Young Indy on the History Channel

rocketjager

I was looking through the direct tv guide this morning and noticed that young Indy will be playing on the history international channel at 8pm (CST) tonight (10/04)! Its the episode "My first adventure" and is apparently going to be followed by two of the new Lucasfilm documentaries. A second episode, Kenya, is playing on the regular history channel at 6 am Saturday. I was very surprised to see this and figured you all would want to know.

Michael24

I just read on the Young Indy page at Wikipedia that History Channel has acquired rights to all of the documentaries created for the DVD sets and will be showing them throughout the upcoming months as a way to promote the DVDs.

I've never heard of History International Channel, though. I get the regular History Channel, but I'm guessing the other one is kind of Digital Cable exclusive or something?

Playmount

Thanks rocketjager...

Just ran across it myself quite by accident and am watching right now. It is about halfway through... but it looks like it'll be on again at 10-12pm... and it looks like on Saturday morning at 4:00am-6:00am (PST) on History Channel HD (probably in horrible 16:9 "stretch-o-vision"), they will be showing "Passion for Life."

indyt

I saw it on my channel guide last night. I get the regular history channel. I could not pick up this channel. Bummer!!

sarah navarro

well i was peacefully sleeping one Saturday morning ,and im woken up by my brother yelling "BABY INDIANA JONES IS ON TV!!"and i thought baby indiana jones? So i went to check it out and what do you know the adventures of young Indy were on the history channel at 7:00 am ,so has anybody else watched these? Im not much for them but heck if there on tv i'll watch em:)

hamer

Huh. Well, I have the standard history channel in my basic cable package and I'm seeing it. Maybe it's a regional thing. (but I'm not far away from you, indyt- I'm in Norfolk, VA!)
Anyway, if you're reading this don't disregard if you just have the generic history channel! keep your fingers crossed!

hamer

Missing Episodes?

Hey is it just me or is the history channel skipping every other episode?

F'rinstance here's their lineupof upcoming episodes:

The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones : Attack of the Hawkmen
Airs on Saturday November 10 07:00 AM

The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones : Espionage Escapades
Airs on Saturday November 17 07:00 AM

The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones : Tales of Innocence
Airs on Saturday November 24 07:00 AM

And the chronological list according to Raider.net:

? Chapter 12: Attack of the Hawkmen
Austria - 1917

? Chapter 13: Adventures in the Secret Service
Austria/Russia - 1917

? Chapter 14: Espionage Escapades
Spain/Prague - 1917

? Chapter 15: Daredevils of the Desert
Palestine - 1917

? Chapter 16: Tales of Innocence
Monaco/Italy - 1917

anybody know anything about it?

JasperMoon

has anybody noticed beside me that the History Channels have been airing the young Indiana Jones Chronicles these past few weeks? Early in the morning is when I 've spotted them. Recording them on the DVR and watching later! Hope you can catch some before they're all gone!

Adamwankenobi

History International is having a mini-marathon of Young Indy on May 17. The following episodes (of the "Adventures" re-edits) will be aired, beginning around 9 o'clock that morning:

"My First Adventure"
"Masks of Evil"
"Passion for Life"
"Phantom Train of Doom"
"Attack of the Harkmen"

TalonCard

Adamwankenobi said:
History International is having a mini-marathon of Young Indy on May 17. The following episodes (of the "Adventures" re-edits) will be aired, beginning around 9 o'clock that morning:

"My First Adventure"
"Masks of Evil"
"Passion for Life"
"Phantom Train of Doom"
"Attack of the Harkmen"

Oh sweet! I never got to see all of "Passion" or any of "Hawkmen" before my DVR erased them all. :( I'll have to make sure to catch these!

I'm still hoping for "Winds of Change" and "Love's Sweet Song", but it's a start. ;)

TC

metalinvader

Adamwankenobi said:

"My First Adventure"
"Masks of Evil"
"Passion for Life"
"Phantom Train of Doom"
"Attack of the Harkmen"

Awesome.Thanks for the info.They really need to add 'Loves sweet song" somewhere in the middle and finish off with 'Mystery of the Blues' Just to finish up the marathon in a bang!

tupogirl

I don't have His-I but they have much better things than regular History channel.

I *have* noticed that they seem to be only showing Indy every other weekend.

IndySeven

TalonCard said:
I'm still hoping for "Winds of Change" and "Love's Sweet Song", but it's a start. ;)

TC

Both of those episodes were shown on the History Channel. "Winds of Change" was shown about a month or two ago, while "Love's Sweet Song" was shown late last year.:)

TalonCard

IndySeven said:
Both of those episodes were shown on the History Channel. "Winds of Change" was shown about a month or two ago, while "Love's Sweet Song" was shown late last year.:)

Don't I know it! You see, the sad story is that I had almost all of the Young Indys on DVR...but I went on vacation and returned to find that they'd been deleted. :( So I'll have to wait for them to come 'round again.

TC