Alternate Indy Logos

Adam McDaniel

I thought it'd be fun to play with the "Indy" fonts a little, and create these alternate versions of the sequel titles with the "Indiana Jones" in the smaller venture style font...

Thoughts?

IndyAlternateLogos.jpg

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I like it actually.... It makes each of the adventures stand out as their own more rather than just being another Indiana Jones adventure, kind of like "James Bond 007 starring in....." (y)

Jonesy9906753

Adam McDaniel said:
I thought it'd be fun to play with the "Indy" fonts a little, and create these alternate versions of the sequel titles with the "Indiana Jones" in the smaller venture style font...

Thoughts?

IndyAlternateLogos.jpg

dude if i actually knew how to download that font into my computer that would be ****in amazing

Vance

Don't download 'Venture'. venture is evil and the spawn of the devil. :)

Instead try: http://www.pixelsagas.com/fonts/Font_Table.php?cmdFile=Font_TV_Movie.idx

(Couldn't resist)

Download the fonts you want and extract the TTF files into your C:\windows\fonts directory (assuming you're using windows, and that's your system directory). For some versions of Windows you will need to actually BROWSE that directory once they're copied in order to refresh the font registry.

Once there, you should be able to use them in any program that you need.

WillKill4Food

Yes, but the movies are about Indy, not about the story so much.
That's just the way Georgie boy wanted them.
And, his way, Indy has a special font and the stories have a more generic font.
But, anyway, I don't have any criticism. Either way works fine.

Adam McDaniel

WillKill4Food said:
Yes, but the movies are about Indy, not about the story so much.
That's just the way Georgie boy wanted them.
And, his way, Indy has a special font and the stories have a more generic font.
But, anyway, I don't have any criticism. Either way works fine.

Well, with the original RAIDERS, I actually do think it was more about the overall quest -- hence the title, which refers to ALL the characters. (I'm going to ignore the rechristened "Indiana Jones and the...", which in my eyes looked more like a marketing ploy for the film's home video release than any creative decision. Indy is, after all, a raider of the lost ark himself.)

The sequels became much more Indy-centric, due to the film's and character's popularity. In fact, I think it's only in RAIDERS that we see a lengthy scene NOT involving Indy at all: Marion's banter with Belloq inside the tent.

Jonesy9906753

Adam McDaniel said:
Well, with the original RAIDERS, I actually do think it was more about the overall quest -- hence the title, which refers to ALL the characters. (I'm going to ignore the rechristened "Indiana Jones and the...", which in my eyes looked more like a marketing ploy for the film's home video release than any creative decision. Indy is, after all, a raider of the lost ark himself.)

The sequels became much more Indy-centric, due to the film's and character's popularity. In fact, I think it's only in RAIDERS that we see a lengthy scene NOT involving Indy at all: Marion's banter with Belloq inside the tent.

adam,
how did you get those fonts?

Snakes

Y'know, I actually kinda like these better. It makes them seem more like actual 1930s movie logos.

Adam McDaniel

Jonesy9906753 said:
adam,
how did you get those fonts?

I don't remember WHERE I got them, but I know that they were free!

The fonts are called ADVENTURE and VENTURE, and shouldn't be too hard to find. I spent hours manipulating them to what I thought were the proper dimensions and colors...

Dr. Wolfwood

There have been two or three links to the Adventure fonts in this thread already. The biggest work is to get the colours and shading correct.

muttjones

or if u have photoshop u can trace over a pic of the original film titles and then manipulate them to which u so choose.

kongisking

They also could have titled them thus:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders of the Temple of Doom

Raiders of the Sacred Cup/Holy Grail/Crescent Moon Canyon

Raiders of the Crystal Skull Kingdom

That would be very cool, I think. LC was hard, though...not much to really go on.