Vintage Young Indy merchandise

Adamwankenobi

Does anybody have any vintage (well, there's not much that isn't vintage :() Young Indy merchandise? I've been keeping a list over at the Indiana Jones Wiki, and wondered what all you guys might have. If so, can you pst pics? Myself, I only have the DVDs, but have been thinking about raiding ebay for some of the cool young Indy stuff. :)

metalinvader

Er..Let's see..I have the novels,Some coloring books,A sticker book,Some children books,The videos,The DVDs,The soundtracks...

I think that's it...

Stoo

Don't forget the comics and the bubble-gum cards (without the bubble-gum).

I have a magnifying glass that I think is from Pizza Hut when the show was first on. I also have the 93 (?) calender, the knife, cards, and binder for cards. I'm sure I have a few other things as well, but off the top of my head I can't think of what they are.

Stoo

Edward The Head said:
I have a magnifying glass that I think is from Pizza Hut when the show was first on. I also have the 93 (?) calender, the knife, cards, and binder for cards. I'm sure I have a few other things as well, but off the top of my head I can't think of what they are.
Cool! Do you have any pictures of these items? I think I've heard about the knife
but have never seen it. Down the road, if you recall the other stuff give a shout
here since I'm sure we'd all be interested.:)

P.S. ResidentAlien, I never knew about the Dixie cups. What were the graphics like?

Stoo said:
Cool! Do you have any pictures of these items? I think I've heard about the knife
but have never seen it. Down the road, if you recall the other stuff give a shout
here since I'm sure we'd all be interested.:)

P.S. ResidentAlien, I never knew about the Dixie cups. What were the graphics like?

You've got to remember, I was 4 or 5... but I clearly remember the boy scouts on one of them (a LC reference? I'm not as familiar with Young Indy...) and I recall the Indy on Camel graphic...

Really though, my memory is pretty hazy and may in fact be a fabrication to some degree. The colors were soft, though... not very bold. Those are all that I remember.

The cups come up on ebay from time to time...

IndyAJA77

I have a t-shirt, sheet music to the main theme and educational program guides as well as the previously mentioned trading cards and comics. I think I may even have a patch, too. Oh, and I have Sean Patrick Flannery's autograph (from when he was doing the show).

Stoo

IndyAJA77 said:
I have a t-shirt, sheet music to the main theme and educational program guides as well as the previously mentioned trading cards and comics. I think I may even have a patch, too. Oh, and I have Sean Patrick Flannery's autograph (from when he was doing the show).
Welcome to The Raven, IndyAJA77!:hat:

What is on the T-shirt? Can you describe the program guides a bit more?
Please, do tell about your autograph signing.

tupogirl

Did you meet Sean?

Ok I posted this elsewhere but I have no idea where cause we went off topic.

I have the Making of Book, a complete set of the cards, 4 of the 6 tv books, the YIJC magazine. Just ordered the Mata Hari Affair from ebay. Oh and I found volume 1 soundtrack the other day! I had lost it. Course now I can't find the cover to it:p.:hat:

Long ago, I had the MHA, the calendar, tons of the cards, lots of posters and articles, vol 1 and 2 soundtracks. We moved a lot though, stuff got lost. Taped the episodes, taped whatever I could with Sean and Corey.

Avilos

I have the Sticker Book.

I found it in a new store a couple years ago! This store is called Evans. A small Wisconsin chain of general stores. The shelves are crammed with everything you can imagine. So they never remove old merchandise. Its there until it sells. Once and awhile you can find old toys and books and pay only what they cost brand new.

They actually had two copies of the Sticker Book. So I bought both. I also have two different versions of a story book about the first half of Curse of the Jackal.
Some of the comics too.

Last edited:

Crack that whip

I mentioned this in another thread not long ago, but here again is a mostly-complete inventory of my Young Indy loot:

Crack that whip said:
... the novelization The Mata Hari Affair, the four volumes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles soundtrack CDs, the "making-of" book, the Lucasfilm Fan Club membership kit material (IIRC, a patch and a poster or two), the Dark Horse comics series (including a still-sealed "value pack"-type thing containing a couple issues in a clear plastic clamshell-type container), an unopened box of Dixie cups (!), the Viewmaster reels from "British East Africa, September 1909," and the Pro Set trading cards, complete with all base cards, 3-d cards and hidden treasure cards multiple times over, plus boxes and wrappers (including at least a full unopened box, maybe more), plus the binder, along with a handful of magazines that covered the show.

Further notes:
- that "value pack" thing is more of a "collector's thing," I recently rediscovered, seeing my old stuff on a visit at my parents' home (where a lot of my belongings still reside for the time being). It's an individually numbered limited edition, though I don't think the edition limit was particularly low.

- My TYIJC trading card collection includes not only the complete base card set plus all the 3-d cards, the Hidden Treasure cards and the mail-in-exclusive binder, but I also have the checklist (another mail-in item; it's just a letter-sized sheet of paper printed with the show's logo and a complete list of all the cards, but it's a nice, finalizing addition to the set), plus a promo version of one of the cards. The promo card is a slightly different version of card #7, from the Egypt / Curse of the Jackal episode. I think this card came bagged with some magazine or other, possibly an issue of the Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine, but I no longer recall with certainty. I do still have scads of the cards (and I brought back a bunch of doubles with me, for trading fodder :) ), but for the moment I'm unable to locate the countertop boxes I know I have, including the full, unopened one (a lot of my stuff has been moved around in the years since I lived there; similarly, I'm temporarily unable to locate the YIJC items from the LFL Fan Club kits). I'll look again on my next visit.

Aside from the vintage merchandise I have the current DVD releases, plus a transparency enlargement from a presskit photo of Harrison Ford in his "bookends" segment (someone with a connection to the entertainment editor for the local paper got it for me), plus one of my coolest Indy items, not actual licensed merchandise or even anything officially connected to the show at all, but a cane I found in a pawn shop that happens to have the exact same brass sculpture eagle's head handle as the cane carried by Old Indy in the original bookends on the show.

IndyAJA77

Thanks for the Welcome Stoo.

I got the autogragh by writing to Sean c/o the production at Paramount. I received a head shot type b&w photo. He also addressed the envelope himself complete with return address and his name (so guess I technically got two autographs)! I'd have to check on the program guides I think I got them by mailing a letter to someone a LucasFilm. My dad is also a retired history teacher and I believe he also sent away for one (for me, not his classes). Anyway, I'll try to dig them up and get back to you. My guess is they were synopses the episodes and well as a list of references for further reading (for the historical aspect of the episode) and there may have been some pix, but they were b&w.

IndyAJA77

Sorry, forgot about the t-shirt. It has Cory and Sean on the front with the show's logo. On the back shoulder it has a tarantula with "Holy smokes!" It is a black shirt with some color in the images. It actually still fits and I do still wear it from time to time.

metalinvader

IndyAJA77 said:
Sorry, forgot about the t-shirt. It has Cory and Sean on the front with the show's logo. On the back shoulder it has a tarantula with "Holy smokes!" It is a black shirt with some color in the images. It actually still fits and I do still wear it from time to time.

That shirt sounds really awesome! Do you have a picture of it?

Welcome to the Raven,BTW!:)