Looks like it is official

Vance

singsingjohnny said:
I'm new here and don't really know anyone yet, but when it comes to a line, especially one this big, being canceled, I need to hear it from the actual company itself in the form of a press release.

It's extremely unlikely you'll ever see a 'we're cancelling it' press release from Hasbro on any line. Instead, you'll just see that the line's pretty much going nowhere, and, eventually, someone will say at some toy fair or convention "Oh, that? We stopped making figures for that six years ago."

Vance

tnswman said:
I guess they live so much by the internet that the ycan't understand how people like me who geta few figures from someone in at Hasbro can end up being connected with other people....

Okay. Here it is. Should I get Hasbro legal to come onto this board and have a looksee at what you're claiming, and that you are speaking for Hasbro itself on many issues?

You see, some of us really do have various contacts within the companies that you're talking about. And I'm sure they would be very interested to know in what you're putting in their mouths. And, you do realize that your actions could even get The Raven closed down if Hasbro legal were to step in.

So, another word of advice.. follow what I said earlier. No one here cares about your 'secret inside contacts' any more than they do mine or anyone else... You see, screw the 'contacts', there are actual Hasbro people here, and you've been called out by at least one of them.

It's really past time to drop this subject and your bragging.

Vance

Attila the Professor said:
For those of you who have been wondering, MaxPhactor23 has been...enjoying...a stay in the banana islands. Unless you want to join him, I suggest that we stop the discussion of tnswman and return to the question at hand.

Dangit.. didn't see this until AFTER my previous posts. Sorry.

Abner Lives

Attila the Professor said:
For those of you who have been wondering, MaxPhactor23 has been...enjoying...a stay in the banana islands. Unless you want to join him, I suggest that we stop the discussion of tnswman and return to the question at hand.

Attila,
With all due respect to the moderators (and I say that sincerely) there seems to be one constant here that centers around one poster who brags about having "never followed the rules". His misinterpretation of a post kicked up this current dust storm, but it's obviously nothing new. This stuff has been going on for years.

Am I advocating that poster be banned? NO WAY. He should have a right to post whatever he wants as long as he's prepared to be called on it. But bans on the ones doing the calling? I've tried to move the conversation to PM, and will not be furthur engaging in this inanity. Others are showing the forum deference and respect as well.

If you want to ban anyone (myself included) that's certainly your right, but am I the only one here who's seen the movie "King of Kong"?

Wugmanmax

Abner Lives said:
If you want to ban anyone (myself included) that's certainly your right, but am I the only one here who's seen the movie "King of Kong"?

My gosh, I think you may be on to something... tnswman is none other than Billy Mitchell! :eek:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Clarification - the possibility of a suspension lies open for all those involved in this dispute, including the one who it centers around.

However, I think we all ought to take what Vance says into consideration. I don't want to get into a discussion of whether what he says is legitimate anymore than I do about tnswman, but the prudence that he cautions is something I suggest we all move towards.

In the end - if the line comes to a close, we'll know when it happens.

Nurhachi1991

Jason_Voorhees_by_DMThompson.jpg

Jason would like to know if we can stop fighting and go back to talking about figures?

I wouldnt want to **** off Jason........

Arab Swordsman

Can we start a TNSWMAN versus the rest of the Raven thread? I'm not on either side of this (in fact TN and I have had some nice discussions in the past about different things) but the back and forth has been great! Atilla, I can see that this might not be the appropriate place but let these guys duke it out someplace as long as it remains clean.

tnswman

Way of the dodo said:
I just want to know...wha' happened?? In June I was reading in this forum that the line was a hit (and tnswman reassuring everyone that all the googly eyes was just an early glitch, which seems to be true). About 6 weeks later the line was pronounced dying. I know the license from Lucasfilm is expensive, retailers, etc. but looking at the stuff you CAN buy, (like Charlton Heston figures, very big with the kids I'm sure), I don't understand how the parties involved wouldn't rather make a little money off Indy than none at all.

