Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #951
Burke
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastCrusader
I just noticed this, since this pic is my wallpaper. Who's head is that in the car? It's as if there's a dead guy laying next to Indy, in front of Hurt. This is freaking me out.

http://www.theraider.net/showimage.p...teaser_068.jpg

It looks like the papier-mâché head at the end of "Escape from Alcatraz."
Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #952
mr.wolf
IndyFan

unconscious russian soldier
mr.wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #953
Darth Snape
IndyFan

Even though I am hoping for as little CG as possible, I suspect after seeing the trailer the first shot of the movie is going to have a BIG CG element!

I noticed that the opening shot of the trailer looks like what you'd expect the forested area below the Paramount mountain during the opening logos to look like...I believe that the morph from logo to ________ this film will actually be to pan/zoom down to become the shot we see in the trailer and in essence the logo mountain is CG'd into a "real" mountain...the one Spielberg was looking for in the first Indy so that it appears like text and stars were placed over live footage. Interesting take on the logos. I don't believe CG has been used to blend opening logos and first shot in such a way yet.

TAKE THAT CONTRARY GUESSES!!!
Darth Snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #954
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Snape
Even though I am hoping for as little CG as possible, I suspect after seeing the trailer the first shot of the movie is going to have a BIG CG element!

I noticed that the opening shot of the trailer looks like what you'd expect the forested area below the Paramount mountain during the opening logos to look like...I believe that the morph from logo to ________ this film will actually be to pan/zoom down to become the shot we see in the trailer and in essence the logo mountain is CG'd into a "real" mountain...the one Spielberg was looking for in the first Indy so that it appears like text and stars were placed over live footage. Interesting take on the logos. I don't believe CG has been used to blend opening logos and first shot in such a way yet.

The Paramount Logo fades into Richard Dreyfuss' potato mountain.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #955
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Snape

I think that panning shot will be in the montage that appears while the red line is travelling along the map.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #956
indyjones2131
IndyFan

My favorite thing about the trailer...

Indy running along the tops of the warehouse shelves and swiging on the hanging lights.

Why?

Cause it was in my fan fiction piece Indiana Jones and the Tower of Knowledge - right here on this wonderful sight.

Sure there are a few differences, but as far as I am concerned...I helped to write the new movie.
indyjones2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #957
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Well Koepp did take elements of all the scripts
Perhaps he went online and stole yours?
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #958
|ZiR|
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjones2131
Sure there are a few differences, but as far as I am concerned...I helped to write the new movie.

Yeah but who wants to bet they'll screw you out of a writing credit just like Darabont? That is just soooo typical of Steven.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #959
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Don't take it out on Steven
That man is the source of everything we have
EVERYTHING
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #960
Blue Jay
IndyFan

i was at the movies for the fourth or fifth time since the teaser was released and i still did not see in the theatre.
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #961
Kingsley
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke
It looks like the papier-mâché head at the end of "Escape from Alcatraz."
Well, that solves the Clint Eastwood rumour
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote