Marion, Willie or Elsa?

Choose, but choose wisely

• Total voters

Dr.Sartorius

Elsa's the most attractive but Marion is the best character. She's not quite a female Indiana Jones like Lara Croft but she is headstrong. Plus her history with Indy makes her story more interesting,

The bird in 'Raiders' was super hot in a timeless, spirited and classically pretty way
The bird in 'Temple' was ugly in a typically mid '80s annoying hair, make up and attitude way. Anybody else watched that interview with Spielberg on the extras disc and not wanted to punch his face in repeatedly when he smugly reveals he ended up marrying her?
The bird in 'Crusade' was alright for a blonde, but if i got anywhere near her, the mental image of her shagging Sean Connery would put the kybosh on any fun. Nazi uniform quite kinky though all the same.

I predict the bird in 'Indy IV' will be either ridiculously, comically too young for Ford (see 'Firewall' for chewing-knuckle example, or real life for that matter) or of the sameish age, in which case I'm gonna be needing a big big box of popcorn to hold my vomit. Smart money however would be on one or all of the above trilogy birds looking varying degrees worse than they did at the time. Apart from the middle bird, who just needs to keep her mouth shut and the hairspray on the shelf to be an improvement.

Finn

Staff member
Something just popped into my mind that hasn't exactly been discussed here.

Yes, we can put those women in some order and Willie certainly is the worst of the bunch in the eyes of many... but we're using our own, modern standards.

So... how attractive they would be to someone who's grown in the early 20th century? Let's use the 30s standards, not the modern ones.

"Let's use the 30s standards, not the modern ones."

Can't... none of us were around in the 30's... we don't understand what those 'standards' were...

Finn

Staff member
Ask your grandfather then. And if he's already pushing up daisies, then let someone with a yet living one answer...

Finn

Staff member
ClintonHammond said:
So you're willing to accept hearsay?
Always better than naysay, especially if nothing else is available.

ClintonHammond said:
And besides... These days, most people's Grandfathers were in Nam.... not WW1...
Mine would be in their eighties if they lived. And both fought in WW II.

And I'm still well under 25... so considering the age democraphic 'round here, we might just get lucky.

Finn

Staff member
Yes, let's admit, they're not THAT common anymore... so if someone still has one around, better hurry.

While you're at it, might as well ask your grandpa if that Mr Bronson from Grange Hill who appears in 'Crusade' really does look like Hitler.

Viper

ElsaFan said:
People, stop saying Elsa was a Nazi. She never was. She used the Nazis to get closer to the Grail, like Donovan did (although for a different purpose). It just so happened that she was Austrian, fair and blue-eyed, which of course made it easier for the Nazis to sympathize with her... I thought they made it clear in the movie that she never really was a Nazi, hence the Rallye scene where she's the only one sad and depressed. She's more of a Nazi tag-along, with a secret agenda.

'I believe in the Grail, not the Swastika.'

Just my two-cents.
+1

My great-grandfather was a Nazi, but thats just what the German army was called, much like the "doughboys." He was just a soldier, but his country's leader just happened to be messed up. He joined before Hitler went mad though, and when Hitler did go mad, he actually fled to the Swiss Confederation, which is part of the reason I aspire to go there.

1981arkfan

Marion..

I like Marion the best..she has that tomboy kinda way about her.She takes a fall and just gets up and licks her wounds..she looks like she is also hot in the sack..lol (y)

deckard24

While all 3 women are attractive in their own ways, I'm a sucker for brunettes!:D Plus Marion just had that fiesty spirit, and seemed like more fun.

XMarksTheSpot

Marion got my vote. She just has an awesome personality! Too, her and I are a lot alike when it comes to liquor consumption. Her character is just great and I love how she is the kind of woman that doesn't need a man in her life, although she isn't completely against it if the opportunity presents itself. ;)

Last edited:

Johan

Elsa's smokin! Gotta love the accent, Marion has an ashtray voice, Willie is just annoying...and the puffy hair isn't doing her any favors either (my regards to Mr. Spielberg)

NamedAfterDaDog

I put Elsa, because she is much more composed and is a bit easier to watch than the other two girls. They are great, but Elsa has my vote.
And she's hot.