Sneak peek: new INDY artwork!

Adam McDaniel

Art Show this Saturday

For those of you in the Los Angeles area, I'll actually be donating a print of this artwork to a charity raffle at CAPSOLE @ 7320 1/2 Melrose Ave., LA, CA 90046. The event starts at 7pm, so if you decide to go, be sure to say hello!

Mutt-Jones III

Wow.

Adam McDaniel said:
Hey guys, Adam here...

I usually don't post any pics of my artwork until after they're done, but here's a sneak peek at one that's in progress -- about 75% there.

This one was inspired by the STAR WARS "circus style" poster, using the same basic layout. I hope to have it done in a week or two, and think it's my favorite of all the paintings I've done of the character.

Adam
www.adammcdaniel.com

Raiders_Circus_aTHUMB.jpg

You're definitely a fan. :hat:

Great work, Jr. hehe. :whip:

Adam McDaniel

Charity prints...

Yeah, I AM a fan... :)

A funny thing happened when I ordered the prints -- the printers accidentally printed them LARGER than I asked for, so now they're bigger than even the standard movie poster, at a whopping 33" x 48" !

Adam McDaniel

CAPSOLE charity raffle

The event at Capsole went really well, and I was surprised to find some people there who had already seen my poster design online. Here's pics of me and the winner of the poster in the raffle:

DSCF0468.JPG

DSCF0469.JPG

You can find more pictures on my MySpace page at myspace.com/madcinemalad.

Adam

Adam McDaniel

IndianaJonesCollectors.com giveaway

I'm actually donating the LAST of my current run of giant glicee poster prints to the next monthly giveaway at www.indianajonescollectors.com.

(The first of the batch I gave to INDYFANS director Brandon Kleyla, the second to the Capsole raffle...)

Stay tuned for more info!

Adam McDaniel

June IJC giveaway!!!

I'm helping www.indianajonescollectors.com out by donating a print of my latest Indy artwork, a mock RAIDERS poster based on the much-loved Drew Struzan/Charles White III "circus style" design used for their STAR WARS poster.

Raiders_Circus_Poster_McDaniel_THUMB.jpg

The painting was done in oils on a 24 x 36" canvas. The poster is printed at a whopping 33" x 48"!

To be entered in the giveaway all you need to do is post at least 20 times in the IJC forums between now and July 13th at Midnight EST. The winner will be picked at random from all eligible members.

Check out my site at www.adammcdaniel.com for more info on my artwork!

Adam McDaniel

Some modifications...

I can't ever seem to abandon my work! I made some changes to Indy's face and hat. The shading on the face is subtle, but here's a before-and-after comparison. Which do you guys like better?

Indy_face_comparison.jpg

Dr. Wolfwood

I'd perhaps like something _between_ those two versions of the hat. The second face is good, but so was the first one.

Also, if you are retouching the face, could you check the eyes one more time? To me, he seems a bit cross-eyed just now - as if he was checking out a spider hanging from the edge of his hat, 3 inches from his face... :)

All in all, I love it! :)

Adam McDaniel

Thinking...thinking...

So help me, I'm now flirting with the idea of turning this into a series, using the "circus style" poster template for TEMPLE OF DOOM, etc... I'm just not sure if people would be interested enough; I never did hear back from ACME regarding the RAIDERS piece I made.

I've also put the original oil painting up for sale on my site: http://adammcdaniel.com/Art_ArtForSale.htm.

No, I'm not expecting a sale anytime soon, as it's admittedly quite pricey.

Raiders_Circus_Poster_McDaniel_THUMB.jpg

Last edited:

indyclone25

that would be cool to see the reat of the movies done in the circus style --- i was thnkning of doing temple of doom in the style of the empire strikes back poster like this
fd24_1.jpg

Adam McDaniel

That looks like it's going to be awesome! I wish you the best of luck, my friend.

How long do you think it will take you? Mine was about 6 weeks.

Adam

indyclone25

it depends if i use paint or pencil (colored) i havent really painted since high school and i'm forty-two now --- so it has been awhile ---i'll post new scetion of comlpeted art as it goes i guess ---thats if you don't mind or i'll open a new thread ---i didnt want to impose on your thread .