TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?
Absolutely!!! I'm in lala land 36 30.77%
Maybe...but not today. 48 41.03%
No, not with any of the current creators and members. 18 15.38%
Heck no, no denial issues here. 8 6.84%
I may not like it, but a Re-boot is possible within the decade 11 9.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #6426
IndyForever
IndyFan

Lucasfilm have now confirmed the Cooper rumour is not true....thankfully !

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...oAbIiHVWe0h8w8
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #6427
Ska
IndyFan

What if Cooper was never intended to be a new Indy (as has been officially denied), but an older Mutt?
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #6428
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
At this point, why does anyone ere hold out hope for an Indy V starring Ford? What gives you the faith that it will happen?

Let's examine the evidence:
Raiders112390, this is probably the best post that you've ever written. Hats off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Túrin Turambar
Exactly Harrison as to be the most rugged guy I've ever seen, look it him in raiders and temple..Beast.
Túrin, you've previously called Harrison a "silver fox" and now a "Beast" so it must be asked: Are you a guy or a gal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Lucasfilm have now confirmed the Cooper rumour is not true....thankfully !
IndyForever, did you actually believe that the rumour had any substance to it?

P.S. That "Latino Review" article used the words, 'franchise' and 'reboot' more times that you could shake a stick at. Typical internet-report garbage.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #6429
curmudgeon
IndyFan

By default, I distrust anything Latino Review claims until/unless independently verified by more reliable sources.

Not that they don't occasionally have good scoops, but in my observance they seem to have a track record of implying rumors, instead of reporting them outright, in a way that gives them deniability if it turns out wrong/inaccurate.

They were clearly implying that recast could be imminent, but spent half the article hedging by saying it was only a plan for if they miss the deadline for another Ford film and that no offer had been made to Cooper and might not ever be made.

So the main sensationalist part of the rumor that everyone picked up on, is the same part that's completely nullified by the article itself.

Such that if/when it was denied, or if a new Ford film was announced as soon as the next day, they could just say "Oh, we (or "our sources") weren't lying, we clearly said it was only if they couldn't get a Ford film going. Duh."
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #6430
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Exactly Harrison as to be the most rugged guy I've ever seen, look it him in raiders and temple..Beast.

And he can do Indy in hIs 70's, he is tough as nails people just like old man Clint.

Clint Eastwood Dead at 83
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #6431
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo

You got me!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #6432
Raiders112390
IndyFan

IMO one of the bigger losses to cinematic history was that there wasn't a slew of Indy sequels in the 90s. Had Lucas and Spielberg been more into Infy, we could've gotten a nice amount of Indy films throughout the 90s into the 00s

Eg.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1994)
Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars (1996)
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix (1998)
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (2001)
Indiana Jones and the Garden of Eden (2008)
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #6433
AndyLGR
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
My question is:

At this point, why does anyone ere hold out hope for an Indy V starring Ford? What gives you the faith that it will happen?
I think its more hope. I think people hold such a place in their hearts and mind for Raiders that they want to see Ford do another good Indy movie again.

I may be speaking for myself but I still hope there is another good movie in him. That may be blind faith. But thats what keeps many franchises going even when the star is a lot older and it relys on the nostalgia factor from its target audience and it keeps them coming back for more.

The reality probably is that the Bond route will be good for Indy with another actor playing him for another trilogy.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #6434
IndyForever
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
IndyForever, did you actually believe that the rumour had any substance to it?
Not much but the trouble is agents put these rumours out there & sometimes they become fact unless people complain enough (why they put these rumours out to begin with to gauge opinion without revealing anything else!)
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #6435
IndyForever
IndyFan

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/st...ra-1201157963/

Spielberg potentially boards another movie but no mention of Indy 5 + 6
Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #6436
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:

I doubt the big three can muster enough interest to get back together to make another one.

Lucas has already written two final instalments (TLC and KOTCS). I think as far as he's concerned his Indy days are over unless someone twists his arm.

Spielberg is always seemingly busy doing something else.

And Harrison most recently said that his criteria for choosing scripts included looking for "something different to do."

Quote:
Q: Hi Harrison! How do you choose your projects? And has this process changed for you since 1980s?

Quote:
iamharrisonford 07:12 Apr 13 2014120pts ↑132 ↓12

You know, it's very hard to say what the motivation is these days. Most of the time I love the material, have the time free, and look for something different to do. I look for people I enjoy working with, I look for material that i think will make a film that people will go to. It's my job.

http://www.topiama.com/r/2448/i-am-h...rison-ford-ama

Playing an older Han Solo will be different, but playing an older Indy? He's already done that once.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #6437
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

Maybe all the the Indy 5 talk was nonsense,? I've seen now evidence of them working on it...he's 72 soon....they can't just sit back on this, they need to get working on this now this year. If they wait till after star wars 7 next December, Harry is going to be 74 in 2016.
Túrin Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #6438
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Maybe all the the Indy 5 talk was nonsense,? I've seen now evidence of them working on it...he's 72 soon....they can't just sit back on this, they need to get working on this now this year. If they wait till after star wars 7 next December, Harry is going to be 74 in 2016.

For some time I've considered the talk to be the equivalent of keeping their options open should a plan come together.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #6439
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

Yeah you're maybe right
Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #6440
IndyForever
IndyFan

Disney exec Alan Horn said a few months ago Indy 5 has no script yet they did not buy the rights from Paramount to do nothing with it & are wise enough to know a reboot would be terrible business & generate bad industry buzz!

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/don...rs-1200952951/

Its looking more like an Indy 5 would have Ford but no Lucas/Spielberg unless they are producing it only & I do not see Spielberg happy to do that somehow!

If I was a billionaire semi-retired film maker I would just go all out to make an Indy 5 + 6 a priority ending in the best possible way then thats it the 2nd trilogy is finished forever Ford would most likely retire anyway so it has a lot of emotional investment for Lucas/Spielberg/Ford.

Lucas even though he is lazy still has a soft spot for Ford & Indiana Jones I just wish he kept the Indiana Jones rights instead of selling to Disney because they will go ahead without him within a year or so
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #6441
Pale Horse
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Disney exec Alan Horn said a few months ago Indy 5 has no script yet they did not buy the rights from Paramount to do nothing with it & are wise enough to know a reboot would be terrible business & generate bad industry buzz!

Old news, kiddo. See the thread and discussion here.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #6442
foreignerfred
IndyFan

Quote:

When asked about more Indiana Jones, Spielberg has often said that if the opportunity to make another Indiana Jones came up, he would "clear his schedule."
foreignerfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #6443
IndyForever
IndyFan

Spielberg has now written an outline for The Goonies 2 which he is producing with Richard Dooner as well as circling another Tom Hanks movie (please do not make another Hanks movie Steven look how mediocre The Terminal turned out!). So Indy 5 gets further away again......... you would think by now Spielberg would turn to Lucas & ask to develop the Indy 5 + 6 stories with Lucas or his own writers & Ford to speed things up a little

https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/19/richa...ven-spielberg/

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67019
Old 04-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #6444
Túrin Turambar
IndyFan

I give up.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #6445
kongisking
IndyFan

And I sit here in the corner, looking at this fandom from afar and shaking my head at how we are doing nothing to publicly voice our desire and support for a 5th film. What will it take to make us all unite and work on a plan together to get the Beard's attention?

I'm not gonna stop harping you people on this. The Star Wars fandom sure aint this lazy...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #6446
Olliana
IndyFan

More Goonies and more Hanks... what a way to start a day
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #6447
Pale Horse
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
I'm not gonna stop harping you people on this. The Star Wars fandom sure aint this lazy...

Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #6448
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #6449
TheFedora
IndyFan

Because Hollywood is going towards more and more reboots and remakes at an alarming speed.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #6450
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliana
More Goonies and more Hanks... what a way to start a day

I may be bummed Indy 5 is appearing less and less likely...but another collab between Berg and Hanks is just as much cause for celebration in my world.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote