What's Happening!

What has happened to our Society?

Everytime I turn around theres, and out right stupid movies like 17 Again, violent video games like Wet, shoting games and movies, sex drug games and movies like, Grand Deft auto, Sex in the City, The Twiilight and so much more. Why can't everyone enjoy Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Get Smart, Lego Indy, Lego Star Wars, Batman, Superman, Leave it to Beaver, Guy Williams Zorro, Two Brothers, Old Yeller, Facing the Giants, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Peter Ostrum things like that.

I would love to hear what everyone els thinks.

(NOTE Everyone can share there own ideas)

Hawkeye

IndyWolf15 said:
What has happened to our Society?

Everytime I turn around theres, and out right stupid movies like 17 Again, violent video games like Wet, shoting games and movies, sex drug games and movies like, Grand Deft auto, Sex in the City, The Twiilight and so much more. Why can't everyone enjoy Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Get Smart, Lego Indy, Lego Star Wars, Batman, Superman, Leave it to Beaver, Guy Williams Zorro, Two Brothers, Old Yeller, Facing the Giants, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Peter Ostrum things like that.

I would love to hear what everyone els thinks.

(NOTE Everyone can share there own ideas)

Our society is getting better. Not everything needs to be family-friendly and bright and sunny, Rod. Or are you Todd? I never could figure that one out. Chill out, for fck's sake.

Hawkeye said:
Our society is getting better. Not everything needs to be family-friendly and bright and sunny, Rod. Or are you Todd? I never could figure that one out. Chill out, for fck's sake.
If our society was getting better why are murders getting worse, commiting suicide, stealing, rapping, children having babies, people dying right after another, I'm sorry to say this but our society is getting worse everyday.

Agent Crab

WTF?

How is Twilight the fall of human kind? Sex in the City? WTF?

Video games aren't the fall of Society. It's bad parenting that causes a child to become unruly.

I grew up on Beavis and Butthead and Ren and Stimpy. I didn'r become violent, stupid or misbehaved. Grant it that we did all misbehave as a kid, since that is part of growing up.

Every place has murders, drugs, etc etc. You can't change it.

Chill out, jeeze. Go play on your DSi or something!

Todd was the youngest one. Indywolf is Todd. Reedeem is Rod.

I am starting to think they're trolls now.

Agent Crab said:
WTF?

How is Twilight the fall of human kind? Sex in the City? WTF?

Video games aren't the fall of Society. It's bad parenting that causes a child to become unruly.

I grew up on Beavis and Butthead and Ren and Stimpy. I didn'r become violent, stupid or misbehaved. Grant it that we did all misbehave as a kid, since that is part of growing up.

Every place has murders, drugs, etc etc. You can't change it.

Chill out, jeeze. Go play on your DSi or something!

Todd was the youngest one. Indywolf is Todd. Reedeem is Rod.

I am starting to think they're trolls now.
Ahh yes, it all starts in the home, and if the child keeps disobeying this is what will happen, lying then stealing then murder. Your right we have all disboyed our parents, we are not perfect. But! We can try to do better. And yes we can't stop bad things like Sex in the City or other bad things because we have unruly people who are stubbern and not willing to giveanything a try.Answer me this would Jesus watch or play Sex in the City or Grand Deftauto?

BTW I am on my DSi.

(Note All video games and movies are not bad, some are bad and some are not bad.)

Robyn

I knew you wouldn't like your responses here my friend, but basically you just have to not let the things in the entertainment biz that you don't like bother you.. and remember that we don't live in lala land..

I personally hate Leave it to Beaver lol Some family films I love, some I hate.

I'm a Christian too, but some of my favorite films happen to be rated R, such as Aliens and True Lies. Would you look down upon me for that?

After all Indiana Jones has quite a few not so family like parts as well.;)

Agent Crab

I don't know what child is raised perfect in life. Considering most children are unrly. Even with good parenting.

Don't blame stuff like Twilight, Violent Movies and video games on people's behaviour. Those are not to be used as a scapgoat.

Why in the bloody blue hells do you always bring in Jesus, God and religion in here? Are you that sheltered in real life?

Like Robyn has said. I do know some belivers who watch R rated movies and enjoy a violent video game or two. It's their buinsess, not yours. If some church goer wants to watch Saving Pirvate Ryan, Tropic Thunder or even read an errotic novel on a rainy friday night, let them.

You're actin' like everything needs to be dumbed down and enjoyed by the family.

Wanna know why some kids are unruly. It's bad parenting! Not video games, not books like Twilight. It's the parents themselves are to blame.

I have a better forum for you, where you can pretty much have everyone agree with you. Tamatalk and Neopets. Both seem to be suited for your alley.

Why is it that you feel the need to bring god and Jesus in arguments? When some users on here are non belivers. Are non belivers bad people as well?

RedeemedChild

Look sis why the heck would ya make a thread like this when there is no need for one? Lay off and mind your own. Don't be a nag.

Besides our society is improving in some aspects. And for every improvement there is a regression.

If Christians were to actually act like Christians then perhaps our world be a lot better?

I am always fascinated by these words of Ghandi.

"Yes I am. I am also a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist and a Jew"

"As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side."

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
I don't know what child is raised perfect in life. Considering most children are unrly. Even with good parenting.

Don't blame stuff like Twilight, Violent Movies and video games on people's behaviour. Those are not to be used as a scapgoat.

Why in the bloody blue hells do you always bring in Jesus, God and religion in here? Are you that sheltered in real life?

Like Robyn has said. I do know some belivers who watch R rated movies and enjoy a violent video game or two. It's their buinsess, not yours. If some church goer wants to watch Saving Pirvate Ryan, Tropic Thunder or even read an errotic novel on a rainy friday night, let them.

You're actin' like everything needs to be dumbed down and enjoyed by the family.

Wanna know why some kids are unruly. It's bad parenting! Not video games, not books like Twilight. It's the parents themselves are to blame.

I have a better forum for you, where you can pretty much have everyone agree with you. Tamatalk and Neopets. Both seem to be suited for your alley.

Why is it that you feel the need to bring god and Jesus in arguments? When some users on here are non belivers. Are non belivers bad people as well?

Thanks for not beating up on Twilight Agent Crab. You're a nice kind of guy and I hope to one day meet you face to face.

I like some of your opinions and views to. You seem to have quite a good philosophy as well.

Robyn said:
I knew you wouldn't like your responses here my friend, but basically you just have to not let the things in the entertainment biz that you don't like bother you.. and remember that we don't live in lala land..

I personally hate Leave it to Beaver lol Some family films I love, some I hate.

I'm a Christian too, but some of my favorite films happen to be rated R, such as Aliens and True Lies. Would you look down upon me for that?

After all Indiana Jones has quite a few not so family like parts as well.;)
Uh yes I do not agree with you sad to say my dear friend :D. And I never hinted I hated people for the things they like Robyn and Agent Crab. And lets get this right here! I never want you to call me Todd, you can call me Tiffany, Tiff, Avalon or Indywolf15. I don't call you names just because your a pagan or pokfun of you. Just like you hold to your religon which is not believing in Jesus Christ, the same with me, I will not denie my God. If I choose to talk about thats fine, if you don't like what I say then don't say anything.

Just because somethings bad does not mean its ok.
(NOTE I do not look down on anyone who likes or dislikes something.)

Robyn

Agent Crab said:

That's very true, this isn't a Christian forum, it's an Indiana Jones board. To tell you the truth Agent Crab, between the believers and non-believers that I've known in my life, the non-believers have treated me with much more kindness.

And Tiff, I have never called you Todd or Rod, I don't call people names.

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
Uh yes I do not agree with you sad to say my dear friend :D. And I never hinted I hated people for the things they like Robyn and Agent Crab. And lets get this right here! I never want you to call me Todd, you can call me Tiffany, Tiff, Avalon or Indywolf15. I don't call you names just because your a pagan or pokfun of you. Just like you hold to your religon which is not believing in Jesus Christ, the same with me, I will not denie my God. If I choose to talk about thats fine, if you don't like what I say then don't say anything.

Just because somethings bad does not mean its ok.
(NOTE I do not look down on anyone who likes or dislikes something.)

Reilgions should be kept to yourself, Todd. There is no need to preach on and on and on and on on here. If you belive in god. Fine. There is no need to preach on or say. "What would Jesus or god" do.

WTF is a Pokfun? Is that some new sort of Pokemon?

You tend to want people to side with you in pointless arguments. Like I said. Go to another site if you want people to agree with you.

Everyone has the right to agree or disagree with you.

You're the one who needs to relax, instead of acting like a bat**** insane person when a red light goes of on here.

Agent Crab

Robyn said:
That's very true, this isn't a Christian forum, it's an Indiana Jones board. To tell you the truth Agent Crab, between the believers and non-believers that I've known in my life, the non-believers have treated me with much more kindness.

And Tiff, I have never called you Todd or Rod, I don't call people names.

Thank you!

It is true. The non belivers or someone who is a Buddist or whatever has more respect then someone who goeso n and on and on about god.

Indywolf. Like I said. Go to a differnt forum if you want people to agree with your little spats.

If you wanna discuss god and Jesus, find a Christian forum.

Agent Crab said:
Thank you!

It is true. The non belivers or someone who is a Buddist or whatever has more respect then someone who goeso n and on and on about god.

Indywolf. Like I said. Go to a differnt forum if you want people to agree with your little spats.

If you wanna discuss god and Jesus, find a Christian forum.
Please understan my friend we have a right to talk about anything we want to and if i believe in God thats fine. You can't make me do anything against my will. Am I complaining about you being a pagan no I am not.

Finn

Staff member
IndyWolf15 said:
Please understan my friend we have a right to talk about anything
Not in here you don't. This is a privately run forum where its upkeep is the sole authority on what's appropiate and what's not.

Considering we have people all over the world coming from different backgrounds, something we require from all our members is to show respect towards the opinions of others.

Admitting what one is and why one behaves as one does is okay. Telling others what's morally right and wrong isn't. And if one is constantly unable to behave in an appropiate manner, perhaps this place isn't suitable for him or her after all.

And if some you are quite not able to realize that by yourselves, we'll be glad to help.

The Drifter

I believe in God and Jesus but still yet I like a good, violent video game or a good horror film. My dad was a preacher and I can remember him renting horror movies when I was a kid.
Also, just because I play violent games and watch horrible movies does not mean that I am gonna go out and commit the acts that I see.

Also, Indywolf; when did Agent Crab say he was Pagan?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I believe in God and Jesus but still yet I like a good, violent video game or a good horror film. My dad was a preacher and I can remember him renting horror movies when I was a kid.
Also, just because I play violent games and watch horrible movies does not mean that I am gonna go out and commit the acts that I see.

Also, Indywolf; when did Agent Crab say he was Pagan?
Well he hinted towards being a pagan.

Thank you Finn for that infomation.

Finn

Staff member
IndyWolf15 said:
Thank you Finn for that infomation.
Remember, you are free to live and behave after to what you believe is right, even if the whole world tells you it's wrong.

Just don't preach to the people who might want nothing to do with your message. Let those who do come to you, not vice versa.

I hope this is the last time I need to tell you this. Otherwise, I'm afraid that I'll have to make sure that the next time truly is, no matter how good your intentions might be.