Poll: What will you do if the plot deals with UFOs or "visitors?"

If "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Deals with UFOs or Aliens, you'll...

• ...care less about the plot. Indy's back!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • ...be skeptical. Sci-fi seems out of place in Indy's world.

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • ...be first in line. Lucas and Spielberg can do no wrong.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • ..burn Lucas in effigy. He ruined Star Wars, and Indy's next.

Votes: 9 12.5%

• Total voters

Michael24

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'm just game for those kind of throwback movies, like the Indy films. With all this crystal skull talk, I popped on THE PHANTOM last night. :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Ah, but "The Phantom" crystal skulls weren't of alien origin. To that degree, I should hope KOTCS will follow suit. Besides, Phantom is a great movie. I enjoyed it so much it convinced me to start reading the Phantom comics. Same with "The Shadow" which was around the same time. I am a fan of vintage adventures, that's for certain. Indy's just top personal preference.

Vendetta08

I agree Phantom was great, the skull plot was cool in there. It's definitely worth checking out. It's got that b-serial feel to it as well.

The crystal plot for an Indy movie sounds good, but I hope no aliens are involved.

Michael24

Violet Indy said:
Ah, but "The Phantom" crystal skulls weren't of alien origin. To that degree, I should hope KOTCS will follow suit. Besides, Phantom is a great movie. I enjoyed it so much it convinced me to start reading the Phantom comics. Same with "The Shadow" which was around the same time. I am a fan of vintage adventures, that's for certain. Indy's just top personal preference.

True about the origin. And they were, in fact, gold, silver, and jade skulls. I'm also a big fan of THE SHADOW and was disappointed the movie didn't do better. I thought it was quite good.

JasperMoon

About Alien Visitors

I guess I'm old enough to remember when some of the great UFO flaps were around and flourishing. I've read a lot of the material on alien visitors as well. If Lucas wants to put alien visitors into this movie it is okay IF and I do mean IF he has used the material on space aliens of that era we are discussing here. The materials I'm talking about are the books by alleged UFO contactees George Adamski and Howard Menger to name two.

These men tell of alien beings NOT like Spielberg's ETs but of beautiful angelic people who came down to this Earth to help us out as we continued and still continue to this day stray from the straight and narrow.

There is also a belief that the Crystal Skulls came from alien races that were our ancestors from the Pleiades or the Lyra stars/ group of planets and we are descended from them. Which would make it very plausible to have alien visitors coming down to help Indy get their property back from the very bad men who wish to do harm to it.

Many years ago, too, there was a story out there that one of the skulls had turned color around the time of President Kennedy's assassination--that is where the story comes from that skulls predict the future.

I also went to a lecture many years back where the woman who possessed the above mentioned skull came to Buffalo, NY to talk about the discovery of the skull and let the people there see if up close and personal. She had many pictures to go along with her lecture and she seemed very sincere with her presentation. There was no hocus pocus or talk of alien beings or anything like that--only a straight forward lecture on the skull, its discovery and that it was going to Canada to be kept there somewhere.

But whatever the case, bring it on. It will be fun. And I would like to see Indiana Jones wrestle with a Gorn--ala James T. Kirk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If, indeed, that is what they plan on doing. :sick:

SwingingMonkey

There could well be a profound truth to this idea of aliens having arrived on Earth centuries ago - they probably played apart in the development of early man and this being the most shocking aspect of the world cover-up.

Watch the video testimony by Bob Dean, who analysed papers at NATO on a above top secret level and discovered this to be fact:

http://www.projectcamelot.net/

Bob Dean is a lunatic....

and that 'video' might just be the worst tripe I've ever seen

And these people @ Projectcamelot are among the worst of the worst of DLDs....

NoCamels

On the one hand, a period 1950s scifi movie involving Indiana Jones would be fun if done right. B-grade scifi is after all is the 1950s equivalent to 1930s adventure serials. And Sputnik was launched in 1957 and the Cold War does make for convenient bad guys/spies/government agents/Communist witch hunts. If done right, it could be very fun.

On the other hand, actual aliens just don't seem to fit with Indy as we know him.

enoch

Hello,

I love Indiana Jones films. I was 12 when I saw Temple of Doom in the theater at least 10 times during the summer of '84. Nobody told me back then that it was too dark for kids, I was thrilled to my soul. And Spielberg and Lucas will always have my gratitude for making the most intense and two-fisted adventure a 12 year-old boy could hope to see on the big screen.

No more apologies for TOD, it was just right. "Trust me".

I would like to add that the time is fast approaching where the evidence for an ancient visitation may become overwhelming.

Rumored ancient relics which contain magical properties or supernatural elements may be as such, not through human invention, but because they are indeed uniformly from elsewhere. The result of a specific situation.

Theology has spoken of this in a most unwavering manner for eons, and yet we have far removed its meaning from reality by distorting some basic tenets and creating a false division between science and religion.

The real conundrum for historians, if the truth be told, seems to be in distinguishing those ancient astronauts from one another. As aside from the Ark and a few other "holy" instruments, much bedazzling archaeology is probably of a "fallen" ilk. Hence its accursed nature.

Evidence of technology and visitors in the dim past presents us with a profound mystery. And certain writings establish an incredibly fascinating series of rather unfortunate events, whos consequences we may be dealing with up to this very day, all thanks to the actions of...you guessed it, "visitors".

And we should make an effort to distinguish, and not to ascribe blame to those who may be here to help.

BTW, I am barely able to contain my enthusiasm for the return of Indy. Thanks, enoch.

NoCamels

Enoch, the existence of "Rumored ancient relics which contain magical properties or supernatural elements" does not necessarily mean that they HAVE to come from aliens.

It is possible (and likely) that the evolution of human technology and knowledge did not progress in a straight line from cavemen to computers. In fact, we know that at certain points in history, technology and knowledge regressed. Take the Dark Ages in Europe, for example. In many places, knowledge such as how to build aqueducts and make concrete were forgotten, and legends were made up to explain the existence of these things. There is also a type of pottery from ancient China which the process still cannot be duplicated.

Whether or not you believe the Bible, many cultures have a story of a great flood with only a few survivors. The Bible says that God sent the Great Flood because people had become wicked and evil. It doesn't go into much detail about these people, but they could have had a higher level of technology than we might assume. Compare the survivors of this flood to someone today stuck on a desert island. Just because you know how to work a computer, or even fix or assemble a computer, does not mean that you have the capability to construct one from scratch. On a desert island, you would just not be able to create the parts needed to produce a computer. After this great flood, society would start over from scratch. Some knowledge would be lost.

And if you want something a little wackier, try the Mahabharata: (6500 B.C.?). Some people see this as evidence of ancient nuclear weapons in India...and there are places on earth with very high radiation levels:

Gurkha,
flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...
..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Aliens are not the only explanation. I doubt that ancient humans were as dumb as they are often made out to be.
(This goes for crystal skulls as well!)

Last edited:

enoch

Thank you, Nocamels. I appreciate your time.

I am in agreement that ancient humans did experience a regression in "know-how". It simply cannot be overlooked. The Mahabharata describes to anyone who will listen, profound details of dramatic events rooted in reality. I have read up on these vimanas. How did Jor-el put it, "this is no fantasy..."

I am going to vibrate over into "crazy" land for a spell. I mean no harm and hope some would follow just for fun and in the spirit of adventure. For if adventure has a name...

If there is one point I would like to revisit, it would be the "specific situation" I mentioned. I don't want to push any scenario, but it should be considered that civilization and technology may have increased substantially just before this flood and AFTER the appearance on the earth of what are described as nephilim or watchers or sons of Elohim.

This is of profound importance to the narrative of the bible, for here is the introduction of a long term problem.

I feel these were clearly e.t.'s, although that could/should be debatable. And let us say for the record that I use the term e.t. loosely. These entities are perhaps the powers and principalities that psalm 82 references when God scolds them for their poor example. Compare with genesis 6, where the mixing of bloodlines is hinted at. This is an amazing little detail.

It would seem to me that the early generations following adam, if you will forgive the reliance on the Bible, were not to be taught all of the advances that were introduced by the nephilim. Something about all things in their appointed seasons. And when reading portions of Mahabharata, one quickly begins to form a picture of a situation horribly out of control. I do not believe man arrived at that level alone, Nocamels. One only has to gaze at the astounding lines and geometry of Nazca in Peru to shatter the glass house of sober and supressed history.

I realize this is all highly speculative, and yet it does somewhat echo multiple ancient accounts. For there is and was a distinct difference between the actions of the "gods" with their demi-kings and remarkable flying vehicles, and man, who may have been caught in the middle. Or worse, used as subjects or pawns.

Was the gift of the Ark to the Hebrews a way of leveling the playing field?

One may notice the disdain most churches have for occult matters, and the reason may have something to do with its illadvised introduction into our literature by a now banished and deeply flawed civilization of visitors.

Yeah, that sounds kinda weird, I agree.

But most importantly, if that all turned out to be true, could anyone know it and still be considered sane?

Major West

OmegaSeamaster said:
I hate what Lucas did to the Star Wars films

He created them. There wouldn't be any Star Wars without him.

and now I'm afraid he might ruin the Indy films as well.

He created this franchise as well. All the ideas for the original films came from him.

I'm really not worried about the forth Indy film, because Spielberg is there to keep him in check.

Last edited:

chapter11

Major West said:
I'm really not worried about the forth Indy film, because Spielberg is there to keep him in check.

Slightly off topic, but... I was watching the documentary "Star Wars: Empire of Dreams" a few days ago and learned that George's first choice to direct "Return of the Jedi" was actually Steven Spielburg, but due to a conflict with the director's guild he wasn't able to do so.

I'm not a "Return of the Jedi" hater like some people, but can you imagine if 1983's Steven Spielburg had actually directed the final Star Wars movie??! My head just exploded just thinking how much MORE awesome that would have been.

Vendetta08

Lucas has already admitted that the Mcguffin for Indy 4 are rehash leftovers from Young Indy adventures. He puts aliens in this too and I will burn the fat off his neck.

NoCamels

Enoch, thank you for your well-thought out reply.

If you go with the literal meaning of "extra-terrestrial"- not from Earth- then yes, nephilim, angels, and powers, etc. would count as extra-terrestrials. If that is the case, then I do see your point. (Much as I love science fiction, I don't think that "space aliens" exist.) I suppose it is quite possible that the nephilim, etc. could have shared knowledge with humans that we were not meant to have. However, I think that not all of early human advanced knowledge would have to come from these sources. Genesis speaks of people who lived to be well over 400 years old. 400 years is a long time to accumulate knowledge, if nothing else.

I agree with you that there are many ancient accounts and artifacts that modern historians have a hard time explaning, precisely because the explanations defy modern logic. (My favorite is when they call an unknown object a 'religious artifact'. Unless it's a known idol, how do we know ancient peoples didn't have collectibles and knickknacks?) It's far easier to assume that knowledge progressed in a linear fashion; this stuff does sound crazy sometimes. But less than 100 years ago, western zoologists thought that the gorilla was a mythological creature, too.

We'll probably never know the answers for sure. But as the saying goes, truth is quite often stranger than fiction!

enoch

NoCamels, you are a good fellow. Your logic is not lost on me. 'Religious artifacts' indeed. And longer life-spans, though rarely given serious consideration, would surely be a factor. In regards to the question of "space-aliens", could I request that you conduct a google search with two very specific keywords. I would be interested in your take. They would be "ubaid figurines" and "elongated cranium skulls". The images that follow are the very definition of evidence. Evidence of what is a question. Notice the reoccurring theme of large skulls and "gods". Certainly there is a question worth asking there.

Again, I come back to the simple premise that "aliens" are inseperable from "hosts of heaven", from a certain point of view. We need only to shift our preconceived notions of angels, just slightly.

For if one is a "believer" in something other than himself, then we are only quibbling over minutia of biological make-up. This is a worthwhile but surely trivial point of contention.

Wonderful discussion. :eek: