Indy's middle name is Walton

Stoo

Moedred said:
I guess when all we had were YIJC bootleg tapes sans subtitles,
Since the name isn't mentioned in YIJC, do you mean a boot of "My First Adventure"?
Not trying to nitpick, I'm just being curious.
Moedred said:
we thought it was Walden. But apparently it's Walton.
Which is funny considering the 1st post says, "Walton".:D
Crack that whip said:
I presume it's in reference to his creator, whose full name is George Walton Lucas Jr.
Indeedily-do. OR...Rather than the name coming from Henry Sr., maybe Anna's family is somehow related to "The Waltons"?:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyIPbPAQ2Y

Adamwankenobi

Agent Spalko said:
Walton is George W. Lucas' middle name or Wal-Mart must have paid Lucasfilm handsomely to market their family brand.

The Horror! The Horror! :p :whip:

Stoo said:
Rather than the name coming from Henry Sr., maybe Anna's family is somehow related to "The Waltons"?:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyIPbPAQ2Y

HAHA! It's been a long while since I've seen that show. Are they from Virginia? Because Anna tells Puccini she is from Virginia in the "Florence" episode. ;)

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
If you think so, try the full version:

Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr., alias Henri Defense.

Next up for discussion in Indy Gear and Props: "Indy's Business card - how many volumes is too many?"

*snort laugh*

I think it is quite appropriate. When I was 5, I *loved* the Waltons, especially John Boy (Richard Thomas). Richard Thomas was in the 70's tv version of 'All Quiet on the Western Front' which uses 'O Fortuna' in a manner similar to the Verdun episode. *It's all connected...*

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
HAHA! It's been a long while since I've seen that show. Are they from Virginia? Because Anna tells Puccini she is from Virginia in the "Florence" episode. ;)
Yep, that's why I brought them up!:D

The show was based on a series of books written by a Virginian and the stories take place there.
I was never keen on the show but know this from relatives who live in Fairfax. Indy could be named
after Walton's Mountain! (Although he prefers the dog's name.)
tupogirl said:
Richard Thomas was in the 70's tv version of 'All Quiet on the Western Front' which uses 'O Fortuna' in a manner similar to the Verdun episode. *It's all connected...*
Even more than you'd think! A couple of shots from Verdun were borrowed from the '79 film.:eek:
(Very good made-for-TV movie) It's more a case "Verdun/Demons" is similar to "All Quiet...".;)
Anyway, before we digress, there's another thread for that.

G'night John-Boy.
G'night Pa.

tupogirl

Stoo said:
Yep, that's why I brought them up!:D

The show was based on a series of books written by a Virginian and the stories take place there.
I was never keen on the show but know this from relatives who live in Fairfax. Indy could be named
after Walton's Mountain! (Although he prefers the dog's name.)
Even more than you'd think! A couple of shots from Verdun were borrowed from the '79 film.:eek:
(Very good made-for-TV movie) It's more a case "Verdun/Demons" is similar to "All Quiet...".;)
Anyway, before we digress, there's another thread for that.

G'night John-Boy.
G'night Pa.

I had no idea! It really is a great movie, as is the original version of AQOTWF. It was just rated the best war movie EVER. If you start a thread, I'll read and post on it, lol.

Adamwankenobi

tupogirl said:
I had no idea! It really is a great movie, as is the original version of AQOTWF. It was just rated the best war movie EVER. If you start a thread, I'll read and post on it, lol.

Best war movie ever? I can't believe it beat Dr. Strangelove and Apocalypse Now. :eek:

Last edited:

Stoo

I'd say all 3 of those are great anti-war films!;)

Anna's maiden name is probably Walton and her brother, Peter Walton, has his farm in Virginia!:p

What were the odds?

Henry Walton Jones, 86, of Lewes, DE went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, October 6, 2010. He was born on July 3, 1924, son of J. Clawson and Anita B. Jones. "Walt" as his friends called him, was born in Baltimore and spent his childhood in Chestertown, MD. He attended Chestertown High School before enlisting in the military and serving in WWII.

It seems Willie Scott is a popular name in police blotters across the US...