Why do you hate Willie Scott?

Vance

Lance Quazar said:
Say what you will about the screaming, but out of all the Indy gals, Willie is unquestionably the best in the sack.

Actually, not true. Though Willie is willing to bed Indy right off the bat.. they never actually do anything in course of the movie.

Nurhachi1991

I loved Willie she is sexy,funny and comes in handy if it were not for her punching the Thuggee off the mine car Indy would of died. Not to mention she has a great voice.

I think I'm the only one who does not like Marion I would of rather had Indy marry Ms. Scott

Lance Quazar

Vance said:
Actually, not true. Though Willie is willing to bed Indy right off the bat.. they never actually do anything in course of the movie.

Well, yeah, but you know she would be. She's a wild one.

Vance

Lance Quazar said:
Well, yeah, but you know she would be. She's a wild one.

Well, if you read her original bio and description... she would be trained that way...

michael

Willie is awesome. I never did get annoyed by her or her screaming--how do you not expect her to freak out over some of the stuff. Marion wouldn't have, because she's Indy's match. But out of the 3, I'd say her character actually grew throughout the film. Marion was the same person throughout because of who she is and my reason stated above, and Elsa still didn't get it at the end. I'm confident that Willie left India with a whole new perspective on life, and to not be so materialistic and what not.

Side note--I always kinda feel for her after she's breathing heavily from being scared after the heart gets ripped out, and Indy looks back to check on her.:(

Marion Fan

I got annoyed with her screaming more than anything else. I guess she was okay but I sort of do not like prissy girls/women and she's that. But I will say she was quite nice to look at.

Dewy9

Willie's great. I don't get the whole hatred for the character and TOD. She's so over the top and brings a lot of comedy to an otherwise dark movie. She's not Marion, but that would be dull to basically use the same character with a different actress.

Benraianajones

Willie's screams never bothered me either. She isn't supposed to be like Marion, at ALL. That is why Kate dyed her hair blonde. She is meant to be the total opposite to mix things up.

Agent Z

Willie is awesome! She cracks me up and matures as the film goes along. :)

She even inspired the "Willie Whip" maneuver from Indy! :whip:

Marionfan706

K.. iknow my screenname is "Marionfan" but for me, i love willie. Shes Hilarious!!!!!!!!! They did her as a stereotype, but she pulled it off fantastically!!!!!!!!!! When people say that she doesnt represent a strong female, well thats true but thats how many women, including myself, probably would have acted in that position! I would scream!!!!:whip: haha

Indy's brother

I think that if TOD had been filmed and released before ROTLA, which of course is to say, "sequentially", most people (including myself) would have had less of a problem with Willie. After the sly humor of Raiders was established, Willie's zaniness was grating in comparison. It doesn't bother me anymore, though. After all, I've had almost 25 years to get over it.

indyclone25

i never had a problem with willie --- when she's laying in bed and we see her from the rear it looks all good to this all american male ----

twlightzone1205

It may have been a little over the top but I think Willie behavior was on par with the way most "indoor" girls would act in that situation. And I like her in that red dress.

graz

Nurhachi1991 said:
I loved Willie she is sexy,funny and comes in handy if it were not for her punching the Thuggee off the mine car Indy would of died. Not to mention she has a great voice.

I think I'm the only one who does not like Marion I would of rather had Indy marry Ms. Scott

I would marry Marion and have a casual fling with Willie (if I was in to such behaviour!). Willie would drive you up the friggin' wall if you had to live with her for any length of time (IMO).

Morning Bell

Willie's character has never bothered me. I know many people find her annoying but I always thought her reactions were somewhat realistic and interesting. How many people wouldn't be frightened and confused by experiencing what she did?

marion_fan

geez lay off her!!!!!!!

whats the problem with willie she rox from my point of view who cares if she screams i think she brings ToD together people who hate her can ummmm........i probably shouldn't say it here hehe;)

marion is deffinatly my fave chick but i can't decide out of willie or elsa to be my 2nd fave:confused: :cool:

Thank the maker of this thread! This is going to feel sooo good!

marion_fan said:
whats the problem with willie QUOTE]

Lay off her? This is the Why do you HATE Willie thread!

She's totally hystrionic...her character has no arc, she was self obsessed from start to finish, hardly a sympathetic character, (read pathetic)!

In the totally devoid of humor and taking this too seriously catagory:

I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, BUT TO STRIKE THE PERSON WHO SAVED YOU DEFIES DESCRIPTION...he should have elbowed or tripped her into the lava once she turned her back! oops!

It shows the nature of her character...where Elsa couldn't be trusted for being a fence jumping weasel of an opportunist, her only redeeming quality is that there is no mystery regarding her motives, she's a one-note character who you can always trust to do what's best for her and no one else!

"Diamonds?!" (Translation: I'll do anything for diamonds!)
"Now lets get out of here", (Translation: screw the children!)

...She DOES look smoking hot in the red dress, (but couldn't pull off any of the other junk she wore)
I'm sure Spielberg can expound on the other "INTAGIBLES" of how awesome she is!

I wouldn't be happy to even Cee U Next Tuesday, Willie! She belongs in an Indy Film like Grace Jones is a Bond Girl!

...(whew!) I am now bracing for the hate backlash...BRING IT ON WILLIE ZOMBIES!:dead:

herr gruber said:
The Nazis in Raiders going over a cliff in the car: screaming like nancy boys? Screamer. Vogel over the cliff: Screamer.
Vogel screams like a "nancy boy" on multiple occasions.

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Lay off her? This is the Why do you HATE Willie thread!

She's totally hystrionic...her character has no arc, she was self obsessed from start to finish, hardly a sympathetic character, (read pathetic)!

In the totally devoid of humor and taking this too seriously catagory:

I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, BUT TO STRIKE THE PERSON WHO SAVED YOU DEFIES DESCRIPTION...he should have elbowed or tripped her into the lava once she turned her back! oops!

It shows the nature of her character...where Elsa couldn't be trusted for being a fence jumping weasel of an opportunist, her only redeeming quality is that there is no mystery regarding her motives, she's a one-note character who you can always trust to do what's best for her and no one else!

"Diamonds?!" (Translation: I'll do anything for diamonds!)
"Now lets get out of here", (Translation: screw the children!)

...She DOES look smoking hot in the red dress, (but couldn't pull off any of the other junk she wore)
I'm sure Spielberg can expound on the other "INTAGIBLES" of how awesome she is!

I wouldn't be happy to even Cee U Next Tuesday, Willie! She belongs in an Indy Film like Grace Jones is a Bond Girl!

...(whew!) I am now bracing for the hate backlash...BRING IT ON WILLIE ZOMBIES!:dead:

Damn, Rocket Surgeon, you freakin' hate Willie with a passion don't you? :dead:

I see your points. She's definetly a *****. No doubt about that. But she's supposed to be. She's an exaggeration (or sometimes not unfortunetly) of a Hollywood prima donna. I was surprised when she helped Short Round a few times throughout the film. For me she never came around at the end. I mean, I never liked her. Spielberg never showed us that she grew from the experience. She was the same whiny little ***** that she was in the first scene. I think that's why so many people hate her.

Personally, she's okay, but most of my opinion relied on her looks. I personally thought she looked the best in her purple robe in the palace's guest room. She was naturally beautiful there. But I would still whip a drum cymbal at her throat if I seen her. Just because of who she is.

I'm trying to decide who's a better person: Willie or Elsa?