First "true" Fan-Preview :-)

Junior Jones

I'm not surprised. Sankara really had no choice but to pan the movie. His only other option would be to admit he was wrong.

Blue Jay

as unbelievable as it may sound to some of you, but sankara is real :D

i know him from a german message board.

he is a pretty big fan of the trilogy and has one the greatest indy collection worldwide, kind of a little museum for he was featured in some newspapers here in germany.

think of him what you will, but you dont have to share his views!!!

it is just his opinion. keep an open mind until you see the movie and see if you share his opinion or not.

i myself find it very hard to believe the negative reviews, but still we have to accept it.

if you like it, than GL and SS job was very well done and if not, we have not lost nothing.
the old trilogy will always be there for us in times of need :whip:

dont take it out an sankara or the way he presents himself as a member of this board.

you dont have to care about it, it is just ONE opinion out of millions!!!!!

... and watch the new tv spot ;)

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
That's actually not too far from the Fridge scene and will probably have the same impact. :D

Probably the same impact as using a dinghy to survive a 100 foot fall or having a 900 year old knight still being alive had.

No Ticket

Why come on the board DAYS before the movie comes out just to tell people you think it sucks. You could've waited to say this... are you trying to get everyone's hopes down? Are you trying to look special because you got to see it already? This will not keep people from seeing it, so what was the point?

Take your negativity and shove it. I am not walking into that theater expecting it to suck.

Dr.Sartorius

Sankara said:
Hi!

You all know me as one of the biggest Indy-Fans on this planet. I've got a really big Indy-Collection...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=11117

I traveld to the locations of "Indy"-Movies...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10815

and I... okay... you have to see it...

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12556

I just watched "Indy 4" in Hamburg, because I'm working for an Radio-Station Germany. This movie is a desaster... It's a nightmare for many-many Indy-Fans.... I can't believe that anybody said "Wow! Great Script!!!"

This May is a very sad Month for all Indy-Fans...

So when are you going to see the movie?

Perhilion

"First true Fan-Preview"?? So what, the other Raven members who have seen the movie and like it aren't true fans? What about the critics who actually know what they are talking about, who are fans themselves, who still like it? So, according to you, I'm only an Indy fan if I agree with you, because obviously anyone who would spend so much money on junk to collect dust, and so much time desperately trying to look like Harrison Ford, and so many posts bashing a movie not yet released just because you think your version is better; obviously someone who does all that knows what they are talking about. Well, if those are the qualifications, then ban me now 'cause I aint' drinking the Kali blood.

|ZiR|

I'm not at all surprised that Sankara wasn't pleased with the movie, seeing how adverse he was to the idea of
Indy's son.
Sorry, man. Them's the brakes. :(

And I think people are overreacting just a wee bit about this. To be perfectly honest, I really don't like all the hivemind-ery I've been seeing here recently. It's like you either have to embrace everything about Indy IV, or you GTFO. It's as if suddenly no one's allowed to share their opinions unless those opinions happen to put KotCS in the best light.

Perhilion

It's like you either have to embrace everything about Indy IV, or you GTFO. It's as if suddenly no one's allowed to share their opinions unless those opinions happen to put KotCS in the best light.
hmmm.....someone forgot to lace your coffee with the black blood of Kali. Ahem. No,no,of course not! Say whatever you want, I don't mind! It's your opinion! Say, thirsty?

tocksic

Sankara is coolest. One might not is liking his egocentric behavoir, but he TRUE FAN! Iiiiii like!

(y)

borativ4.jpg

Indy Jones

|ZiR| said:
And I think people are overreacting just a wee bit about this. To be perfectly honest, I really don't like all the hivemind-ery I've been seeing here recently. It's like you either have to embrace everything about Indy IV, or you GTFO. It's as if suddenly no one's allowed to share their opinions unless those opinions happen to put KotCS in the best light.

It's nothing even close to that. Everyone's against Sankara because he's hating KOTCS just because.

|ZiR| said:
I'm not at all surprised that Sankara wasn't pleased with the movie, seeing how adverse he was to the idea of
Indy's son.
Sorry, man. Them's the brakes. :(

Right on the money.

Though you must admit that this topic is amusing; a bit of a circus, really. Sankara reminds me of a circus clown--he voluntarily parades himself around for everyone to laugh at. You must ask yourself how much of this is a ruse... I mean surely no real person could be so self-assured?

Of course he'd post a topic like this. It's obvious and that's why it's so funny. It's the culmination of a year of pessimism... it's sort of anti-climactic... hollow... pathetic and that's funny. In the aftermath of the disaster, all you can do is sit back and chuckle at the ride.

Raiders90

ResidentAlien said:
Right on the money.

Though you must admit that this topic is amusing; a bit of a circus, really. Sankara reminds me of a circus clown--he voluntarily parades himself around for everyone to laugh at. You must ask yourself how much of this is a ruse... I mean surely no real person could be so self-assured?

Of course he'd post a topic like this. It's obvious and that's why it's so funny. It's the culmination of a year of pessimism... it's sort of anti-climactic... hollow... pathetic and that's funny. In the aftermath of the disaster, all you can do is sit back and chuckle at the ride.

So you feel Indy 4 is a disaster?

Raiders90

ResidentAlien said:
I haven't seen it yet.

I was speaking in analogy. Didn't express myself as succinctly as I intended.

Oh, my apologies then.
I do think Sankara is a bit of an ass though--parading himself as a ''true'' fan. It's kind of ridiculous. IMO, there's only fans...and then then those who aren't fans.

|ZiR|

ResidentAlien said:
Right on the money.

Well he's certainly very earnest in all says, and I like that about him. He seems to always manage at least one exclamation mark in every post, too, which I think is cute, as is his odd way of phrasing things. I don't intend to come off as condescending in my remarks either. I genuinely tend to enjoy most of what Sankara posts; I think the Raven would be different without him.

It is what I'd have expected from him, yes. What I did not expect was the backlash.

Sankara's alledgedly seen the film when the majority of the board haven't, and instead of asking questions or adding their own views, apparently everyone decided to gang up and make fun of him, which just reeks of immaturity to me. But hey, this is the Internet - that's what happens, and I admit that this thread would not have been nearly as entertaining had it not turned out this way. Maybe I'm the one at fault for expecting better from the Raven.

|ZiR| said:
Well he's certainly very earnest in all says, and I like that about him. He seems to always manage at least one exclamation mark in every post, too, which I think is cute, as is his odd way of phrasing things. I don't intend to come off as condescending in my remarks either. I genuinely tend to enjoy most of what Sankara posts; I think the Raven would be different without him.

It is what I'd have expected from him, yes. What I did not expect was the backlash.

Sankara's alledgedly seen the film when the majority of the board haven't, and instead of asking questions or adding their own views, apparently everyone decided to gang up and make fun of him, which just reeks of immaturity to me. But hey, this is the Internet - that's what happens, and I admit that this thread would not have been nearly as entertaining had it not turned out this way. Maybe I'm the one at fault for expecting better from the Raven.

Don't expect much from the Raven... people will be people, after all.

Though I don't fault them on this. Sankara's post was so self-assured... he brought on his own backlash. And some did ask questions (myself included... though admittedly in a tongue-in-cheek manner). Sankara either didn't answer or answered with more "everyone will hate it" crap.

|ZiR|

ResidentAlien said:
Don't expect much from the Raven... people will be people, after all.

Though I don't fault them on this. Sankara's post was so self-assured... he brought on his own backlash. And some did ask questions (myself included... though admittedly in a tongue-in-cheek manner). Sankara either didn't answer or answered with more "everyone will hate it" crap.

Can't argue with that. Officially stepping down off my white horse and out of this thread.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Even so, could you imagine what he'll do to anyone who says they think the film is brilliant. :rolleyes: I'm guessing that's what will happen tomorrow when and if I feel that way after seeing it.;)