Indy & Marion Divorce?????

Jack Nelligan

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Bah, the whole Marion thing was pure fan-service. I hope it's not even mentioned in the new movie.

I agree. I hope she takes Mutt back to England and Indy hooks back up with Wille and Shorty!

DocWhiskey

Rumor has it that's going to be the storyline of the fifth movie. Indy gets divorced and a majority of the film takes place in court. I heard Marion gets all his artifacts and custody of Mutt. It ends with Indy sinking into alcoholism.

Marion and Indy are the perfect match, how could Indy leave Mutt his own son and hook up with Willie????????????????????? If that were to happen it would brake my heart!

yhst-51568362379717_2076_114174736

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
Marion and Indy are the perfect match, how could Indy leave Mutt his own son and hook up with Willie????????????????????? If that were to happen it would brake my heart!

Um, Mutt's a grown man. How would Indy being leaving him? It's not like Mutt is six.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DocWhiskey said:
Rumor has it that's going to be the storyline of the fifth movie. Indy gets divorced and a majority of the film takes place in court. I heard Marion gets all his artifacts and custody of Mutt. It ends with Indy sinking into alcoholism.

The real punch line being that he's getting drunk, depressed over the fact that Marion's taken all his artifacts and at the same time, he's celebrating that he doesn't have custody of Mutt.

Seriously though, I kinda doubt a divorce: maybe there would be a difficulty (such as another woman tempting Indy). There was a divorce situation in "Legend of Zorro" (the sequel to "Mask of Zorro) a few years back and let me just say, it just didn't work. It made the film even more awkward to watch.

Jack Nelligan

Violet Indy said:
The real punch line being that he's getting drunk, depressed over the fact that Marion's taken all his artifacts and at the same time, he's celebrating that he doesn't have custody of Mutt.

Seriously though, I kinda doubt a divorce: maybe there would be a difficulty (such as another woman tempting Indy). There was a divorce situation in "Legend of Zorro" (the sequel to "Mask of Zorro) a few years back and let me just say, it just didn't work. It made the film even more awkward to watch.

I think it would be a good plot line to have Willie come back and temp Indy.

The Drifter

Jack Nelligan said:
I think it would be a good plot line to have Willie come back and temp Indy.

That would be good for a novel or a series of side-comics, but not a movie. I do not want what is most likely the last Indy movie to be weighed down by a love-triangle.

Jack Nelligan

Lonsome_Drifter said:
That would be good for a novel or a series of side-comics, but not a movie. I do not want what is most likely the last Indy movie to be weighed down by a love-triangle.

So, do you think they stay together for the long haul???

The Drifter

Jack Nelligan said:
So, do you think they stay together for the long haul???

No, I would like to see a small part in the next one that would go something like this:
Indy is at his desk in the dean's office. He's looking at a picture of Marion (he honestly did love her) and then he picks up a slip of paper and we see that it's a divorce notice.
With a deep sigh Indy puts down the picture and picks up and pen, and signs it.

After that it could cut to another scene. That's all I would like to see. No need to make it a huge ordeal. Just show how lonely Indy seems in that scene and how old and weary he looks.
Then after that, he rebounds back while on his new adventure.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
No, I would like to see a small part in the next one that would go something like this:
Indy is at his desk in the dean's office. He's looking at a picture of Marion (he honestly did love her) and then he picks up a slip of paper and we see that it's a divorce notice.
With a deep sigh Indy puts down the picture and picks up and pen, and signs it.

After that it could cut to another scene. That's all I would like to see. No need to make it a huge ordeal. Just show how lonely Indy seems in that scene and how old and weary he looks.
Then after that, he rebounds back while on his new adventure.

I like that. Classy.

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
I like that. Classy.

Thanks Attila.
I think having a small scene like that would be more powerful and emotional than going overboard with the divorce angle (if it did happen).

Jack Nelligan

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Thanks Attila.
I think having a small scene like that would be more powerful and emotional than going overboard with the divorce angle (if it did happen).

I agree! That would be all that is needed...on to the next adventure!!!:whip:

indyclone25

dont' think it will happen tho --- lucas will want indiana to be happy , and i think harrison would keep it that way to , so i don't see divorce in the series .

Meerkat

DocWhiskey said:
:eek: You're kidding, right?

(BTW, I would actually like to see Indy and Marion divorce- I'm sure you all know why. *evil grin*)

DocWhiskey

Nope. I'm DEAD serious.

I also heard a rumor that Spalko returns in a giant spaceship and she flies Indy far away. To the space between spaces.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DocWhiskey said:
Nope. I'm DEAD serious.

I also heard a rumor that Spalko returns in a giant spaceship and she flies Indy far away. To the space between spaces.

Now, now, don't get the poor girl's hopes up...

DocWhiskey said:
Nope. I'm DEAD serious. I also heard a rumor that Spalko returns in a giant spaceship and she flies Indy far away. To the space between spaces.

Makes sense. Speaking of deadly seriousness...did you see the deleted scene where Indy kisses Spalko?

Gear

DocWhiskey said:
Nope. I'm DEAD serious.

I also heard a rumor that Spalko returns in a giant spaceship and she flies Indy far away.

It's actually a space Winnebago Chieftain.