General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy Jones

After Harry's broken leg, I'm pretty certain now that he won't play Indy again. Even when he fully recovers if he could pull it off, the leg will be a sign to Disney that, even if they were entertaining the idea of Harrison playing Indy in the next flick, it's time for him to move on. Someone here pointed out that who would want to insure him after that, considering Indy requires more physicality than Han Solo?

I don't think we're not getting another film, but now I figure it won't be with Harrison. They'll probably (hopefully) set the next film earlier in the timeline and fit it between some previous adventures, with a new actor. I'd be fine with that as lnog as they picked the right guy.

Indy's brother

Indy Jones said:
After Harry's broken leg, I'm pretty certain now that he won't play Indy again. Even when he fully recovers if he could pull it off, the leg will be a sign to Disney that, even if they were entertaining the idea of Harrison playing Indy in the next flick, it's time for him to move on. Someone here pointed out that who would want to insure him after that, considering Indy requires more physicality than Han Solo?

I don't think we're not getting another film, but now I figure it won't be with Harrison. They'll probably (hopefully) set the next film earlier in the timeline and fit it between some previous adventures, with a new actor. I'd be fine with that as lnog as they picked the right guy.

Wether or not Ford is past his shelf-life for Indy is relative to what an individual fan believes or want to see. It's got nothing to do with an object falling on his leg and breaking it, which could happen to anyone, at any age. I can't think of a real reason why this would change his insurability, unless he's permanently disabled from his injury. Even then, the use of stuntmen is no big secret.

micsteam

Ford was hurt on Raiders with the Flying Wing rolling over his knee ( severe ligament tear) and then TOD had a major back injury that he had to fly back to the states for treatment put shooting back a month or two. Really you guys think, ankle or leg depending on which report you hear, is grounds he couldn't pull off another Indy movie ?? Whatever

Attila the Professor

Staff member
micsteam said:
Ford was hurt on Raiders with the Flying Wing rolling over his knee ( severe ligament tear) and then TOD had a major back injury that he had to fly back to the states for treatment put shooting back a month or two. Really you guys think, ankle or leg depending on which report you hear, is grounds he couldn't pull off another Indy movie ?? Whatever

Don't believe everything Indy tells you: sometimes it <I>is</I> the years.

Grizzlor

Indy's brother said:
Wether or not Ford is past his shelf-life for Indy is relative to what an individual fan believes or want to see. It's got nothing to do with an object falling on his leg and breaking it, which could happen to anyone, at any age. I can't think of a real reason why this would change his insurability, unless he's permanently disabled from his injury. Even then, the use of stuntmen is no big secret.

That's correct, the fault lies with the production crew. Honestly, unless he has permanent pain like you say, I don't think this tempers his motivation for Indiana Jones, but even without this injury the types of stunts he would be allowed to do these days are not what he did 20, 30 years ago. There's zero chance of him being allowed to do the stunts he did for Raiders, heck, they might not let any screen actor do that stuff now.

If I know harrison this little set back will just make him more determined to do Indy 5, he's got dameged his entire career. He's as tough as old boots, he would probably need a stunt man for the next one get Vic Armstrong back to do the stunts again..and we are good to go, those two look like twins anyway.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Túrin Turambar said:
... get Vic Armstrong back to do the stunts again..and we are good to go, those two look like twins anyway.

...'cause nothin' says ACTION! like a 67 year old stuntman.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I see a slew of puns coming.

Montana Smith said:
:D

Who's Vic Armstrong's stunt double?

Stretch Armstrong?
stretch-armstrong-responsive-622x419.jpeg

Montana Smith

Olliana said:
Big Indy announcement soon?

http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18487778.html

It says that Disney will spit out further details and a release date pretty soon, as well as plans for video games and whatnot, but ominous "media reports" seem to be their only source, so take it with a grain of [movie with Angelina Jolie].

..."Twilight" star Robert Pattinson possible Harrison Ford replacement

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yTR7V-HhjOc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

curmudgeon

I keep hoping that someone will ask about the Indy/Paramount deal in one of Disney's investor calls or at the Exec's conference appearances (like the one being held later today.)

Regardless of any film announcements (whatever form another film may take) I'd love to hear more about what kind of financial participation Paramount would receive. (Royalties? An advance fee per film?)

TheFedora

curmudgeon said:
Same bull the extra-trashy tabloid/click bait sites have been posting for months...

When I look up Indiana Jones in 'google news' I get:

1. Two indy sequels are left on Ford's contract
2. Apparently Pratt is a front runner

Still don't think it's likely and they will probably want to wait until they start doing star wars promotion to announce anything Indy related.