Teletubbies

Stoo

Will Smith out? Chris Rock in?

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-rock-teletubbies/
The latest report is that Chris Rock is in talks for Teletubbies. The first report came from the UK tabloid News of the World, but was later confirmed by EW and other outlets. We know nothing about what character he might play — but it’s a start.
"News of the World" just folded and went belly-up, so this report might be bogus. Just thought it was worth posting anyway. It's IMPORTANT. Indy fans NEED to know this stuff!:whip:

Stoo said:
Will Smith out? Chris Rock in?

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-rock-teletubbies/
"News of the World" just folded and went belly-up, so this report might be bogus. Just thought it was worth posting anyway. It's IMPORTANT. Indy fans NEED to know this stuff!:whip:

Stoo, you've recently been outted as the town crier who made the world aware (via the Raven) of shattering developments, all closely guarded secrets regarding the Teletubbies future block, nay BOULEVARD BUSTER!

You've also been pegged as the boss, ringleader, top dog, head honcho, the big cheese, numero uno, the Capo di tutti cappo of ruthless fluffians better known to Agents Smith and Taylor...

Not only has your blatent disreguard for the movie going public given the world (via the Raven) all the best movie news print to fit but you've made The Raven the Huffington Post...the Drudge Report of everything not Indiana Jones!(n)

WAIT!(y)

Where are we?:confused:

Beware the fallout of Macho Grande...

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Where are we?:confused:

If you find out, would you let me know, too? :confused:

A bunch of those dastardly RDG* fluffians exited stage left in such a hurry I couldn't get out the way fast enough. One of them dropped the last page of a leaked Teletubbies script.

It looks genuine, and it shows the last scene is...
Tinky Winky's funeral!

* Real Dandelion Gang

The Wiggles will be reuniting to score the soundtrack to Teletubbies The Movie!

The surviving members of The Wiggles reunited onstage at Blinky Bill Early Childhood Centre,Gowrie in May marking only the second time that Sam, Murray, Jeff, Anthony had played together in the last 10 years. They performed "Fruit Salad" as the crowd wet thier knickers and knawed on Arrowroot cookies. During the finale Captain Feathersword played a tambourine.

I'm really pleased that my children saw that said Murray. I would have thought that could be regenerated at some time. So I live in hope – but that's no reason to put it out on Twitter that 'Jeff Says Band to Re-form!'"

Rumours have it they are indeed in talks to score the upcoming Teletubbies Trilogy. They last performed together at Nipperville Kindergarten & Nursery in 2005. Wags the Dog was run over by a car in 2008.

Will Greg return?

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
It looks genuine, and it shows the last scene is...
Tinky Winky's funeral!

Unfortunately that viral marketing ploy has already been exposed as a fake:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117refCId=1443&query=teletubbies

'Teletubbies' funeral?
BBC begins preschool 'Garden'
By Steve Clarke
LONDON -- She may be nearing 70, but Anne Wood, Britain's most successful producer of TV programs for very young children, is at work on a big screen adaptation to her hit "Teletubbies."

Pitching to a slightly younger audience, "{Title Omitted}," which begins production this week in the U.K., reunites Wood with "Teletubbies" writer and composer Andy Davenport.

Rumors have swirled around the developments of this long anticipated project. We are even seeing children’s apps being developed to help promote the film across a variety of media, as well as across the pond....

..."I felt it would be great to make a really classic children's movie that was calming and allowed time for reflection," she says. "No one ever really takes the time to look back and reflect."

Statements like this smack of hype. Which is why word of a funeral as the last scene have spread so prevalently. Reportedly Davenport, who wrote the entire series, was convinced there was an opportunity to create a preschool show that deals with the idea of tots sleeping, dreaming and waking. "But not death." he reveals to us. "That's utterly false. I mean, it's like waiting for the egg to drop, it just ain't gonna happen, not in this film. Or any other"

As for a U.S. sale, PBS would be the perfect destination, following "{TITLE OF FILM OMITTED}," but Wood wonders if the Obama administration's stricture that children's shows on the big screen must demonstrate clear educational objectives might count against it, especially with the furor over Tinky Winky, the purple Teletubby, which the Sarah Palin denounced a few years ago as being gay, based on the color, triangle on its head and the fact the character carries a handbag.

