Young Indy on DVD

Stoo

OhioJones said:
Well Blockbuster didnt have any, looks like im going to have to order them or something.
Each episode is great in its own way but if you're looking
for something close to the movies, you should try buying
"Treasure of the Peacock's Eye - 1919".

Besides the ones Junior Jones listed, here are some more
recommended (VHS) titles:

Spring Break Adventure (2nd half - Mexico)
Trenches of Hell (1st half - Somme)
Oganga, The Giver and Taker of Life (1st half - German E.Africa)
Attack of the Hawkmen
Masks of Evil (2nd half - Istanbul)

OhioJones, hope you find some episodes and enjoy them!
"The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" was a great TV series.

Junior Jones

No, the Young Indy Chronicles had all new music by Laurence Rosenthal and Joel McNeely. It's really good stuff (I have all four soundtracks and listen to them a lot), but its not John Williams' Raiders March.

OhioJones

Thanks again for you help, I am anxiously awaiting my videos.

They should come soon and when I see them I will tell you what I think.

Stoo

I agree with Junior Jones, the music is fantastic. It does not disappoint but
"The March" is actually used *once* throughout the entire series. It comes
very briefly at the end of "Mystery of the Blues".

It would be nice if the original opening credits were included on the DVDs
however the exclusion wouldn't surprise me. The theme is great!

Paden

I just ran across this article on TV Shows on DVD.com. Not exactly the best news for those who were hoping that Young Indiana Jones would be out on DVD soon, as it sounds like the release is going to coincide with the release of Indy IV. On the other hand, it sounds as though a great deal of work is being put into the set, including several historical documentaries that correspond with the various episodes.

Last edited:

IndyBuff

The set sounds like it's going to be worth the wait, especially for all the extras. I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I didn't get a chance to catch any of the episodes when they aired. I've wanted to see them for years and soon I hope I'll have my chance! :)

QueZTone

oh yes :) i wonder though how they'll be released..

- in one pack big box? that must scare off any non-indy fans cause that would get quite pricey..
- each episode seperately? that's always a bit lame, no collection feeling to it
- in seperate volumes? okay that could work i guess

of course as indy fan you want 1 big box with all of 'em :whip:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe a huge box like with Monty Python's Flying Circus. That box had 14 DVD's.

IndyBuff

I have a feeling this set will be somewhat expensive not matter how you slice it. Still, I'm looking forward to it. :whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Have you noticed the slimmer DVD box set packaging? Now the keep case slim-paks have holding teeth on both sides, that mesh together. Half the YIJC (a season's worth) could fit on 11 discs in 6 paks in a box smaller than the trilogy box.

So what's the status? In 3 years we'll be asking for the show on HD-DVD, why not hit us up now?

MissDefense

Great finally dvd's!I've been saving my vhs for ages but they definitely taking too much space and time passing has ruined them a bit. I just wonder if it's going to be relesead only region 1 or also the rest,as I need pal2.

fixer79

I'm pretty sure the sets will be released for zone 2 too, Miss.
Probably not on the same date as the US release though...

Blue Jay

I wonder if the DVD will present the show in 16:9 or fullscreen and 5.1 Surround. i mean it is still lucasfilm.

Although i don't count it on being in 16:9 since it was shot in fullscreen and i don't believe it is possible to present it in 16:9 without cropping the picture.
But I think a THX presentation is very possible.

Any thoughts or infos? ;)