Bad habits

the hammer42

Does anyone have any bad habits?

Mine is smoking.
I'm trying to quit for over five years now.
Everytime I set fire to one I say its the last one.

Pale Horse

Staff member
the hammer42 said:

That won't work, next time you light up, try counting down. Say "Only 999 before I die"; and on the next one: "Only 998 before I die..."

You have to change your thinking...

LASTCRUSADER

the hammer42 said:
Does anyone have any bad habits?

Mine is smoking.
I'm trying to quit for over five years now.

I just recently quit smoking almost 2 months ago. Cold turkey on top of that. I suppose its different for everyone but it was more of a mental challenge then anything. I have yet to have a smoke and I don't plan on it. To be honest, the first two weeks were the hardest. since then its gotten alot easier and I barely even think about it anymore. Just tell yourself you can do it and truely believe that you can and chances are you will. Thats the best advice I can give you.

Indyologist

I kill males after I mate with them, then I eat their heads and feast on the goo within. This is a bad habit because brains are very fattening. I'll have to cut down or my clothes won't fit me!

;)

the hammer42

wow!
Indyologist.
We better not get to close to you.

About my smoking.
Sometimes I dont smoke for a day or two.
Thats when I'm free from work.
But when something happens at work (like getting shot at) I always smoke when we are talking about what happend.
It helps me relax.

I know. I know. Excuses, excuses.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I am reminded of John 8:7...

Anyhow, I have an annoying talent for making such delightful concepts as "the will of the people" sound quite distasteful. Whether this is justifiable or not...

More to the point, I've been none to procrastinate, and my speech and my writing often possesses a meandering quality.

Indydan13

I am a repetative procrastinator, nail-biter, and I go straight to this site when I get home from school. Done with homework or not. I get distracted so easily....hey have you ever noticed how green looks yellow if you...

:D

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
I am reminded of John 8:7...

Anyhow, I have an annoying talent for making such delightful concepts as "the will of the people" sound quite distasteful. Whether this is justifiable or not...

More to the point, I've been none to procrastinate, and my speech and my writing often possesses a meandering quality.

I think Deut 13:9 is better, because it addresses the legality of the message intended in John. And when it comes to legality, therein lies my fault,

I am a last word freak, with the power to lock threads ;)

Bwhahahahaha

Ah Attila, you are sorely missed from time to time.

Indyologist

Yeah, I'm a terrible procrastinator too. I say I'm going to do something and then I don't do it. Like... posting pics for the Miss Raven contest. Tsk, tsk. Terrible.

Indydan13

...or why is the sky blue....why is coffee called coffee...or..crud. What were we talking about again...n...n...that's cool...

Zharah

Bad Habits:

Smoking
Being too headstrong
Procrastination
Not listening to authority

(yea, I've gotten in trouble because these things, haha. Military...sheesh. :))

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Well Zharah, I hope leaving The Raven for ages won't become one of your bad habbits ;)

EDIT: I was a little newbie when you left. :)

Last edited: