Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Stoo

Archaeos said:
Doll? Did I say doll?

I blame you, Stoo, for introducing that term in post #1053! It's not a doll! It's an ACTION FIGURE! :whip: ;)
Heh, the ultimate blame for the term is on Mr. Short Round. Remember this exchange from "Temple of Doom"?

Willie Scott: Mister. Mister! Oh, Mister, wake up please, Mister!
Short Round: You call him, Dr. Jones, doll!

What Shorty really meant was: "You call him, Dr. Jones Doll!":p

P.S. Have a pleasant stay in Tokyo!

Stoo

Archaeos said:
I also think that Le Saboteur should get all the time he wants for his story idea and geography. Having received a wonderfully written note from LeSab (he knows what I refer to) which I have only read just now (you guys don't want to see my postal inbox), I think he has great ambitions but will also deliver :hat: . As someone who knows the pressure of delivering on the honour of "hosting" Travelling Indy, let LeSab do his thing in his time. There are no opportunities lost!
Le Sab's extension was previously a concern but now that he has told me what this upcoming "geographical location" is, I'm all for it.

Folks, it is a BIG one!(y)

Billy Ray

Stoo said:
(Yes, I know that Billy Ray had his turn in Afghanistan but wouldn't it be wonderful if he showed Indy around The Alamo to make up for No Ticket's disabled attempt 2 years ago when the doll went missing? What do y'all think about that?:confused:)

Travelling Indy is certainly welcome to visit any time.

NickTurner

New postings - great! Look forward to more :whip:

I don't have much to say other than thanks for posting, but I'm superstitious I guess. Whenever I wait for something meaty to comment on I just end up ... waiting! :D

Stoo

@Billy Ray: Depending on how the schedule goes, I think a trip to 'San Antone' with you would be worth getting. (Do Texans even use that moniker for San Antonio?:confused:)

@NickTurner: After doing a recent review of the whole thread, it must be said that Indy's rocket trip into the stratosphere was one of the coolest things in his travels so far! Totally unique & suspenseful, Nick. I've said it before but will say it again...Well done, mate!.:hat:

@Le Saboteur: Keep me updated, scalliwag!:whip:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
... it must be said that Indy's rocket trip into the stratosphere was one of the coolest things in his travels so far!

{sniff> anyone can get into the Stratosphere...

And my archive has been moved. I can update the links...call it an audit, if you will.

(No ill will Nick, I'm giving stoo the business, is all)

Archaeos

NickTurner said:
Whenever I wait for something meaty to comment on I just end up ... waiting! :D

EXACTLY!

But I just returned from Japan - which blew my mind and made me have the awesomest time (if such word exists - never been there before, want to go back already) - so I'll be back to Travelling Indy tomorrow, when he will be visiting a museum... but not just any museum... ;)

And yeah, stratospheric heights... Outer Space Indy is the coolest trip that action figure (who said puppet?) did so far!

Archaeos

Sheet 7

sheet7.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1954/sheet7.jpg

He didn't sleep at all that night. THE DISCUS OF PEGASUS!

Thick London fog was hanging over the Manor when Indy left to catch the earliest train to Central London. "Appropriately named, and appropriately unmaintained.", Indy uttered.

While he was rattling on Brunelian railway stock, Indy remembered the times when Foster and he were in Flensburg back in? that very special May many years back? well, anyway, Paul Sachs himself had asked for Foster and Indy to be briefly seconded to the MFAA to follow rumours that neither fellow comrades George Stout nor James Rorimer were able to pursue, as they were tied up in Southern Germany. News had come that artefacts - objects and manuscript - were transported by fleeing SS units from from Berlin to Friedrichskoog. But the situ was unclear: von Friedeburg had just surrendered to Montana Smith, eh? Monty? Montgomery, and the German countryside was filled with people in green from SHAEF trying to manage Disarmed Enemy Forces in grey. It was chaos. In the end, they found no objects, but they did find one half of a manuscript? the other half was nowhere to find? who would have thought that it would suddenly appear here? out of nowhere? at?

NickTurner

Yeah! Indy gets in the picture with a nice 'riding the train shot'.

Any comments from curious Londoners (or visitors for that matter)?

I was practically assaulted the first time I took Indy out in public, but strangely from then on it was fine!

Archaeos

To be honest, I never got any comment or query during the shooting from anyone.

Certainly not in London, where everyone is crazy like sh*t*, ehm, marmite.
Even doing photos in the London Underground didn't trigger some "Oyh, mate, what's with the puppet?"

Neither did I get any comments in the three other countries that Travelling Indy has visited with me - of which one is known to be Turkey, the other two remain a secret for the time being.

Of course Travelling Indy got access to some places where photography is normally not tolerated, or was let in early to some places to experience them, well, totally devoit of humans. I negotiated that access beforehand through friends, bosses or contacts.

But, frankly, and apparently, holding up an Indy action figure in front of a camera while capturing digital images is nothing anyone cares about.
:cool:

Archaeos

Sheet 8

sheet8.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/907/sheet8.jpg

?The British Museum

You now stand in the largest museum of its type in the world.
Host to over a million visitors.

The museum is the final resting place of the treasures of the greatest cultures of human history.

"Let's use the Director's Entrance.", Indy thought, and rang?

"Ah, Doctor Jones. How wonderful to see you again. What brings you to London? May I add that Doctor Lawrence is currently in Norway?"

"Oh, really? That's a relief."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Oh, nothing. Let me guess? Is she on another overfunded expedition?"

"But of course!"

Archaeos

Sheet 9

sheet9.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7716/sheet9.jpg

"Indiana, the world of archaeology belongs to the British Empire."

Indy knew what he was just being reminded of was true. But still, he couldn't let this remark pass without an academic, measured response...

"You have Egypt, you have India. All ripe for your expeditions. I wouldn't be surprised if one day you even find a way to drag the Buddhas of Bamyan all the way to this precious museum.

Stoo

Archaeos said:
Certainly not in London, where everyone is crazy like sh*t*, ehm, marmite.
Even doing photos in the London Underground didn't trigger some "Oyh, mate, what's with the puppet?"
Funny, Archaeos!:D I must admit that it's an acquired taste but you don't like marmite?:confused:
Archaeos said:
"Indiana, the world of archaeology belongs to the British Empire."
Glorious. The sun never sets...;)

Archaeos, your tale is shaping up very well. Great shot of Indy sitting on the train and I'm liking the speech balloons and your museum photos. Indy looks right at home. Thanks for continuing and I can't wait to see what else is in store. Keeping the other 2 countries as a secret is a great idea! Oh, the suspense!:hat:

NickTurner

Agreed! Loving the museum shots.

Unusual for a food product, the trick with Marmite is to spread as THINLY as possible over your buttered toast - unless you are a cow in need of a salt-lick!

All that yeast is actually a by-product of beer brewing, so it can't be all bad! lol

harvey

Stoo said:
The following folks have expressed an interest in hosting the Indy doll:

- harvey (USA: Ohio)

If you see your name here and are still interested in participating and will to COMMIT TO THE PROJECT, please respond.:whip:

Always interested, but MAN, this has been a while. And it doesn't look like I'm on the master list...so, not sure what to make of that. From what I recall, others weren't being added years ago because of a desire to wrap the project up. But it doesn't look like that's an issue now. :confused:

Mini Indy is more than welcome to sit in on a recording session for the IndyCast. :hat: