Lucasfilm "spark" sound effect

Lon

It was great seeing many of the Ben Burtt sound effects carry forward in Crystal Skull. The punches, bullet ricochets and even that creature "chirp" heard at the beginning of Raiders that Spielberg cites in the sound featurette on the first DVD.

One sound effect I've always loved is the "spark" effect. I guess that's a good name for it. Does anyone know if there's an official name for it? In Crystal Skull its heard has the door to the military warehouse is shorted out. It's also heard in most, if not all, Lucasfilm movies. I know it's in all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies.

A good example is Luke Skywalker slashing the underbelly of the AT-AT during the Hoth battle in Empire Strikes Back.

Blue Jay

did not notice that, but i will keep my eyes open, ahh ears for the second viewing :D

I loved the wilhelm scream from one of the students in the library ;)

just great!

Lon

Oh yeah I forgot about the Wilhelm scream. I did notice it and it was more subtle than the other movies.

martinland

Lon said:
It was great seeing many of the Ben Burtt sound effects carry forward in Crystal Skull. The punches, bullet ricochets
And there were many more retro sound fx:

Had to smile when I heard the "wooden ruler" sound as the tree snapped back...

...and then grinned during the finale because I recognized the crunching/crumbling sound of the grail temple falling apart as well as the column there...

Way to go Mr. Burtt! :whip: