General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Forbidden Eye

replican't said:
Yeah, lock the thread up and go home folks.

Even if Indy 5 never happens, I don't see why we should lock this thread up. I'm sure Indy 5 will eventually happen, even if its as a reboot decades latter. As long as it keeps being brought up in the media, we can leave this thread open.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Spielberg's next film project after "Lincoln" WILL be "Robopocalypse".
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51106

Indy 5 is as good as dead... but I guess they will announce the time of death on the 12th.

I'll still be attending the funeral.

I also have my doubts about Indy 5 at this point, but you do realize that Lincoln was originally going to come out before Kingdom of the Crystal Skull right? It was even at one point going to come out in 2009 with Liam Neeson in the role.

Montana Smith

Johnny Nys said:
Frank Marshal tweeted something big is coming. But I don't want to be too optimistic.

Producer Frank Marshall is being a huge tease on Twitter this afternoon with a message that seems to indicate there is some sort of new Back to the Future project about to be announced.

http://www.slashfilm.com/producer-frank-marshall-teases-big-back-future-announcement/

frank-marshall-bttf-tweet.jpg

QBComics

kongisking said:
A new Back to the Future film? I dunno...Indiana Jones naturally lends itself to infinite sequels, not BTTF. That's what I want to hear Marshall tweeting about. I want him to type the unforgettable words, "Indy 5 is a go!"

The tweet was referring to the Back to the Future shoes.

The Character

I've heard from a very reliable source who's US friend heard directly from HF himself that Indy V is very far from dead. On the basis of what he told me I am certainly not giving up on another outing for IJ.

TC

Indy's brother

The Character said:
I've heard from a very reliable source who's US friend heard directly from HF himself that Indy V is very far from dead. On the basis of what he told me I am certainly not giving up on another outing for IJ.

TC

The (ever-shrinking) part of me that is still holding out hope for Indy 5 thanks you for that post, unsubstantiated as it may be.

Can you dish any more specific details without outing your pal?

kevster

Indy's brother said:
The (ever-shrinking) part of me that is still holding out hope for Indy 5 thanks you for that post, unsubstantiated as it may be.

Can you dish any more specific details without outing your pal?

+1 :) Please tell us a bit more of what you've heard...

Montana Smith

I heard from a friend of a friend's cousin whose mother knows Harrison's maid's sister that old Harry's goldfish died. Apparently he's so distraught that he's trying to convince George and Steve to work on that germ of an idea again for Indy V just to take his mind off his overwhelming grief.

Indy's brother

Oh 'Tana. I know I'm grasping at straws, and it might not add up to a hill of beans, but hey:

This is my hill, and these are my beans.

Let me have a second of joy here.

Johnny Nys

The news of the shoes was already out at the time of this tweet. So unless he wasn't aware of that himself, it must be something else.

Indy's brother

Johnny Nys said:
The news of the shoes was already out at the time of this tweet. So unless he wasn't aware of that himself, it must be something else.
You know, I thought that was the case, but I didn't bother to check it out. Good call, Nys!

Yeah, yeah, I know it still doesn't necessarily mean anything about Indy, either.

...or does it...? #IJ5

I'm with you Indy's Brother.

I'm hoping that wisp of straw barely within reach is enough to support Indy V, even if it does almost completely uproot sending us down the bottomless pit.

IndyForever

The waiting is almost over as Spielberg is doing his ROTLA Q&A this evening so we will hear something good or bad regardless in the next 12 hours or so!!

I seem to remember them saying Spielberg + Special Guest so who knows if Lucas/Ford will be there as well..........