The Blob (1958)

jonesissparrow

I saw this movie when I heard George Lucas mention this as one of the films that he try to emmulate the 1950s feel for KOTCS so I got interested and checked it out. I have to say this one of the best experiences with my. Me, my little brother, and my grandparents watched it on Easter night and we all loved it. Out of all the B - movies I've watched this one will always be my favorite because unlike the others films it did not dealt with scientists or rich folk but average small town americans who are unaware of the the coming of the Blob. This movie really stood out for me in the sense that the blob is revelant to today's current events with Stock market and the wars going on. I was wondering has anybody else felt that? I find Shia Labeouf's Mutt might be Marlon Brando but his personality is more Steve McQueen's character at heart.

A link to a funny review of the film:
http://www.bmoviegraveyard.com/

blob_wall.jpg

FETT1

awesome movie...I LOVE all HORROR / SCI-FI MOVIE'S from the 50's and 60's....GREAT STUFF!

BLOB remake was also cool!:D

Indy's brother

I found this on dvd at a walgreens a couple of years back for a couple bucks. GREAT flick. Equally fantastic theme song, it just drips 50's drive-in kitsch.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a direct link to that review. 30 and 60 years later, where's Blob 3? Particularly because they always feature current movie theater projection rooms. Blob 2 is perhaps the only film to show a platter system. Now everything's digital, and who knows if projection rooms will exist in 30 years, maybe just movie screen wallpaper.