Any new pics?

Alexandria

I think I remember reading that Harrison said he would beat up anyone who said he wasn't fit enough to play Indy again. LOL! Go Harrison!:whip: :D
All I have to say is that he's up for the physical stuff, and that makeup does WONDERS. I just hope he doesn't go the botox route. That stuff always looks obvious to me. He doesn't seem the type to do that though.
He keeps himself up well, and runs his own ranch, so this guy's not loungeing around Hollywood parties, and sipping martinis.

Vendetta08

Echo22 said:
Lighting, makeup, a tan, and let's not forget the fedora - these will all take the years off. But, most importantly - how he acts will influence how he is perceived. Based on the photos I've seen of him leaving the gym, he's more musclebound than he was in the 80's Jones films. It's just a matter of how they have written his character. If he's supposed to play the part of this tired old fuddy-duddy rolling his eyes at all his younger costar's antics (like in Hollywood Homicide) Then he'll look old. If what I think is going to happen truly happens, and Ford (who hasn't been in a role like this since Six Days Seven Nights) proves that he hasn't missed a beat - Then we're in for a real treat. Sure his age will come up, but I truly believe that the age issue will be thrown out the window within the first few minutes of the opening scenes.

Couldn't agree any more! Well said.

But I'm also hoping the hair is dyed but it's not a necessity.

deckard24

I agree that Ford can look younger in some pics, but in pics like the one posted you can see the wobbly neck that most men don't start to develop until well into their 60's.

StwongBwidge, as a matter of fact I am. My Dad is pushing 70 and looks like a man who is in his early 60's.

Ford is lucky to have a relatively full head of hair at his age, which definitely adds to his more youthful 64 year old appearance. That coupled with the earring, and a physique most guys in their 30's don't have makes him one of the most youthful 60 year olds in showbiz. At the end of the day, in Six Days and Seven Nights back when he was a spry 55, he looked like an extremely fit and tan 55 year old. He didn't look like he was 45, but in his 50's. Roll the clock ahead and he looks his age, an extremely fit genetically gifted near 65 year old man.

I would go see IJ4 if Ford was 74, and as I've said before I'd even gladly give up extra action scenes for more suspense and mystery, if Ford continued the movies into his 70's. His age does not matter to me for this movie, I know he'll pull it off and it'll be a kickass Indy flick. I just think Ford more and more in the last few years he is really starting to show his age. Back in SDaSN he could have pulled off younger (knock a few years off his 55) with no one batting an eye, but now 60 is about as young as I could see Ford play.

sttngfan1701d

A agree that ~1998 or around the time he did Six Days Seven Nights would have been perfect for Indy 4. He looked great and could've done action as hard as what was in Raiders without anyone batting an eye.

He still looks fine now, but I think EVERYONE will have to go through an adjustment period when they first see him in Indy 4 doing action stuff. I think, even if we accept right now (or tell ourselves that we've accepted it) that he WILL be old onscreen, it will still be a bit of a shock to see Indy in costume NOT looking as he did 20 years ago. We'll get used to it during the film. It might take a minute or so. Eventually we'll go, "Yeah. He's older, but he's back!", but it'll still be a shock to see Ford like that. Especially if his shirt gets ripped or something. The man is in great shape for 65, but barring any Ricardo Montalban-ish miracles, he'll really show his age there.

All this is why I think we'll see Indy get REALLY roughed up in this picture. I don't think he'll be killed (they BETTER not kill him!!!!!! :mad: :D ) but it will really be evident that he's aged, for sure. It will make it more believable, but this film is going to be as hard for all of us to watch as it will be fun. Our hero will be an old man. He'll still be plucky and determined, but he'll be very different too. And we'll know that this will definitely be the end of the story.

Echo22

The way he looked in Sabrina, 6D's 7N's and Airforce One would have put Indy in his 40's (even though Ford was well into his 50's)

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/cgi-...ink=Films/Sabrina&image=sabrina3.jpg&img=&tt=

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/cgi-...ix_Days_Seven_Nights&image=6d7n3.jpg&img=&tt=

http://www.hfm2.com/photopost1/data/826/medium/blackpolo2_.jpg

Sad to think. If there had been an Indy film 10 yrs ago there would have been a great WWII plot line. But I am really used to the idea of this being set in the 50's. The near 20 year wait adds to the excitement. But his older age also adds much more to the character development. Indy in his 40's would not have been much (if at all) different than the character we've known in his 30's. Plus the time period adds a little variety to the series. Now you could see Russians, the Cold War, Nuclear Arms, etc. And as we've all heard by now, Indy may even have some sort of offspring.

My guess is that the big shock will be to those who think he's now an "old man". Even though Hollywood Homicide may have been filmed 4+ years ago, it is likely that after all the training Ford's been through, he's in better shape than he was at that time. He does not look any older.

It's all in how Indy 4 is written. If he's semi-retired and has given up his old days - but is brought back into it because of something beyond his control, then Spielberg and Ford will slow the character down a bit in the beginning (which would be almost foolish of them considering all the skeptics). Now, if the only thing about him that's older is a few wrinkles and his hair color - then I'm not at all worried. And I'll laugh at all the skeptics. Ford is fully capable of portraying Indiana jones the way we're used to him. (and so are his stuntmen)
;)

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/cgi-...ms/Hollywood_Homicide&image=22.jpg&img=48&tt=

http://images.killermovies.com/t/twocops/9_harrison_ford_running.jpg

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/cgi-...ms/Hollywood_Homicide&image=31.jpg&img=48&tt=

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

He looks great! :D :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

1291.jpg

1272.jpg

sttngfan1701d

He does look great. I like the new glasses. The grey stubble is going to take some getting used to, though. Looks kind of weird at first glance.

Vendetta08

20070621.jpg

For those that don't go to the Spoiler section, I present you, the first official picture.

Last edited:

ElodieJones

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW (y)

Sorry too much emotion, I can't say anything.
Wow how said Harrison is too old ??? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable! He looks JUST like that poster some kid did a while back. Big prize to him.

This is just fantastic. The film really will work I think!

ElodieJones

Me tooooo !!!
That's so great, I can't believe it !

The first time I saw that picture I thought it was taken for an old film, but then looking better I realize it's the 4th Indy and he is just PERFECT !!!

Better than I could imagine :D

deckard24

My God, you can really see how much trimmer Ford is since Firewall!! He must have dropped 15-20lbs easy. The guy looks fantastic, what more can I say! What a great day!(y)

Dr.Sartorius

When do you guys think official images of the co stars will be released? I'm thinking we'll get images of Shia and Cate Blanchett as who ever they are by either next week or the week after...

deckard24

Dr. Sartorius, I hope soon. My internet will thankfully be up and running by tomorrow so I won't have to make another run to a friends house to check e-mails and The Raider.net. Shia and Blanchett are good guesses for who's next, I'd say by next week we'll see some more snippets. What a kick ass day!!