Corey Carrier and SPF = Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen

Adamwankenobi

I always thought it was interesting how Lucas showed us a pre-teen and young adult version of both Indiana Jones and Anakin Skywalker.

It would have been cool if (had the prequels been made sooner than they were) the Young Indy actors could have played Young Ani as well. :p

Flannery10

Now that you say it, Corey and Sean could have played Anakin and maybe the idea of creating Young Anakin came from that series. Very observative Adam:hat: , never thougt of it that way!

Flannery10

Sorry for betraying you, metalinvader, but I'd go with the HaydenAnakin, since Indiana Jones is, after all, only a human being and Anakin a lightsaber swinging jedi, who can use the force. Winning a fight between the two, Anakin would.

Adamwankenobi

Flannery10 said:
Sorry for betraying you, metalinvader, but I'd go with the HaydenAnakin, since Indiana Jones is, after all, only a human being and Anakin a lightsaber swinging jedi, who can use the force. Winning a fight between the two, Anakin would.

I think the resourceful young young Indy could kick young young Anakin's ass. Young Indy could possibly kick young Anakin's too, given the ease that clone troopers gun down Jedi Masters in Revenge of the Sith. (y)

metalinvader

Young,Young Indy also has a sling shot.
Didn't Alderaan get blown to bits by a single shot from Indy's sling shot?

Flannery10

Indy's Fist said:
Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christiansen could...y'know...act too.;)

They could? No, seriously, I don't think their performance was as bad as many people say it was, but neither one of them would have deserved an Oscar for their role.

NoCamels

Hayden Christiansen is really good at playing the angry angsty teen....it's just the other emotions that could use some practice. He's not that bad- wasn't Ep. 2 his first or second movie?

If Force powers are allowed, Hayden-Anakin wins. If not, Sean-Indy wins.

The really young Anakin and Indy would probably hang out, they're both fairly curious and non-violent little kids.

Adamwankenobi

Sort of related to this thread, I think I've found a SW prequel reference to YIJC.

In "Palestine, October 1917"/"Daredevils of the Desert", Ned says:

"In my mind's eye you're still the little boy that I used to terrify with tales of mummies stalking the night."

And in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Padme says:

"You'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine."

tupogirl

Adamwankenobi said:
Sort of related to this thread, I think I've found a SW prequel reference to YIJC.

"In my mind's eye you're still the little boy that I used to terrify with tales of mummies stalking the night."

:) That would be fun to go through all the SW films and all the Indy and find synchronicities/coincidences.

I think Flanery could kick Christiansen's butt though. Have you seen Boondock Saints, the scene where they fall through the ceiling? And if we throw in Powder, he had some interesting 'forcelike' powers there.

Dr Jones

Nice idea...I have to admit the more episodes of Sean's Indy I see, I can see that link between him and Hayden Christensen as Anakin in Episodes II and III.

Naive, headstrong, confused and fighting for what they believe in.

Except one is a Sith Lord, the other is an Archeology Student.

(y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Adamwankenobi said:

There's surely a lot more poetry (and, y'know, Shakespeare) in the first one, though.

Indy Smith

I had to read all of this thread. Man oh man, Ive never been a fan of a who would win what fight, but hey I had to read this. maybe they should do a delebrity death match :p

00Kevin

Indyfan
Flannery10 said:

i dunno, I think if you give lightsabers and force powers to the jedi, you have to give the ark of the covenant to the indys, in which case the jedi wouldn't stand a chance.

An army which carries the ark before it... is invincible

Adamwankenobi

Attila the Professor said:
There's surely a lot more poetry (and, y'know, Shakespeare) in the first one, though.

Of course. The first one was written by Frank Darabont. The second one was written by George Lucas, the self-proclaimed "king of wooden dialogue" (yes, I know Jonathan Hales co-wrote AOTC with Lucas, but I doubt he wrote that line).