They actually made a LOT of money. The decision to end the line is that Indy showed that it can not keep up the numbers needed to sell through for the long term. That's VERY important to remember. We are not talking about limited edition collectibles like Sideshow or even the 12" Hasbro line. We are talking about the main figure line that clogs the pegs.

All of these un-bought Indy figures just scream NO INTEREST to the ONLY party that matters...THE RETAILERS!!! Hasbro has said over and over again that they would LOVE to make this a Collector's line.HOWEVER, the License will not suport that and the retailers could care less about a colector line that is ALREADY clogging pegs.

So, all of those badly painted and un-wanted characters have ended this line. The casual buyers ended this line. Hasbro's OVER PRODUCTION E N D E D this line. Get over your desires for the second Raiders wave.

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
I asked you for a link to one post where you gave us some bit of significant info that wasn't widely available to prove that you have a source at Hasbro and you couldn't produce a single one. That speaks volumes more than I could with another long-winded post like the one I made above. You have zero credibility. You're just a collector with a big collection and a big chip on his shoulder. Print a copy of this post, slap an Indy logo on it, and add that to your massive collection.

Sorry but I have too many people to prove wrong to lok in the past...Go back and look yourself..You can find that I had Quite a bit early on from Hasbro that WAS NOT on ebay ;) Good try though!!! Keep watching or beter yet, IGNORE ME!!! Either way, I'm right and you are pathetic in your desire to get close to me.

Vance

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Is a web petition a good idea? I remember we did those to get certain Star Was action figures made in the old days.

Back in the old days, the licenses from Lucas weren't as insanely high. Hasbro has to cash in a LOT of funds to even start at looking at profits for Indiana Jones now. A collector's line, by itself, just won't cover the initial costs, much less make Hasbro any money.

In short, if you really want this, you need to convince LUCAS to drop the license fees to something more reasonable.

tnswman

Superman2778 said:
I'm just happy that we ever got them in the first place

Ohhh, Me too..This is my Dream line. since 1982 I have dreamed of it. I guess the thing that got in the way as usual is economics and politics. Although the History of he line was very clear. Hasbro learned the hard way about what not to do. Were they painted into a corner by the needs surrounding the contract and the $ needed to let this line survive.

Once people actually sit down and understand those basics, then the reasons surrounding the closing of the line are clear.

metalinvader

Superman2778 said:
I'm just happy that we ever got them in the first place

Trust me,We all are.Well,At least the people who are serious about Indy are.

I just behoves me that the big H has been lying to us from day 1.

tnswman

metalinvader said:
Trust me,We all are.Well,At least the people who are serious about Indy are.

I just behoves me that the big H has been lying to us from day 1.

You know, I have had MANY long conversations with the primary guy I know at Hasbro. One of the 1st things I asked was "WHY didn't the line debut in 2007??" The answer was that Hasbro and lucas were going after a Mass Indy Appeal based on the new movie. They needed this movie to generate sales and new interest in the line. They feared that the line would already be dead if it shipped starting in 2007 Thus the interest in the KOTCS line could have been hurt. They wanted EVERYTHING to be new and fresh. They could have hurt their retail orders had the ROTLA wave been glogging the pegs at the time of the KOTCS release. That could have kept retailers from supporting the product.

Out of this comes the idea that Hasbro was MORE THAN READY to continue this line in 2009 if the Kid interest was there for the line...As it turned out, The interest was mainly from the same kids that bought the line in 1981 & 2. Sure MANY new kids supported this line but not at the levels needed to pay for the license.

If the Line survived, we would have seen all of the 2008 Product that was NOT released as new product was created. Hasbro had big plans but those plans were an option, NOT a reality.

Since this guy has been helping me out with stuff, I have also seen Prototypes, and designs for un-made products. There was enough planned for 2009 to keep all of us VERY happy. Some of the vehicle designs were very nice and the flying wing that was described to me was closer to scale than anyone can think. It's obvious that Hasbro was VERY conservative with this line of toys. To me, the one thing that was missing was a ROTLA playset and more KOTCS figures.

kevblee

I think seeing a list of "what could have been" would really bum me out. Just the thought of a Flying Wing that won't be produced is depressing enough.