TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Moedred
Administrator

Particle Accelerator

How do you introduce Indy to the atomic age, again? I can think of two ways: nuclear missiles (used in plenty of Bond movies) or a supercollider.

40 years ago a guy got caught in one. It gave him a youthful appearance... hmm.
Quote:
On 13 July 1978, a Soviet scientist named Anatoli Bugorski stuck his head in a particle accelerator. On that fateful day, Bugorski was checking malfunctioning equipment on the U-70 synchrotron – the largest particle accelerator in the Soviet Union – when a safety mechanism failed and a beam of protons travelling at nearly the speed of light passed straight through his head. Bugorski is still alive today. Half his face is paralysed, giving one hemisphere of his head a strangely young appearance.
30 years ago my town was a contender for the Superconducting Super Collider which eventually started (and ceased) construction in Texas. It was pretty exciting with maps, rumors of whose house it would run under, and pro and con bumper stickers.

15 years ago David Koepp sold his Supercollider script to Disney for $2.5M. As usual Koepp is funnier when he works with John Kamps. It's like a fanciful PG X-Files with small town unexplained phenomena. The ending could work for Indy, I think. Seek it out or read a review here.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Face_Palm
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
How do you introduce Indy to the atomic age, again? I can think of two ways: nuclear missiles (used in plenty of Bond movies) or a supercollider.

40 years ago a guy got caught in one. It gave him a youthful appearance... hmm.

30 years ago my town was a contender for the Superconducting Super Collider which eventually started (and ceased) construction in Texas. It was pretty exciting with maps, rumors of whose house it would run under, and pro and con bumper stickers.

15 years ago David Koepp sold his Supercollider script to Disney for $2.5M. As usual Koepp is funnier when he works with John Kamps. It's like a fanciful PG X-Files with small town unexplained phenomena. The ending could work for Indy, I think. Seek it out or read a review here.

I don't think a youthful appearance is the issue here. I think people want to see Indiana Jones in the 1930's... looking younger in the 70's isn't exactly the goal I think.
Face_Palm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
TheFedora
IndyFan

Well its clear that for the franchise to be rebooted he is going to have to pull off a fountain of youth level stunt so thats possible.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote