.

Indy went after the Ark and the Grail because of the significance of those finds. On the other hand, his friend Remy wanted to find the Peacock's Eye only to get rich.

Even in Temple of Doom when Indy talks about fortune and glory, he sounds more sarcastic about it than anything. It's even more ironic when you consider the theory that the gem at the beginning of Temple is the Peacock's Eye and his comments about "fortune and glory" reflect his thoughts about his old friend Remy.
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #29
QueZTone
IndyFan

after having heard all the good stories about the Peacock's Eye episode I was a bit dissapointed after having watched it. I too felt a bit unsatisfied when Indy just gave up. I don't know. Maybe it was the right thing to do, maybe it was because there wasn't any more 'time' for the episode left.

someone earlier mentioned the 'hot airballoon' ep, I definitly liked that one! The one in Africa right? Can't remember the name. But it did have a classic Indy feel. Great ep!

Anyway I just wanna see them on DVD already.

generally I liked the ones with Sean Patrick Flannery better than the ones with the young kid. What are your thoughts?
QueZTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #30
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by QueZTone
someone earlier mentioned the 'hot airballoon' ep, I definitly liked that one! The one in Africa right? Can't remember the name. But it did have a classic Indy feel. Great ep!

That was Phantom Train of Doom and it was one of the better episodes.

Quote:
Originally posted by QueZTone
generally I liked the ones with Sean Patrick Flannery better than the ones with the young kid. What are your thoughts?

I agree that SPF's Indy was more adventurous and had more action and thus was more "Indy-like." I liked the Corey Carrier episodes for a different reason. They were more dramatic and had a lot of character development.
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote