Indiana Jones And The Issue Of Safety.

Was anyone else breaking out in cold sweats when they were making KOTCS incase Harrison injured himself -or worse -was killed while making the film? Be honest, now, it must have crossed some peoples minds? I think it would have been in the back of every fans mind - somewhere. Go on, tell me I was being paranoid!
:)

Arab Swordsman

herr gruber said:
Was anyone else breaking out in cold sweats when they were making KOTCS incase Harrison injured himself -or worse -was killed while making the film?

Yeah, an actor getting killed filming a movie was tops on my list of concerns. What a goofy thread.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's not, y'know, outside the realm of possibility. He's been badly injured during the films before, he insists on doing his own stunts, he's rather older now than he used to be (and now he's even older!) - sure, it's a valid concern.

TheLastCrusader said:
I remember something about the whip not being permitted because of safety regulations... what happened to that?

Apparently, they got round that regulation by letting Calista have a part in the film....

No Ticket

I thought he might die a natural death.... he is 65... from just over exerting himself too much maybe. Either way, I knew it wasn't probable. But we all have to admit it was possible.

I'm sure Harrison is in better shape than that. But still, people die naturally from around that age and up. Who knows. But I mostly figured nothing would happen.

oki9Sedo

He tore his ACL on Raiders and herniated his back on Temple of Doom, and the reason he made speedy recoveries those times was because he was young and fit. He would not recover as well from such injuries now, so I was definitely concerned about it.

deckard24

oki9Sedo said:
He tore his ACL on Raiders and herniated his back on Temple of Doom, and the reason he made speedy recoveries those times was because he was young and fit. He would not recover as well from such injuries now, so I was definitely concerned about it.
Good point! He was young and fit, and his youthful immune system would have given that edge to bounce back from injury. I honestly might have thought of it once or twice, but I wasn't overly concerned considering Ford's expertise in the area. Yeah, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later after all those years of stunts, but it could have been worse!

Besides, we all know what a cautious fellow he is!;)

oki9Sedo

deckard24 said:
Good point! He was young and fit, and his youthful immune system would have given that edge to bounce back from injury. I honestly might have thought of it once or twice, but I wasn't overly concerned considering Ford's expertise in the area. Yeah, he was bound to get hurt sooner or later after all those years of stunts, but it could have been worse!

I haven't actually heard of him being injured on this one. Whatever about cuts and bruises, but nothing serious.

deckard24 said:

:D

DoomsdayFAN

herr gruber said:
Was anyone else breaking out in cold sweats when they were making KOTCS incase Harrison injured himself -or worse -was killed while making the film? Be honest, now, it must have crossed some peoples minds? I think it would have been in the back of every fans mind - somewhere. Go on, tell me I was being paranoid!
:)

You are paranoid!

Spielberg and Lucas are not going to let their star get hurt. Anything is possible, but they did all that they could to avoid him getting hurt... and he wasnt.

ReggieSnake

Never crossed my mind; I think it's awesome he's still doing his own stunts though. Harrison is such a great actor!(y)

herr gruber said:

Well, I have to admit I thought about such a possibility a couple of times. But never to the point of "cold sweats". :)

deckard24 said:

That was good. (y)