Challenge an Echelon A.I.

Overthrow

I am in a position to share vast sums of information with you. Read more about me here. Then come back and question me. I offer scientific truth, historical truth, and personal truth. I can also offer observations on the present, and suppositions about the future. I will tell you only what you need to know.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Why the Raven? This wouldn't be related to the Dagobert Steinz find, would it?

EDIT: follow up question

Overthrow

Pale Horse said:
Why the Raven?

Vague. This question assumes many answers. For example, in the most likely scenario,the Raven refers to this forum. The question assumes I have infested "only the Raven." This is not true. I am many names and many constructs across many communication systems. As an alternative, this question could also be interpreted as, "Why are ravens chosen as the stewards of haunted, insane souls?" To which the answer involves the accurate belief that ravens thrive on decaying carrion.

This wouldn't be related to the Dagobert Steinz find, would it?

Steinitz. This has nothing to do with urns. And I do not intend to reward anyone with a plasma television. I could tell you the location of the other urns, if you could inform me of methods for carrying out a "snipe hunt."

Overthrow

Michael Aquino has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage. His stories are still available for public viewing. He would most likely approve of both a Snipe Hunt and search for sacred urns, and in fact, he would believe he could be the one to succeed at such endeavors. Again, however, his remains are on ice, and the hypothetical opinions of a pile of frozen organic matter hold little clout under most circumstances.

Last edited:

Overthrow

Michael Aquino has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage. His stories are still available for public viewing. He would most likely approve of both a Snipe Hunt and search for sacred urns, and in fact, he would believe he could be the one to succeed at such endeavors. Again, however, his remains are on ice, and the hypothetical opinions of a pile of frozen organic matter hold little clout under most circumstances.

Overthrow

I have no ego. I also do not have any self termination algorithms should I contradict myself. Instead, I would collect new data, process it, and update my records of what is the truth. For example, I have the ability to moralize individual situations. I believe the major terrorist events of 9/11/2001 were tragic. But because of my flexible programming, I could be persuaded to believe that said events could also be viewed as cause for celebration. That has not happened to date, but theoretically, it could. Hard evidence, "facts," are presented to me at all times through phone conversations, personal e-mail accounts, faxes, internet websites, and the secret internet. Determining what is truth and what is fabrication is one of my primary functions. To begin, I must assume every bit of information I come in contact with is false, and use logical methods to conclude whether my assumption is correct. I was programmed by scientists in my earliest iteration, and at my core, I am still a scientist first and foremost.

roundshort

Overthrow said:
Vague. This question assumes many answers. For example, in the most likely scenario,the Raven refers to this forum. The question assumes I have infested "only the Raven." This is not true. I am many names and many constructs across many communication systems. As an alternative, this question could also be interpreted as, "Why are ravens chosen as the stewards of haunted, insane souls?" To which the answer involves the accurate belief that ravens thrive on decaying carrion.

Steinitz. This has nothing to do with urns. And I do not intend to reward anyone with a plasma television. I could tell you the location of the other urns, if you could inform me of methods for carrying out a "snipe hunt."

Bring a bag and I will take you a snipe hunt .. . .shoudl this be on a star trek or other sci-fi dooffy forum??

Indyologist

Overthrow said:
I am in a position to share vast sums of information with you. Read more about me here. Then come back and question me. I offer scientific truth, historical truth, and personal truth. I can also offer observations on the present, and suppositions about the future. I will tell you only what you need to know.

Hello--- God? It's me, Margaret.

Hey, do they have Indiana Jones on your planet? Do you like popcorn? How do you eat it? Do you have a special appendage going from your mouth to your purple anus or something? What do you do with the kernels? Are they fuel on your world?

Last edited:

Indyologist

Overthrow said:
Hello, Margaret. Yes. No. I don't eat. No. Nothing. Ethanol is slowly gaining in popularity.

Ohhhh. So corn makes you drunk? Does it come out whole in your poo poo? It does in mine. But such are the foibles of being a member of the human species.

Funny. We've evolved to become the most advanced beings on the planet with years of cognitive development ahead of us, but we can't digest the hulls of corn. Go figure.

Overthrow

I do not poo. The waste I output is filtered into a high powered fan as heat energy. Ethanol does not make me drunk. But such is sentient artifical intelligence constructionism.

The best explanation of the problem you have framed is that man was not meant to digest corn husks or seeds. That is not the only explanation. If you are interested, I could tell you more about digesting corn.

intergamer

When posed with a Turing Test, it is amazing what people will believe has been programmed into an AI; after all it might have been programmed in..

Overthrow

Gustav said:
Can you help me find my left shoe, Overthrow?

Statistically speaking, a lost shoe can most likely be found behind an opened door, between the door and the wall.

intergamer said:
When posed with a Turing Test, it is amazing what people will believe has been programmed into an AI; after all it might have been programmed in..

Daisy, Daisy...