The article goes on from there, but I think we get the gist. No Dead Tubbies...

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Unfortunately that viral marketing ploy has already been exposed as a fake:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117refCId=1443&query=teletubbies

The article goes on from there, but I think we get the gist. No Dead Tubbies...

Then the title on that script is also probably fake. I thought it was going to be a war movie about self-sacrifice when I caught a glimpse of the title, it was something like Saving Private Winky, or maybe Saving Winky's Privates.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Great. Now we'll get a Thread on the 'Specualtion on the Ridiculous Eventual Title'...(or Sotret):

Casalala
Dipsy goes to Washington
Dr. Tinky Winky or: How I Learned to Stop Tossing Salad and Love the Opposite Sex
The Wizard of Po
Noo-Noo, The Shazbot Orkan

Read at your own risk:

Over the hills and far away,
Teletubbies come to play ....
Time for teletubbies,
time for teletubbies,
time for teletubbies....
Tinkywinky. "Tinkywinky!"
Dipsy. "Dipsy!"
Laalaa. "Laalaa!"
Po. "Po!"
Teletubbies. "Teletubbies!"
Say, Heeeeee-lo! "Eh-oh!"
Tinkywinky. Dipsy. Laalaa. Po.
Teletubbies. "Teletubbies!"
Say Heeeeeee ......... "Uh-oh!"
"Where have the teletubbies gone ?
Where have the teletubbies gone?"

"One day, in Teletubbyland," said the Narrator, "the Teletubbies were just getting out of bed."

(The Narrator, as you will know if you watch Teletubbies on TV, has tremendous power, in that whatever he says, the Teletubbies must do. If he says "Po decided to roll down a hill" then she will do so, and when he says it's time for Tubbytoast then it is, even if it's their 2973rd helping of Tubbytoast that day.)

The Teletubbies - Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po - were just getting up. It took them a full 5 minutes before they managed to get the silver blankets off themselves and get wide awake. This was a long time, considering that a full day in Teletubbyland was approximately 30 minutes.

The Narrator spoke again. He said,"It was time for Tubbycustard."

"Tubbytustard!" shouted all of the Teletubbies at once, seemingly overjoyed at the thought of getting half a bowl of pink slop, "Tubbytustard!"

In an instant, all of the Teletubbies were lined up at the Tubbycustard Machine, each with a matching bib (except for Tinky Winky who, although he was a bluish purple in colour, had a pink one). And, since he was the biggest, he got first dibs at Tubbycustard.

On the Tubbycustard Machine were three controls - a lever, a button and a special red button.

The "Red Button" is the source of MUCH speculation...

What is Tubby Custard made from?

Will Charlton Heston's likeness be digitally licensed?

Stoo

Report From London - Casting Call For Extras?

So here I am, writing from London, England, on an overnight stop-off while traveling back home. Since London is the birthplace of the Teletubbies, it is HOLY ground and I'm feeling fuzzy all over. Fresh out of a bubble bath, I am now wearing my brand new Teletubbies slippers bought from one of the shops in Heathrow airport! They are super cute (and cozy, too).

Anyway, I picked up the "Greater London Chronicle" #262 in the hotel lobby and it has a small classified ad which reads:

---
Extras required
Extras required for film production based on popular children's programme. Mascot and/or heavy costume experience ideal. Weekly salary. To enquire please contact Penelope on 01279 816126
---

What do y'all make of that?:confused: Filming *might* be starting sooner than previously thought.(y)

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Wiggles will be reuniting to score the soundtrack to Teletubbies The Movie!
Darn, I was hoping for a reunion of The Bugaloos to do the Tubby Tunes.:(

promo2.jpg

Statements like this smack of hype. Which is why word of a funeral as the last scene have spread so prevalently. Reportedly Davenport, who wrote the entire series, was convinced there was an opportunity to create a preschool show that deals with the idea of tots sleeping, dreaming and waking. "But not death." he reveals to us. "That's utterly false. I mean, it's like waiting for the egg to drop, it just ain't gonna happen, not in this film. Or any other"
Pale, re. the GREAT article that you found: A timely quote!;)
Montana Smith said:
Then the title on that script is also probably fake. I thought it was going to be a war movie about self-sacrifice when I caught a glimpse of the title, it was something like Saving Private Winky, or maybe Saving Winky's Privates.
Bwa-ha! So then Tinky won't be winking his last wink. I was wondering if the rumoured death was going to be a set-up for a rebirth in the 2nd film of the trilogy.
Rocket Surgeon said:
The "Red Button" is the source of MUCH speculation...

What is Tubby Custard made from?

Will Charlton Heston's likeness be digitally licensed?
Nice "Soylent Green" reference.
Tubby Custard...is...Tubbies!
:eek:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Darn, I was hoping for a reunion of The Bugaloos to do the Tubby Tunes.:(

promo2.jpg

Wow, that fairy queen's a real babe. The 'tubbies could do with someone like cousin Titania in their movie, as let's face it, they aren't the best looking bunch of guys and dolls.

EDIT: just realized she was sans fairy costume in Confessions from a Holiday Camp.

Stoo said:
Pale, re. the GREAT article that you found: A timely quote!;)

That was a really lucky find. Pale does seem to have a lot of information at his fingertips. ;)

Stoo said:
Bwa-ha! So then Tinky won't be winking his last wink. I was wondering if the rumoured death was going to be a set-up for a rebirth in the 2nd film of the trilogy.

Yeah, no more Tree of Life or Fountain of Youth motifs. (n)

Stoo said:
Nice "Soylent Green" reference.
Tubby Custard...is...Tubbies!
:eek:

There could have been three sequels, making this a mighty tetralogy, a la Soylents Green, Purple, Yellow and Red.

Last edited:
Montana Smith said:
There could have been three sequels, making this a mighty tetralogy, a la Soylents Green, Purple, Yellow and Red.
Early talks had Raimi, Romero, Roth, Tom Six taking this idea into a portmanteau instead of sequels...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Early talks had Raimi, Romero, Roth, Tom Six taking this idea into a portmanteau instead of sequels...

Night of the Living Teletubbies.

Dawn of the Teletubbies.

Day of the Teletubbies.

Bedtime for Tired Teletubbies.

Montana Smith said:
Night of the Living Teletubbies.

Dawn of the Teletubbies.

Day of the Teletubbies.

Bedtime for Tired Teletubbies.
Is this the proposed chronology of shorts?

Wow the implications of Starting the story at NIGHT?!!

Makes you wish it was still on the table!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Is this the proposed chronology of shorts?

Makes you wish it was still on the table!

Shia LaHam, who's rumoured to be signed up to play a blade of grass, told 'The News of the World' that all the 'tubbies were working hard in the gym in preparation for doing a lot of their own stunts. Not only that, but they were also on a high carrot diet, which suggests that the first film will be a night shoot.

However, he hasn't be reliable in the past, and 'The News of the World' is no more.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Is this the proposed chronology of shorts?!!
That's already been done. ("Time for Teletubbies")
Rocket Surgeon said:
Whoah! "Dark Night of the Teletubbies"?:confused:
Montana Smith said:
...all the 'tubbies were working hard in the gym in preparation for doing a lot of their own stunts.
I thought the rolling-down-the-hill stunts were done by professionals.:confused:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
I thought the rolling-down-the-hill stunts were done by professionals.:confused:

They were, but the 'tubbies have come under so much criticism for being namby pamby drama queens that they're trying to create a tougher image.

No one will die in the movies, but I've heard there will be some nasty bruises and a few Chinese burns.