Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford for Oscar?

Ericjones

I know it sounded crazy but think about it : If IJ4 do exceedingly well at boxoffice and there are campaigns to push for it to win academy awards why not?
If Lord of the Ring can win Peter Jackson best movie and best director , why not Indiana Jones which, after nearly 20 years managed to bring back the characters that we love?
If Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' (American remake of the 2002 Hong Kong crime thriller Infernal Affairs) can win four Academy Awards at the 79th Academy Awards, which in fact is a way of honouring Martin Scorsese life long contribution to the movie industry.Why not Indiana Jones? Harrison Ford managed to play out a character which is not just inspiring but truly original and GL, SS managed to make a movie that not just captured our imagination but bring it to life and made it a part of our life.

When people are willing to watch a movie for more than 5 times while it is showing regardless of how good or bad, it goes to show that the movie has truly transcended the silver screen and be a part of their life, in another word Indiana Jones movie should win academy awards simply because it has impacted our life.

Let's make this a reality.

Ericjones said:
I know it sounded crazy but think about it : If IJ4 do exceedingly well at boxoffice and there are campaigns to push for it to win academy awards why not?
If Lord of the Ring can win Peter Jackson best movie and best director , why not Indiana Jones which, after nearly 20 years managed to bring back the characters that we love?
If Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' (American remake of the 2002 Hong Kong crime thriller Infernal Affairs) can win four Academy Awards at the 79th Academy Awards, which in fact is a way of honouring Martin Scorsese life long contribution to the movie industry.Why not Indiana Jones? Harrison Ford managed to play out a character which is not just inspiring but truly original and GL, SS managed to make a movie that not just captured our imagination but bring it to life and made it a part of our life.

When people are willing to watch a movie for more than 5 times while it is showing regardless of how good or bad, it goes to show that the movie has truly transcended the silver screen and be a part of their life, in another word Indiana Jones movie should win academy awards simply because it has impacted our life.

You are one sick fanboy!

This movie was 2 hours of pain!!!

UKIndyFan

Movies like 300 and Superbad required multiple viewings cos of how awesome they are but certainly not Oscar material. Well 300, maybe

Jim Tigernuts

Maybe for Raiders or Last Crusade, but certainly not for KOTCS. His performance was quite weak in comparison to former glories. Saddens me to say it, but I think he's just not got the drive anymore.

Forrestal1972

Ericjones said:

OMG, you're insane!

Blue Jay

bash bash bash bash bash....

is that all you can do? this is no thread to review this movie or to post your opinion, it was a serious question!

i think that at least in the technical categories is the possibility of a nomination:editing, sound editing, set decoration something like that.

Forrestal1972

Blue Jay said:
bash bash bash bash bash....

is that all you can do? this is no thread to review this movie or to post your opinion, it was a serious question!

i think that at least in the technical categories is the possibility of a nomination:editing, sound editing, set decoration something like that.
I don't know if you were referring to my reply or everyone's, but I assumed you meant the technical categories (as the movie doesn't stand a chance in the artistic ones should as acting, directing, ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY, etc). I think the effects were so,so. The lighting was great, if you are Michael Bay that is. And the sound was... well, the sound was pretty good actually.

Dust McAlan

If Kingdom doesn't win Best Special Effects, it will be a sad day in film history. These were some of the best special effects I've seen EVER.

That said, it wasn't Oscar-worthy acting or writing, so I don't think that is possible. Technical Oscars are very possible, however.