TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
...and 5.

Genisys rewrites Terminator history yet again:

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
...and 5.

Genisys rewrites Terminator history yet again:



This movie looks utterly, completely aweful.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
Grizzlor
IndyFan
 
Grizzlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Indiana, NJ
Posts: 687
Yeah, pretty bad. Jai Courtney first off is terrible. This thing is all wrong. It's like they took T2 and shoved it face first into the T1 script. Just so many things done wrong.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
This movie looks utterly, completely aweful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlor
Yeah, pretty bad. Jai Courtney first off is terrible. This thing is all wrong. It's like they took T2 and shoved it face first into the T1 script. Just so many things done wrong.

Looks like a cash grab taking advantage of Arnie while he can still pass himself off an as action hero.

Lucas is probably taking notes for Indy 5...
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #5
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Looks like a cash grab taking advantage of Arnie while he can still pass himself off an as action hero.

Lucas is probably taking notes for Indy 5...


Indiana Jones and the Search for Gen1sys. Shia laBeouf plays a robotic son sent back in time to find a true serial adventure.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
featofstrength
IndyFan
 
featofstrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 757
scary cartoon endoskeletons!
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Henry Jones VII
IndyFan
 
Henry Jones VII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 236
this looks awful.
Henry Jones VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
HenryJunior
IndyFan
 
HenryJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CRATE#9906753
Posts: 375
Neat idea, kinda meh overall. I wouldn't say it looks that bad just from the trailer, there's some good potential but I'm not too hyped.

Not sure how good Emilia Clarke will be, but she's a passable Sarah Conner. Jai Courtney... really are you even trying? Kyle Reese is supposed to be a scrawny under dog, this guy looks like he could be the Terminator.

Matt Smith is supposed to be in here somewhere, at least they aren't giving away everything.

Positives:
No uber-bleak monotone style, even the future has some color.
No gimmicky Terminator (yet)

Severely underwhelming over all.
HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 618
Article comparing Arnold's return in Genisys to Stallonne in Rambo and Ford in Crystal Skull.

I see what they are trying to imply...that people should just recast? The general consensus seems to be that revivals are met with mixed reviews, at least from this article.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #10
Grizzlor
IndyFan
 
Grizzlor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Indiana, NJ
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Article comparing Arnold's return in Genisys to Stallonne in Rambo and Ford in Crystal Skull.

I see what they are trying to imply...that people should just recast? The general consensus seems to be that revivals are met with mixed reviews, at least from this article.

Honestly Arnold's age is not an issue for me. It's the recycling of the story that is just pointless, including his character. I've seen both Cameron films, I love them. Why would I go to theaters to see them thrown into a blender and spit back out? Same with Arnold. T-800 again? We've seen this three times already. At least Ford's Indy had a new story to work off of. Stallone's fourth Rambo was fine, but again it's Rambo, there's no script needed.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #11
curmudgeon
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlor
Honestly Arnold's age is not an issue for me. It's the recycling of the story that is just pointless, including his character. I've seen both Cameron films, I love them. Why would I go to theaters to see them thrown into a blender and spit back out? Same with Arnold. T-800 again? We've seen this three times already. At least Ford's Indy had a new story to work off of. Stallone's fourth Rambo was fine, but again it's Rambo, there's no script needed.

In due disclosure, this isn't exactly Terminator 5, its "Terminator: The Reboot Part 1" (see: here)

They're even calling the ridiculously already scheduled sequels "Terminator 2" and "Terminator 3". (Or at least until they come up with subtitles that are equally as absurd as "Genisys")

As for the trailer... I'll admit it looks much better than I expected. Still cheesy as Wisconsin and an unnecessary retread, but at least it still feels like a Terminator movie. I was worried they'd try to make it more like Transformers with the shaky cam crap and CG-destruction porn, or would over-modernize the designs to be indistinguishable from what they were supposed to be, like with the recent RoboCop.
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,829
Emilia Clarke recalls:
Quote:
Solo wasn’t the first troubled blockbuster to test Clarke’s resilience. If anything, the production of 2015’s Terminator Genisys was more chaotic. She watched frequent Thrones director Alan Taylor get “eaten and chewed up on Terminator. He was not the director I remembered. He didn’t have a good time. No one had a good time.” When the film underperformed at the box office, she was “relieved” to not have to return for any sequels. News of the rocky production traveled, and Clarke says the crew on the famously disastrous Fantastic Four, which was filming nearby, even had jackets made that read, AT LEAST WE’RE NOT ON TERMINATOR.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.