TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #1001
Montana Smith
IndyFan

I breathed life into those old dogs when I found 'A Tale of Two Wastelands'.

TTW is a pretty extensive mod that unites the Capital Wasteland of Fallout 3 with New Vegas under the New Vegas engine.

You're born in Vault 101, venture out into the Wasteland, and at any time can fight your way into DC to find the train that will carry you to New Vegas.

In TTW lore 12 years pass after you begin your journey and awake as the courier in Doc Mitchell's house in Goodsprings.

You need a few other mods to maintain playability considering you character has two wastelands to explore, such as increasing the level limit to 100.

On searching for a better way to move between wastelands I found a mod that adds an animated Vertibird with a detailed interior to function as both personal transport and player home.

Two navigation screens in the cockpit allow for travel to any previously discovered location in either wasteland.

I read that some players didn't like fast travelling as it ruined the experience, and I can see that now. There's more satisfaction in first hearing, and then seeing, your personal Vertibird flying in after being hailed, climbing aboard to dump your loot, deal with your followers, take a sleep and plan your next move.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:44 AM   #1002
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Since there hasn't been a post in here in dog years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Speaking of which, how's your playthrough of The Witcher 2 coming along, Sab? Since you haven't mentioned it in a while, am I to presume it's on an indefinite backburner?

Semi-permanently shelved. I made it as far as the La Vallete brat/heir but got tired of arguing with my computer and its ability to play the game. I'll definitely need to revisit it once I upgrade it.

That said, I picked up The Witcher III: Complete Edition, and just recently made it out of the... intro/tutorial/whatever. I've spent some time in Velen trying to level up and complete a few Witcher contracts -- haven't gotten far really -- and, man, they seem to be stingy with the XP. I'm not sure exactly where I'm at, but I just received a warm welcome from this lady.

Glancing at the map, this is going to be quite the time sink. It's huge. I have some early pathfinding issues with Roach (a horse should be able to traverse certain things), and the combat is a step down from Bloodborne. That's not a complaint, though. Completely different focus. I like where this is going so far!
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 AM   #1003
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
I like where this is going so far!
You and millions of others. The Witcher III is one of those generational titles that will influence its genre for years to come. I mean, "what Half-Life did to FPSes" kind of influence.

I thought about reviving this thread a few months back and write my 2c about this one... but I had to give up because I hated how much of a gushing fanboy I sounded, even after some rigorous self-moderation.

Yes, you can boink her later.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:53 AM   #1004
Indy86
IndyFan

Last PS game I played was Tomb Raider II. I have them all with exception of Angel of Darkness because I don't own PS2. I never finished them all before so I consider it an adventure to finish them all one time. Also Uncharted is still on the list of playing and finishing.
Indy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #1005
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
You and millions of others. The Witcher III is one of those generational titles that will influence its genre for years to come. I mean, "what Half-Life did to FPSes" kind of influence.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. Looking at, say, Skyrim, it's embarrassing just how far ahead CD Projekt is. These hefty, branching quests are amazingly involved. I went from attempting to clean out an old manor of monsters to helping Letho of Gulet* and jumped back into hunting down the Ladies.

Now I have to ride up to Downwarren and solve that problem before getting back to Ms. Metz.

* - All this time and I never realized that Letho was a Witcher.

I have a long way to go (this game is obviously deep), but I would have left out the ability to accept quests that you have no hope in hell of completing. I took a Witcher Contract and then realized that it was recommended for Level 23 characters; I'm level 6. Though, I did find my first relic silver sword that's allowing me to take on Level 11 monsters.

Quote:
Yes, you can boink her later.

Figured as much.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote