Last Crusade

I am looking into buying the Last Crusade Graphic adventure. If anyone has played it could they please give their thoughts on the game?

Gregoire Defence

I liked this game, what I like the best about it was all the different dialogue combinations that you can use when avoiding the Nazis in the castle and when you are trying to excape Berlin by car.

Great classic Graphic Adventure, if you are into that kind of game. I personally prefer 3rd person action, but from time to time I like a good graphic adventure.
This is a good graphic adventure:)

IAdventurer01

That game is pretty good. I really enjoyed it, though I got stuck alot. If you've played Fate of Atlantis, the gam is totally infererior. Then again, if you liked Fate of Atlantis, you'll probably like this game!

Tennessee R

Probably eisier, but I'd have never gotten through it without the hint book.
Good game.
Hope you have a 5 and a fourth(or whatever) floppy drive.
Be sure to get it with the grail diary, and hint book.
It is plenty different from the movie to make it interesting.

Finn

Staff member
Well, the puzzles with items are easy in general. Though there are some device puzzles that are pretty infernal... and on some occasions, you'll really have to clean guess which line said to an NPC gives the best possible outcome.

katanga

I have never played it but judging from screenshots it seems cool.
Does anybody know how to get it? Atlantis was abandonware, what about this title, I have search after it, but not even found it on a webshop.

Junior Jones

I've got this game, too.

I haven't played it in a while, but it was a good game. Not as good as Atlantis, but it's older so that's understandable.

Thinking about it makes me want to load it up and play it again. Maybe I'll do that.

katanga

Playing the game right now, and I must say, it rocks :)

It is at least as good as FOA, and the puzzles does not have that much similarity with the Last Crusade the movie.

Finn

Staff member
It's a good adventure game. Very good. But it would be as good as FoA... well, let's just say that I <i>slightly</i> disagree.

katanga

Thinking that It was released a couple of years earlier than FoA.
What I like more with FoA is that the story is not based on a film, so you dont have any expectations on similarities. And of course, graphics and puzzles are bit more advanced :)
But from entertaining side, I find Last Crusade funny too

Finn

Staff member
Well, thinking that ET and IM were released 8 and 11 years after FoA, and that game is superior even over them, so to think that...

...but then again, these are matters of opinion. And you can't argue with them. ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
katanga said:
Atlantis was abandonware

FoA isn't Abandonware. LucasArts still sells it. LC is AW.

LC is a great game. But, like Finn said:

Finn said:
FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!FoA!

Finn

Staff member
Now, that's not very... moderatorial behavior, is it? :p

<small>But I'm honored.</small>

Tennessee R

I got LC on Ebay.
The problem I had was it only comes in 5.25 floppies.
I bought it, and then downloaded it (Fair, cause it's kind of like getting a patch for a game to make it work).

Finn

Staff member
Well, you both have the game and you can play it, so be happy about it. ;)

(And who knows... maybe one day those LC 5.25 disks might be worth something.)