Crystal Skull hatred knows no bounds

teampunk

cs is a good fourth movie in a series of movies. it doesn't diminish raiders at all. if you were expecting another raiders, you were expecting way, way to much. besides, indy was supposed to be a cheesy b movie. they just so happened to make the greatest b movie ever made with raiders. and since it's almost baseball season, if raiders was a game winning grand slam, then cs was a game tieing double. besides, it's much better then the indy books that came out.

teampunk said:
...it doesn't diminish raiders at all.
Nothing can deminish Raiders. It was made like the first Star Wars...a self contained single film. If anything it deminishes those who produced the others.

Except Norman Reynolds. Maybe Douglas Slocumb.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nothing can deminish Raiders. It was made like the first Star Wars...a self contained single film. If anything it deminishes those who produced the others.

Except Norman Reynolds. Maybe Douglas Slocumb.

It shook my confidence in the beards. Well, Spielberg anyway, because Lucas was already on shaky ground after the prequels...

Darth Vile

Montana Smith said:
It shook my confidence in the beards. Well, Spielberg anyway, because Lucas was already on shaky ground after the prequels...

A tad unfair Montana. It's not like every movie Spielberg makes is great... or even good. In living memory, Jurassic Park II, AI, Minority Report, The Terminal, Hook, War Of The Worlds immediately spring to mind as being instantly forgettable. Spielberg has a lot more directorial output than Lucas, so is able to gift us a superior movie every 1 in 5 (or something like that). Lucas' output is so minimal, he doesn't have the volume of movies to recover it quickly if he directs a damp squib (although I thought Revenge of the Sith was a pretty decent Star Wars movie).

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
A tad unfair Montana. It's not like every movie Spielberg makes is great... or even good.

I was writing in relation to Indiana Jones. Spielberg's KOTCS creative input 'shook my confidence' in him as being involved with this series. I have full confidence in him as a director, and I liked the first three movies on your list. A.I. was hauntingly memorable (and I'm still on the lookout for an electronic A.I. Teddy!)

Lucas' input was less surprising because he'd already given us the prequels and messed with the originals.