Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

Nurhachi1991

He played Rorschach in Watchmen right?

I just hope they dont make Freddy a happy go lucky guy that gets wrongly accused.

Why doesnt Hollywood just reboot the series in our day and age with Robert as Freddy K?

Why rehash the SAME story again?

DocWhiskey

He's NOT wrongly accused.

You guys will laugh at this story.

My friend and I are HUGE NOES fans and they weren't filming to far from us. We went to a high school they were filming at one night and found some production trucks and trailers. And that's it. The next day they were gone. Except there were a few trash bags left behind in their place. So we did what any fan would do in this situation.

WE WENT THROUGH THEIR TRASH.

And we found the script. Seriously. I was complaining to my friend calling him crazy for doing this and the first thing he yanks out is the script. We also found call sheets, ALL THE CASTS E-MAIL and PHONE NUMBERS, and a green sweater with 4 slash marks with an attached blood pack.

We were freaked out. Halfway through our digging, cops came by and asked what the hell we were doing. We told them the truth, "We're huge NOES nerds and this is their trash." The cops laughed and left us alone.

Anyway, we read the script that night. Honestly it was nothing that special, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway about the WRONGLY ACCUSED thing, that was a cool part. The whole movie makes you believe that Freddy was innocent. That the reason he's doing this is because he was wrongly accused. But the "twist" at the end was that you find out he molested and murdered tons of preschoolers.

Plus my friend I was with got to be a stand in for the character Quentin in the movie. He got to see Jackie in all his Freddy glory. He said he likes Robert's look better, but when the lighting was right Jackie looked amazing. And he was genuinely scary. And all this is coming from 2 huge Nightmare fans.

Nurhachi1991

DocWhiskey said:
He's NOT wrongly accused.

My friend and I are HUGE NOES fans and they weren't filming to far from us. We went to a high school they were filming at one night and found some production trucks and trailers. And that's it. The next day they were gone. Except there were a few trash bags left behind in their place. So we did what any fan would do in this situation.

And we found the script. Seriously. I was complaining to my friend calling him crazy for doing this and the first thing he yanks out is the script. We also found call sheets, ALL THE CASTS E-MAIL and PHONE NUMBERS, and a green sweater with 4 slash marks with an attached blood pack.

We were freaked out. Halfway through our digging, cops came by and asked what the hell we were doing. We told them the truth, "We're huge NOES nerds and this is their trash." The cops laughed and left us alone.

Anyway, we read the script that night. Honestly it was nothing that special, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway about the WRONGLY ACCUSED thing, that was a cool part. The whole movie makes you believe that Freddy was innocent. That the reason he's doing this is because he was wrongly accused. But the "twist" at the end was that you find out he molested and murdered tons of preschoolers.

Plus my friend I was with got to be a stand in for the character Quentin in the movie. He got to see Jackie in all his Freddy glory. He said he likes Robert's look better, but when the lighting was right Jackie looked amazing. And he was genuinely scary. And all this is coming from 2 huge Nightmare fans.

Pics or it diddn't happen ;)

DocWhiskey

Nurhachi1991 said:
Pics or it diddn't happen ;)

Nurhachi, you know me, I don't bull****. Take my word for it. I got better things to do than make up Nightmare on Elm street stories on an Indiana Jones board.

deckard24

Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Well that's much better then him being innocent, which would've been lame! Thanks for the insight Doc!:hat:
DocWhiskey said:

That's awesome, do you still have the script?

Dr Bones

S'funny I just picked up the box set of NOES.

The new look makeup is better IMO. Looks more like a burn victm but stays quite faitful to the look...i.e the wardrobe. Original Freddy makeup was pretty poor in the original and got only marginally better through the series whilst the films got worse. They didn't even really bother with burns on Freddy's chest in NOES 1!

They are a guilty pleasure though and I alway found them campy and funny rather than scary...so a genuine scary Freddy would be great.

I agree with Englund's decision not to put on the glove for a ninth time. What else could he really do with the chartacter we haven't seen? Plus I found Englund too hammy in everything I ever saw him in so maybe Jackie Earle Haley can bring somethimg new (other than the grinch voice! I agree with you there Youneverknow, LOL!)

Whilst the original makeup was pretty unrealistic...I would still love one of these for halloween....

http://www.compositeeffects.com/sm_toasty.htm

Nurhachi1991

DocWhiskey said:
Nurhachi, you know me, I don't bull****. Take my word for it. I got better things to do than make up Nightmare on Elm street stories on an Indiana Jones board.

Hahaha no I believe you but could you post a pic of the sweater? That sounds awesome! I love movie props

DocWhiskey

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hahaha no I believe you but could you post a pic of the sweater? That sounds awesome! I love movie props

Here you go....

2hhobpw.jpg

2h2gop4.jpg

2iiaebl.jpg

deckard24

DocWhiskey said:
Naw, it's a fake. It's a photoshopped picture of Jackie from Little Children. My friend seen him for HOURS in the makeup and said he looks nothing like that.
If it was legit, that would've been pretty creepy!

I'm really curious to see the finished product. And as cool as that "apparent" leaked photo is, a behind the scenes pic of Haley in the makeup chair, will not be remotely the same as a post production shot with proper lighting and CGI tweaking.

Doc, those are great props man!(y)

DocWhiskey

metalinvader said:
Here is the first Nightmare On Elm Street remake review and it has quite a few problems (spoilers)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42932

It looks like they're aiming for a PG-13 raiting...

Meh. I don't know what to think. Sounds legit. The script IS pretty lackluster from what I've read.

I'm guessing this film will be pretty mediocre but Haley will be good as always.

But here's to a better movie!

EddyW

It might not be fair to say that's a bad design because it's a toy, but let's calculate some loss of design in the transition from film to toy version and compare it to a toy version of Old Freddy:
freddyface.jpg

Freddy-hs-o.jpg

That first dude looks like pudding...

TheMutt92

I heard they were trying to go for a more realisitc approach. So I guess this is what we get. But we won't really know till we see an official photo...