Kamp hollywood!

mutt willams

Hey, is anyone here, intrested in film production or acting? well if you are you should check out Kamp Hollywood (yes, with a "K") its an exiting summer camp that provides kids with all the backround they need to make a short film, and a commercial in just one week. i went there last week and had a great time, we got to make a short eight minuite film in just a week and a thirty second commercial. we won everything, except best actor.... but if you or your kids are interested in film production or acting you should check out Kamp Hollywood at Kamphollywood.com. it dosent start agian till next summer, but spots fill up fast. (y) (is anyone here interested in film or production?)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Any summer camp that utilizes electricity is missing the point.
Send kids to Outward Bound where they can catch, kill, cook and enjoy chickens.
Employers, especially in Hollywood, love that sort of experience.

The Drifter

Moedred said:
Any summer camp that utilizes electricity is missing the point.
Send kids to Outward Bound where they can catch, kill, cook and enjoy chickens.
Employers, especially in Hollywood, love that sort of experience.

I think that that sounds like fun.

The Drifter

mutt willams said:
well.............. ok, um are any of you interested in film production or acting? (plus its from ages 8 to 18)

I am much too old for this sadly. But, I have always secretly wished to be a set-designer. Nobody really appriates the detail that goes into designed a good set.

mutt willams

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I am much too old for this sadly. But, I have always secretly wished to be a set-designer. Nobody really appriates the detail that goes into designed a good set.

I do, everyone that works on a movie, deserves credit, and if one person messes up then the movie sucks

Coronado

Sadly, at my 'ancient' age of 28 (29 soon!), I'm probably too old for Kamp Hollywood. But I am two weeks away from starting a BA degree in Screenwriting in Los Angeles, woohoo! (y)

-Coronado

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Working as a PA on a fim or show or video is summer camp for adults.
Food, clothing and often lodging are provided, plus they pay.

roundshort

good for you mutt! Glad you had fun. The early you can learn the better. If you decide that is what you want to do, you go to school for it with an open mind, and not be a typical college clown with NO experience that thinks they know it all. Keep it up! I just went to sports camp as a kid, at least they got me ready for the USMC.