Smith and Wesson 2nd Model Hand Ejector

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Here's mine, does anybody else have one besides me? :D
sw3.jpg

sw1.jpg

indystuff.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.HenryJonesJr

I'm not a big fan of posting pics of myself, but I'll do it this once.
I have a different holster in this pic, one that I painstakingly cut short and sewed back together with a leather awl, beeswax and cotton string to be the correct length from IMA. A Lee Kepler took it's place, excellent holster being that it's used for a real pistol.

cave.jpg

Mickiana

All looks very good and authentic, Dr HJ Jr. Where did you get the whip? It looks spot on (like all the other gear).

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Mickiana said:
All looks very good and authentic, Dr HJ Jr. Where did you get the whip? It looks spot on (like all the other gear).

I went with a high quality whip from U.S. Wings back in...2002? It's almost half the price of a David Morgan, but just as good in my opinion. Still a bit pricy but very worth it. They no longer carry them by the look of it. With a little digging, it turns out they were made by Mark Allen. Mine's a 10ft. 12-Plait Australian whip in dark brown. (12 ft. with fall and cracker)
Which you can conveniently buy here: :D

http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WSP&Product_Code=WI&Category_Code=IJC

After jogging my memory a bit, I believe that the holster I have for my raiders gun I got from him also, in fact I'm sure of it. The Kepler is nice too, but it would cant on my belt just a bit too far forward, so I found the Mark Allen one, unknowing that he actually made my whip as well. Cool! (or his staff)

Long story short(I hope) my first attempt at a radiers gun came in the form of a .38 Special, Model 10 S&W with a broken hammer, that I replaced and with the old style grips.(very hard to find by the way) it looked close, but it just wasn't "the" gun. So, I found a VERY nice factory reblued 2nd model and proceeded to take a hack saw to it's barrel. (fit of insanity) I silver soldered on the new front sight and recrowned and cold blued the barrel tip and sight. Not a bad job, but it could stand to be refinished to a deeper glossy blue. (barrel tip) Guess I'll show off again, here's the .38 Special in the Kepler (left) and the .455 (.45 ACP w/half moon clips) in the Mark Allen (right)
sw5.jpg

.38 special (bottom) and .455 (notice I have yet to put a lanyard loop on the .38)
sw4.jpg

P.S. the whip is awesome, I use it all the time, lately I've been over cranking it and keep snapping my crackers off of the fall right after I tie them on. :mad: The replacement falls/crackers I get from David Morgan along with Picard's leather dressing for treating the whip.

Last edited:

Dr.HenryJonesJr

windgirlcruse said:
you really look like the great Indiana Jones in that picture.:hat: :D

Thanks!

Check out my whip cracking action! :whip:
(short abridged video of me cracking my whip in costume) -47 seconds
FYI. This is a few years old and I've learned quite a bit more since then,
The costume part I did at an apartment complex I was living in at the time, needless to say I felt pretty stupid and people started to come outside after those few overhead cracks, being that it sounds like .22 rifle going off. That's why I laugh at the end.
-click on the image to play-

For those who don't know, that's the live recording, the whip really does sound like that.

Last edited:

Ghostsoldier

indyclone25

very ggod sound coming out of that whip --- i need to get to work on my 14 ft bullwhip to get it cracking --- i can get my tenft bullwhip cracking back in the 80's but the extra four ft has been a challange ----

Gear

Dr.HJ Junior, that is a nice piece of machinary, and a magnificant gear collection.

Dr.HenryJonesJr

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
cool stuff...
we have nearly the same nickname *lol*

I noticed that the other day. I laughed too. Great minds think alike.
I'm not that active on the forums so, people just need to watch out for the second period I guess.

Dr.HenryJonesJr

bapty45 said:
that revolver is spot on, where did you find the .455? do you have any more pics?

Well, I could take more, what would you like to see/know?
There is no real secret to it, you just have to possess the nerve to take a hacksaw to a perfectly good gun. I got it off an auction online in 2003? from here: http://www.gunsamerica.com They will ship to the FFL(gun dealer) of your choice. As I recall it cost me a pretty penny or two.