Avengers: Age of Ultron

Sea Monarch

Thought I'd pass on some of the casting news on this highly anticipated sequel to the towering behemoth citybuster that is The Avenger's, and low and behold no one got around to starting a thread yet. Then again, this news is still hot/warm off the press.

So here's the scoop. All I know, so far about this, is that like the heading above says, the working title for Avenger's 2 is The Age of Ultron. and they have cast James Spader as the lead villain Ultron. (I had to double take to make sure I didn't mean to type David Spade instead, as I often get those two mixed up. Along with Gene Simmons/Richard Simmons, and Pierce Bronson/Bronson Pinchot. "Doan be rudicyulus coozin Q") :D

Apparently Ultron is a snobby, sharp dressed, high school rich robot, that is trying to lay the shy, Molly Ringw.....ait a minute! Wrong movie! Okay, so basically the Office's Robert California is a BIG EVIL ROBOT! Duh! But he's a major nemesis to the Avenger's in the comic series, and he's very big, and very evil. Just like Robert California's ego. You get the picture.

Originally, the filmmakers were either considering, or rumored to consider Paul Bettany (Iron Man's Jarvis), as Ultron. So glad they didn't rotate characters in the Marvel universe again!

What's funny/dissapointing to me is that after all the hype regarding the reveal of Thanos in the teaser tag ending of Avenger's, it doesn't look like he'll even make an appearance in this movie. Oh well, maybe Ultron is just a diversion, and Thanos will be the main baddy! Then again, maybe they're saving Thanos for Thor 2, or for the MST3K sequel, Thanos: The Hand Of Fate.;)

kongisking

Thrilled for this, of course. Spader has a good creepy bad-guy voice, judging from the commercials for The Blacklist.

And now I can't stop thinking of David Spade as Ultron:

"It rubs the lotion on it's skiiiiiiin!"

Sea Monarch

kongisking said:
Thrilled for this, of course. Spader has a good creepy bad-guy voice, judging from the commercials for The Blacklist.

And now I can't stop thinking of David Spade as Ultron:

"It rubs the lotion on it's skiiiiiiin!"

Hmm, I'm not remembering off hand where David Spade said that, but sounds like typical Robert California dialogue. It's true Spa.......Oh hilarious kong, you got me mixed up again!!! There you had me thinking of James, and not the SNL guy as saying that. Yeah, it's true Spader plays a good creepy bad guy! And yet, that's probably why I love his role in Stargate, as he played against typecast, and was so likable.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Sea Monarch said:
Hmm, I'm not remembering off hand where David Spade said that...

T'was a spoof of Silence of the Lambs that his titular character said in Joe Dirt as he's being tomented by Buffalo Bob.

Gekkos Big Baws said:
WTF is that when it's at home? Have I missed 60 minutes?

You're no Hans Gruber, I'm afraid.

Sea Monarch

This just in, Samuel L. Jackson has leaked casting news on The Avengers 2, that Elizabeth Olsen is joining the cast of the upcoming sequel to The Avengers. She is rumored to possibly be playing Wanda Maximoff, aka The Scarlet Witch, sister to Quicksilver, and daughter of Magneto. That is all.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Terrible news, everyone. Robert Downey Jr. suffered an ankle injury on set (some sources say a broken leg). Doctors ordered six weeks of bed rest. Meanwhile, Weta Digital created a digital RDJ to go with the digital Iron Man so filming was not affected. Fortunately fans prefer to see the character with the mask on, and for those special occasions don't mind if his face is pasted on a body double. (And you thought Morgan Freeman's voice work sounded easy!) Though if he was nearly too expensive before, he may be uninsurable now. And he'll be 50 at the Avengers 2 premiere, not exactly Disney material.

Forbidden Eye

Moedred said:
Terrible news, everyone. Robert Downey Jr. suffered an ankle injury on set (some sources say a broken leg). Doctors ordered six weeks of bed rest. Meanwhile, Weta Digital created a digital RDJ to go with the digital Iron Man so filming was not affected. Fortunately fans prefer to see the character with the mask on, and for those special occasions don't mind if his face is pasted on a body double. (And you thought Morgan Freeman's voice work sounded easy!) Though if he was nearly too expensive before, he may be uninsurable now. And he'll be 50 at the Avengers 2 premiere, not exactly Disney material.

I nominate this as post of the year!

Montana Smith

It's all so obvious now.

Indy needs a high-tech suit of flying armour. No tomb too tough. No ocean too deep. No treasure out of reach.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
It's all so obvious now.

Indy needs a high-tech suit of flying armour. No tomb too tough. No ocean too deep. No treasure out of reach.

That would be Doc Savage, no?

jsarino

Moedred said:

They need a life model decoy of RDJ. ;)

jsarino

Calo said:
Has anyone found any leaked videos of the footage shown at comic-con?

They've been pretty much pulled out everywhere. I did hear what it is, and if true, definitely fits in the context of the film.

Goonie

Well what do you know, Marvel replied to the leak with an official release...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tmeOjFno6Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>