• I think shelters are good for the pets

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I hate Shelters for pets!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I take dogs and cats who are homeless to my house for keeps sake and to care for them

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Dogs and cats who are homeless I can not take care of but I would take them in if I could

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I would take the animals to a shelter

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Gear said:
There's this guy who we know, my friends and I. He's sortof a jackass.

He's good firends with my best friend. They got into an argument where my buddy told him off about how this guy wasn't being too good a friend.

A couple days later, this guy shows up at my best friend's house to apologies to him, bearing miscellaneous gifts including a couple old X Box games, a zippo lighter, some burned CDs, a sling shot,

and a dog.

"Odie" is a pit bull pup whose origins are fuzzy. But, he's a good G...

dawgg.

I expect Garfield feels guilty now for pushing Odie out the cat-flap.

Gear

Well, I think "Garfield" is a guy who just doesn't understand the social world as most think they do.

'Hey, man! Here's some stuff for you. Some CDs, a GI Joe, this dog I found, a lighter...'

It was his way of apologizing, so I've been told. (I don't know him too well, myself)

Montana Smith

Gear said:
Well, I think "Garfield" is a guy who just doesn't understand the social world as most think they do.

'Hey, man! Here's some stuff for you. Some CDs, a GI Joe, this dog I found, a lighter...'

It was his way of apologizing, so I've been told. (I don't know him too well, myself)

I'm still on a steep learning curve with this "social world" thing myself. But hey, you finished all your sentences today, Gear. Yesterday you went a bit Da Vinci code on us. Welcome back to the asylum! :p

I think of the Raven as a home for metaphorical stray cats and dogs. Sometimes the dogs attack the cats, and sometimes someone drops a big steaming doo-doo and the mods have to come and clean it up.

:hat:

Montana Smith

Gear said:
A kennel?

Animal Farm?

More of a shelter with an attached dog house (that free holiday in the banana republic).

I also affectionately think of it as Arkham Asylum, full of Jokers, Riddlers, Cluemasters, Ventriloquists, Two-Faces, and Mad Hatters (mostly of the fedora kind).

All in all it's quite a wonderful place for cats and dogs to meet (them being animals of diverse natural instincts and all...)

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
Nope not really

That's good. You can't trust these alcoholic hobo dogs.

And now for something completely different:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100924/tuk-pink-cat-found-dumped-in-garden-6323e80.html

849669471-pink-cat-found-dumped-garden.jpg

kongisking said:
A shelter is better than just leaving the little guys out in this harsh, unforgiving world on their own. That being said, I VERY STRONGLY dissaprove of putting down those who never find owners. It's evil, IMO, and nothing short of murder. Do we kill human orphans when nobody comes to adopt them? I hope not. So animals have just as mich right to live as we do (since, after all, human beings actually are animals too, despite whatever those fundamentalist religious jerkoffs want you to believe...)
..Yea!..I hate it when the do that!....and if they need more room...Don't Kill Them....just move them to a different shelter.

Montana Smith

Agent Crab said:
Poor cat...

At least it looks like whoever did it was careful when applying the dye. It could have been much worse. She does look pretty in pink.

There have been some really sickening acts of violence against animals in the UK. :mad:

Agent Crab

Montana Smith said:
At least it looks like whoever did it was careful when applying the dye. It could have been much worse. She does look pretty in pink.

There have been some really sickening acts of violence against animals in the UK. :mad:

I think it could've been food colouring on it.

Remember the one act in the UK where the woman put the cat in a trash bin?

XanaduEli

I know, poor kitty. I am glad it was discovered in the trash can before it was too late.

What about the woman throwing Puppies into a river. That was just sick.

Oh God, THIS Thread!

Cats are selfish. Dogs are selfless. No cat will defend your family or belongings!

...let's see that cat try that trick with MY dog!

angry-dogs.jpg

Dogs also detect cancer! Beat THAT cat!

dog_eating_cat.jpg

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
You mean aloof...

That's the word.

It's like they're too intelligent to be trained to fetch a stick.

Same with pigs - they're meant to be so intelligent but you don't often see them rounding up sheep or acting as eyes for the visually impaired. They're biding their time, waiting for the moment when they can say they're more equal than other animals. Though they don't see the salughterhouse coming.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nice left hook! Hope he's got something left for my pup...guess what we've been feeding him?

Spinach?

I'll remember not to stand down-wind.

Funny shot - that dog sitting on the cat!

2964291874_c90c290667.jpg

Montana Smith said:
That's the word. It's like they're too intelligent to be trained to fetch a stick.
Glad you said "like" because they're not!

Montana Smith said:
Same with pigs - they're meant to be so intelligent but you don't often see them rounding up sheep...
I beg your pardon!

11510_ab.jpg

Montana Smith said:
Spinach? I'll remember not to stand down-wind. Funny shot - that dog sitting on the cat!
Sitting? you left out the "h"...and its out the cat. He's still just a pup...

dog_eating_cat.jpg

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Glad you said "like" because they're not!

Precisely. Cats exude coolness, and make out they're above it all. It's an attitude. Hey, even Mutt thought he was cool, when we all know he was just a wannabe!

Rocket Surgeon said:
I beg your pardon!

And how often has that happened?

They caught that pig young, before it knew any better.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sitting? you left out the "h"...and its out the cat. He's still just a pup...

Ewww! That'll take a lot of kitty spit to shift.

Sometimes dogs just admit their inferiority and they become friends:

funny+cats+02.jpg

funny+cats+03.jpg

dog_cat_pet.jpg

But sometimes, an opportunity is just too good for a cat to miss:

funny-pictures-cats-tease-dogs-with-a-dog-whistle.jpg